PDA

View Full Version : advice needed in obtaining UK Tourist Visa

darrenesa
5th October 2010, 16:35
hi everyone! I have already posted my concern as a reply in another thread but thought of posting it as a new thread:

I just need some advice to raise my chances in getting a tourist visa to the UK as when I was browsing the forum it seemed that it's hard to obtain a Tourist Visa.

By the way, few things about me, I'm 28 yrs old, single, and my first time to travel out of the Philippines, why? cos this has been the only time and chance for me to do so because the past years I cannot leave since my mother needs to be taken care of due to her lung ailment. She passed away just April of this year and my dad also think I deserve a much needed break. And also, it is also by this time that I had enough savings for leisure.

So here are my concerns:

1. my stay might last for only 2-3 months since its just a vacation, can I still consume the remaining months since 6 months is granted for a tourist visa or does it mean it is valid for 6 months from the time it is granted?

2. As for sponsorship, I will be shouldering for the trip myself, (with a little help from my dad) although I have a friend in Banburry that I am planning to meet and he could act as my tour guide. I need some inputs please if I should or need to share that info with the embassy or will it just make things complicated?

3. For the security evidence, I have (2) savings acct with Php 100k+ each (at least more than 300k total) checking acct / bank statements and other savings acct & time deposit certificates that I share with my father (this is my concern if joint accounts are valid), work certificate, company ID and calling cards, I can also provide business permit (for my small business), municipal license and proof of billings (telephone, credit cards, etc), life insurance, and the fact that Im an only child that cannot leave my aging dad for long.

4. Should I still include land titles or vehicles OR/CR (eventhough it is under the name of my dad) just to show that I will definitely come back and cannot just leave those behind since as I have mentioned I am the only child.

Thank you very much in advance for the replies and inputs.

Ladybug_sim
5th October 2010, 17:24
Hi! darrenesa, welcome to the forum ... just keep reading and search the info soon the members can reply your query ... enjoy and good luck :Wave:

katerry
5th October 2010, 17:28
:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

Terpe
6th October 2010, 08:21
Hi darrensa,
You are correct that normally you will be granted 6 months. If for some reason it's less
you will be told.
You didn't mention anything about somewhere to stay. If you are really supporting yourself completely in UK you are going to find it very expensive and would likely need some very pressing reason to just consume any balance on your visa. But in principle it does not matter how short your visit will be.
The biggest issue will be to clearly demonstrate that you have a very good reason to return to Philippines. This is really where you need focus. At least you would need a letter from your employer stating that they authorise your holiday and that they expect you to return to your continuing employment. The longer you have been employed by them the better.
Showing land titles/vehicle ownership of your dad is not going to help.
Probably may not be sufficient reason to return even if your own name. (anyone have idea on this??)

The information you outlined in your item (3) is all helpful.
When my sis-in-law came for a visit last year she also only had joint bank account details (with her brother), but we were the sponsors and were paying for everything anyway, additionally we supplied a sponsor letter. Sis-in-law mentioned that at some point she was told that joint bank account details were not sufficient. We did try to quiz her about what this meant but got no understandable answer.
Anyway I think that this aspect is worth further clarification. Maybe someone else can help on this.

rani
6th October 2010, 08:35
i think it would help if you ask your friend for an invitation letter and if she could sponsor your food and accommodation... like terpe said, it would be very expensive if you'll spend for everything and you might blow your 300k savings easily for a 2 month vacation..

its good also to submit your business permit and its corresponding income tax return..

more info/suggestions from othe members coming up :xxgrinning--00xx3: good luck!

welcome to the forum darrenesa :Hellooo:

sars_notd_virus
6th October 2010, 09:15
hello darrenesa welcome here

read this thread might give u some more ideas for a successful tourist visa http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/27420-Tourist-Visa-4-my-boyfriend-APPROVED!-4-days-)

goodluck!!