PDA

View Full Version : North ...

Arthur Little
5th October 2010, 01:13
... to Alaska? :NoNo: ... to the "wilds" of rural Aberdeenshire - tomorrow morning for a few days - in order to join my daughter & son-in-law in the birthday celebrations :xxparty-smiley-050: for my two grandchildren - who'll be 4 and 1 year old on Wednesday and Friday, respectively.

So, folks ... have a good week. :xxgrinning--00xx3: I shall return on Friday evening.

Sim11UK
5th October 2010, 01:36
I'd like to go to Alaska Arthur, but rural Aberdeenshire sounds nice...Have a nice time with your family.

I'm heading East in a matter of hours, then South-East :D :Wave:

raynaputi
5th October 2010, 03:56
wow! I'm so jealous you two are having a vacation! Have fun Arthur with your family at Alaska and buy some nice presents for the kids :Jump:..and Sim, enjoy your time with the Ladybug..:heartshape1:

mikey73
5th October 2010, 05:29
hi arthur and sim
enjoy your trips and have fun :Jump:

Terpe
5th October 2010, 06:37
Have a great trip Arthur:)
Two birthdays... that's nice. Enjoy:Wave:

Doc Alan
5th October 2010, 07:32
"North to Alaska" was a film about striking gold (and more...) starring John Wayne and Stewart Grainger, and the title song by Johnny Horton was a hit in 1960.
Have a good trip Arthur and tell us if there's any gold in Aberdeenshire :)

malditako
5th October 2010, 07:48
have a safe trip sir arthur:Wave:

stevewool
5th October 2010, 08:27
hi arthur enjoy your trip and enjoy the kids , sim you have a fantastic trip, it seems ages since you have saw your wife , have a great time both of you:)

stevewool
5th October 2010, 08:29
have a safe and enjoyable trip both of you arthur enjoy the kids and sim enjoy your wife seems ages since you have been there

stevewool
5th October 2010, 08:29
wooppppppppppppppppps just got dc and then connected sorry :icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
5th October 2010, 08:46
have a nice and safe trip Sir ARt and Sim,enjoy ur time with the love ones:heartshape1:

rani
5th October 2010, 09:20
have fun sir arthur... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

forester
5th October 2010, 11:00
Arthur, have a good trip and enjoy the celebrations.

joebloggs
5th October 2010, 11:01
its not far enough north Aurthur i want to see the northern lights :rolleyes:

mikey73
5th October 2010, 11:07
its not far enough north Aurthur i want to see the northern lights :rolleyes:

hi joe,
you can see the northern lights where arthur has gone, they can been seen around aberdeen during the winter months.

the northernlights of old aberdeen

When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad, my mother said to me,
"Come see the Northern Lights my boy, they're bright as they can be."
She called them the heavenly dancers, merry dancers in the sky,
I'll never forget that wonderful sight, they made the heavens bright.

Chorus:
The Northern Lights of Aberdeen are what I long to see;
The Northern Lights of Aberdeen, that's where I long to be.
I've been a wand'rer all of my life and many a sight I've seen.
God speed the day when I'm on my way to my home in Aberdeen.

joebloggs
5th October 2010, 13:27
i've promised my misses nearly 10yrs ago to take her to see them :rolleyes:, maybe next yr we'll got to iceland and see them :rolleyes:

for now it looks like we'll be takin g the kids to see the lights at blackpool on saturday :icon_lol:

mikey73
5th October 2010, 13:33
hi joe
i would like to see the northernlight too, stayed around aberdeen most of my life and i have never seen them. hope you and your family enjoy blackpool on saturday

stevewool
5th October 2010, 15:39
the northernlights are on my dream list too , fancy a trip all of us soon :icon_lol::icon_lol:

joebloggs
5th October 2010, 19:18
the northernlights are on my dream list too , fancy a trip all of us soon :icon_lol::icon_lol:

that's very kind of scouser Keith to hire a mini bus to take us all :icon_sorry: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7kqueltv00&feature=related :hubbahubba:

Arthur Little
8th October 2010, 22:18
:68711_thanx: folks, for your good wishes. Had an enjoyable time ... but - at the end of the day - there's no place like home! :NoNo: And it's nice to be back here "among" you all. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
8th October 2010, 22:24
:Hellooo: Welcome back Arthur! :Jump:

Doc Alan
8th October 2010, 22:28
I think there's some diasppointment it wasn't "North to Alaska" Arthur, with northern lights and gold, maybe next time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
8th October 2010, 22:30
:Hellooo: Welcome back Arthur! :Jump:

:thankyou:, Rayna ... this forum really is like a 'second home' to me!

Arthur Little
8th October 2010, 22:52
I think there's some diasppointment it wasn't "North to Alaska" Arthur, with northern lights and gold, maybe next time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Possibly, Alan; :rolleyes: funnily enough, though, Fiona & Dean actually did have an Alaskan Cruise - as an "add-on" to a Western USA holiday - a few years ago ...

Arthur Little
8th October 2010, 22:56
... and they had a "whale" of a time, as I recall! :D