PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox owners to buy Liverpool

Win2Win
6th October 2010, 07:30
Crisis-hit Liverpool are to be sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9064599.stm)

KeithD
6th October 2010, 08:44
Looks like a few months of legal battles :doh

tomboo
6th October 2010, 09:03
two yanks out, more coming in. Where is the middle east or asian money for the big teams?

KeithD
6th October 2010, 09:10
The only middle East consortium I'd trust is the one that runs Godolphin, and at least the Red Sox owner is in the sports business.

tomboo
6th October 2010, 09:23
The only middle East consortium I'd trust is the one that runs Godolphin, and at least the Red Sox owner is in the sports business.

I have to agree, Sheikh Mohammed and his guys run an amazing operation, but i think hes a little busy these days getting his country out of the financial trouble they are currently in

Dedworth
6th October 2010, 09:34
and at least the Red Sox owner is in the sports business.

I thought they all owned US teams of one sort or another Hicks, Glaziers, Lerner

KeithD
6th October 2010, 09:45
I thought they all owned US teams of one sort or another Hicks, Glaziers, Lerner
Hicks is in US sport, however everything sport-related Gillett has been involved in has gone AoverT :doh

Ah well.... maybe the new owners will bring Matt Damon and Ben Affleck along :rolleyes:

Dedworth
6th October 2010, 10:39
Hicks is in US sport, however everything sport-related Gillett has been involved in has gone AoverT :doh

Ah well.... maybe the new owners will bring Matt Damon and Ben Affleck along :rolleyes:

On the other hand they might bring a load of mortgaged, boarded up Shopping Malls in places like Hicksville Nebraska

KeithD
7th October 2010, 10:29
Ah well.... on the brightside.... it'll only be ManU in financial :action-smiley-081: :D

Pete/London
7th October 2010, 11:12
I would be cautious over the next US owners, its in their blood to asset strip, ask the cadbury workers:NoNo:

KeithD
7th October 2010, 12:28
You couldn't strip Liverpool down anymore :doh