PDA

View Full Version : Tourist Visa 4 my boyfriend APPROVED! 4 days :)

charlotte
5th October 2010, 23:47
Hey everyone

Just thought I'd share my experience and contribute to the forum. My boyfriend is from Fiji; a country which is 'developing' has many political problems (coup 2006, BANNED from British Commonwealth)

I joined this forum because.. although I am not in a relationship with anyone from the filipines, I found the visa advise to be invaluable - and everyone seemed so friendly, in comparrison to the other UK immigration forums!

When I met my boyfriend I was completely ignorant to UK immigration, I though it would be easy for him to come and go here on holiday as he pleased. I soon did some research and found out how wrong I was!

I was so worried because my bf is 21, and has never been employed. He found a job to start in January, but at the time when we went to apply for the visa - he was unable to get a letter from the company. They said he had to be 'officially' working there and on the payroll; they wouldn't give him the letter until he started. When this happened, I lost all hope, but we decided to apply anyway.

I sponsored him. I am 23, and currently a trainee teacher.
- I submitted a really good letter explaining exactly why my boyfriend was coming to the UK (xmas) and more importantly, I spent a good 2 paragraphs stressing WHY he would return to Fiji.
- I provided 2 bank statements, and 1 month of my savings account - with 3 months payslips
- I also provided a letter from my dad saying it was fine 4 him to come and stay, with proof he owned the property, and proof i was residing there.
- I wrote my bf and I an itinary for his stay. I just used a blank calender month for his proposed visit and filled each day in with an activity - really simple stuff.. like visiting a museum etc.

The rest was up to him...

HE provided
- 6 months bank statements showing savings
- proof where and how he got the money
- a letter from his mother detailing his expected return and why
- death cert from family members to show his NEED to be at the family home with his mother
- a letter from his basketball coach showing commitment to team and training - although this was unpaid
- a letter from himself stating why he would return.

We also included evidence of our relationship - pics, phone bills, my e-tickets.

I just want to say THANK YOU so much for everyone who previously answered my questions about the tourist visa. I posted about it a very long time ago now, and the answers really helped me. I spent a lot of time preparing for it, which i believe paid off.

We dont want to get married for another year or so, and I am tied to uni - so this visa was our only option of seeing each other till July. I am very grateful for all the advise here.

charlotte

bornatbirth
6th October 2010, 00:17
well done to you both and i hope all goes well for you, thx for letting all know that you benefitted from the site and all its advice :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
6th October 2010, 05:44
hard work really pays :xxgrinning--00xx3:
well done charlotte :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th October 2010, 06:04
Your efforts in research, your strategy and execution were well thought out and resulted in the desired outcome.:appl:
Well done charlotte

joebloggs
6th October 2010, 08:19
:xxgrinning--00xx3: well done,
if all visit visas were granted :rolleyes:

liane
6th October 2010, 08:30
Congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
6th October 2010, 08:36
well done both of you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
6th October 2010, 09:11
Good news!!
Congrats to both of u:xxgrinning--00xx3:

MiamorRox
9th November 2010, 21:31
Thank you for enlightening my mind. But I guess the problem with us are opposite with us. My boyfriend are from uk, and was planning to sponsor me in goingthere, the problem with us is that I don't have any source of income to be presented in the embassy,no bank account, nor land title hold or properties, and don'thave a job for now.It is reallyhard,to get a tourist visa for me.

Englishman2010
9th November 2010, 21:41
Congratulations and well done. Here's to you have a thoroughly enjoyable time together at Christmas:)

Dedworth
9th November 2010, 21:55
Well done - it does show the faceless bureaucrats can sometimes pull their finger out and get things done promptly. Maybe the cold fear of job cuts has something to do with it :icon_lol: Anyhow enjoy Christmas

eula mackay
9th November 2010, 22:07
well done! it wil be a very special christmas for both of you!

Arthur Little
9th November 2010, 22:08
Hey everyone

I just want to say THANK YOU so much for everyone who previously answered my questions about the tourist visa. I posted about it a very long time ago now, and the answers really helped me. I spent a lot of time preparing for it, which i believe paid off.

We dont want to get married for another year or so, and I am tied to uni - so this visa was our only option of seeing each other till July. I am very grateful for all the advise here.

charlotte

Charlotte ... I remember well discussing the chances of your Fijian boyfriend being granted a UK Tourist Visa. Back in June, it was ... and I can recall advising you not to build up your hopes too much. But, in the end, you clearly decided it was worth "gambling" :REGamblMoney01HL1: on. And now that gamble has paid off, I'm absolutely delighted :BouncyHappy: for you both!! :thankyou:, so much for sharing this fantastic news with us; we all hope you have the most wonderful time together.

Arthur Little
9th November 2010, 22:56
Thank you for enlightening my mind. But I guess the problem with us are opposite with us. My boyfriend are from uk, and was planning to sponsor me in goingthere, the problem with us is that I don't have any source of income to be presented in the embassy,no bank account, nor land title hold or properties, and don'thave a job for now.It is really hard, to get a tourist visa for me.

Charlotte's story is, indeed an inspiration to us all! And it can be for you, too ... if you plan ahead in the way she and her b/f did. :iagree: tourists visas are difficult to come by without meticulous preparation beforehand, the funds to go along with it ... and - most of all - adequate proof that you, as the applicant, will return within the validity period permitted; the last factor being the main stumbling block for most applicants who are denied.

But, having said that, the chances will be improved considerably, if your boyfriend is able to clearly demonstrate that he can support you financially throughout your visit ... without becoming reliant on public funds.

:welcomex: to the filipino/uk forum, ask any related questions you wish and good luck, should you decide to proceed with an application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

MiamorRox
11th November 2010, 17:04
Thank you for the inspiration, anyway, probably we will, but too many
arises, such of the citizenship, since
my boyfriend nationality
is Italian. But he work
in UK for almost 10 years
now.Should it not be the hindrance for me to visit him, since
not a british citizen, he can covered all my expenses since
his job was one of the top job in UK..Thank you!!!:)

meesham
6th January 2011, 16:51
Hi charlotte,
My name is Kelly and at the moment i am in exactly the same situation that you wrote about!! I am travelling at the moment and met my boyfriend during my time in fiji.. He is also fijian.. and we are curently trying to figure out where to go from here. i have read the UK home office website over and over again, and the only way i can see for us to be together is to get married.. which i am in no way ready for!!! lol...
We are very much in love, and want to be together but neither of us can afford to make mistakes!
ANy help or advice you can give us would be most appreciated.

Many thanks Kelly and Epa

cristal1on1
16th February 2011, 10:09
I have the same situation like you. Have you got your visa now to visit your boyfriend?

charlotte
24th February 2011, 22:46
Hi Kelly

It may seem like marriage is the only way, but you have the chance for apply for the tourist visa - so go for it. I didn't think by bf would get approved, but he did within 4 days. We planned a lot for it, so much so that I think we did more than we needed to, but it payed off.

The main thing he will need to show is an intent to return; this can be in form of a job, savings, property, family - we even used my boyfriends commitment to a sports team he competes with as a reason.

He left yesterday, and we are getting married in August in Fiji. If you want to stay together in the UK and both work, the only way to do this is to basically get married. But if, like you say, you're not ready for that just yet - then apply for a tourist visa.. go for it. Just make sure you're really prepared, there is so much on the net to guide you.

Feel free to message me privately on here if you want to talk, i KNOW how difficult the situatiion is.

char x