PDA

View Full Version : applying as caregiver in the UK

malditako
2nd October 2010, 20:32
my cousin in phils has been offered a caregiving job in the phils (direct hire) from someone here in the UK..she was reffered to the employers solicitors who's going to process the papers for her. however my cousin needs to pay the processing worth of 1,225 pounds and that includes employment visa of 205 pounds, resident permit 550, and work permit of 470. i would like to seek advice regarding this as this is a great amount of money to be given away and i dont want her to be scammed...

does she really need to pay that resident permit that soon? and what is this employment visa? :Erm:

Terpe
2nd October 2010, 21:21
gparry2007,
I hope that joebloggs will be online soon to provide advice.
I am not an expert on this but I can say my wife is a caregiver. Many of our friends also.
As far as I know you can only secure a job such as this (or in fact any job) in the circumstances you describe if you are offered employment from an employer who is officially and legally registered with the government to hire immigrants from outside Europe. Additionally, such posts must be advertised for any UK/European applicant.
I just do not believe this is a genuine job offer.
The employer my wife works for is one of the biggest care employer in UK and I know for a fact that they are absolutely unable to secure employment for anyone outside of Europe. Despite the fact that they have written to the home office specifically requesting permission to hire.
There are NO care giver company's in UK current able to hire from Phils. Period.
If the potential employer you are referring to is a private individual then this job offer is for sure a scam since they would not be registered to do this.
Do the research for yourself and will see the situation you describe is impossible.
If it were possible somehow, I would have hired my wife sister who is qualified caregiver and nurse to look after my dad. It's just not possible.
Sorry to this .... this is just the case.
joebloggs may have some specialst information. Everyone who want to work in UK will be watching this post.

Terpe
2nd October 2010, 21:48
gparry2007,
Sorry, I lost my connection for some reason!!
I was going to add that there are really a lot of scams similar to the case you posted.
Please be extra cautious.
How did your cousin in Phils hear about the Job ??
Is you cousin RP citizen??
What kind of visa is being offered??
I'm sure I saw something similar on this forum recently.
Do not pay money to the employer's solicitor.
If you think this is a serious job offer take advice from an independent solicitor/immigration lawyer.
I would be most interested to hear what happens next when specific questions are asked.
Keep us informed
Take care always

yorkie
2nd October 2010, 23:31
I'd say its a scam for sure, I had a friend who had a very similar offer and the would be employer even said they wouldnt need to worry about a visa application as they'd sort it all out. The apparent employers' english was pretty bad as were his credentials and he became very short of temper when questioned further about the alleged position, turned out it was a Nigerian scammer in london using a few different addresses. I dont think any legitimate employer will ask for any processing fees etc up front. I'd suggest getting as much information on the person as possible, ie how and where to pay the money and pass it on to the authorities.

I'm actually just recently applied for a job in China through a legitimate recruitment site and had a very fast reply from the firm placing the advert saying my CV was very impressive...all seemed a bit over eager, having googlised them all I could find about them were recruitment adverts on pretty much every job site in the UK, I sent a reply and just waiting for them to ask me for some processing fee to open the gateway to my 'dream £60k+ per year job' On the other hand I might just be a bit over suspicious and jaded, but there a lot of robbing b'stards out there so I'd rather be that way than robbed.

grahamw48
3rd October 2010, 00:46
I agree it is a scam.

Any 'proper' UK employer wouldn't even think of charging the prospective employee any kind of fees.

On the contrary, they'd probably offer to pay airfare and all other expenses, but as posters above have said, not going to happen anyway,
as visa not likely to be granted.

malditako
3rd October 2010, 09:06
thanks for all the reply guys...my cousin said she saw the job offer in their workboard in the training school she attending...she gave me the names, address, and phone numbers of the person here in the UK but then I myself is also suspicious especially when they told her that she needs to pay resident permit which i believe is ILR visa.

thanks for the info...very much appreciated

malditako
3rd October 2010, 09:07
I agree it is a scam.

Any 'proper' UK employer wouldn't even think of charging the prospective employee any kind of fees.

On the contrary, they'd probably offer to pay airfare and all other expenses, but as posters above have said, not going to happen anyway,
as visa not likely to be granted.

they said they would pay for my cousin airfare thats all

joebloggs
3rd October 2010, 09:13
yes it looks a scam, as terpe has posted.

Eligibility
You must have a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship from an organisation that is a 4. licensed sponsor in the United Kingdom. You can only have a job offer if you will not be displacing a suitable settled worker. This means that employers cannot offer a job to a non-settled worker if it means that a suitable settled worker will be turned down for the job or made redundant.

charging you for a residency permit should be enough to warn you :icon_lol:

joebloggs
3rd October 2010, 09:16
they said they would pay for my cousin airfare thats all

now why would they pay her air fare and not for the visa ?
maybe becuase they want her to pay the £1,225 first :D and there probably will not be a visa , so they will never need to pay her air fare :angry:

malditako
3rd October 2010, 09:19
yes it looks a scam, as terpe has posted.

Eligibility
You must have a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship from an organisation that is a 4. licensed sponsor in the United Kingdom. You can only have a job offer if you will not be displacing a suitable settled worker. This means that employers cannot offer a job to a non-settled worker if it means that a suitable settled worker will be turned down for the job or made redundant.

charging you for a residency permit should be enough to warn you :icon_lol:

yeah i know resident permit is a bit of a joke..thank u

tomboo
3rd October 2010, 09:29
If it looks too easy to be true, then its not true

joebloggs
3rd October 2010, 09:53
yeah i know resident permit is a bit of a joke..thank u

getting a visa to work in the UK must be virtually 0% now with people in the uk and Europe losing their jobs, even more so now because of the rise in minimum pay (see the post on this :NoNo:) that some filipinas are being made redundant just before they've been in the UK 5yrs :cwm23:

katerry
3rd October 2010, 09:57
thats a scam... uk is in recession and bordering all job hiring from all over the country... the better way to do i guess is to contact the hospital that you will be working and check if they are registered nursing home in uk... thats the only thing i can advice... hhhhhmmmmmm....:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:

Ladybug_sim
3rd October 2010, 10:34
Just add my opinion and ideas here as what i read the thread too. So many agencies here in the Philippines or even do an adds on radio station to have seminars those who are interested to work abroad especially UK, they offer works for nurse, caregiver and some skilled worker.. i did attended once for the seminar and I just wondering things so I found out that they show good things for the works everything be happen as long as you registered to them and file your application but they ask 50,000 for registration free board and lodging, flights to go to Manila then seminars on how to get entry. It is none refundable so something not good on it.. buggy, can hear that adds while he is here with me.... well, i didnt try too so good for me ;)

I did agree to the members here if they ask an amount or big amount i think it is a warning but some people really want to try on it ... and still not sure she/ he can pass the interview as what they said too... then they find out they lost things of what they have .. It is good if you really sure when you apply works, sure that you can have a good sponsors and work to go and home to stay that makes you feel comfortable .. best things to think :xxgrinning--00xx3: