PDA

View Full Version : Points loss could block Reds sale

Win2Win
10th October 2010, 04:24
Liverpool's proposed takeover by New England Sports Ventures could be jeopardised if the club is docked nine points by the Premier League, BBC Sport understands.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9077048.stm)

Dedworth
10th October 2010, 08:59
Liverpool takeover: nine-point deduction may scupper £300m deal

Liverpool’s proposed sale to NESV could break down because the American company fears the club will be placed in administration and suffer a nine-point penalty.

It has been reported that NESV is alarmed by the idea, having been given assurances that it was an extremely unlikely scenario when the company agreed a deal to buy the club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8053436/Liverpool-takeover-nine-point-deduction-may-scupper-300m-deal.html

KeithD
10th October 2010, 09:01
All rumours cos the papers have nothing better to do..... RBS will not be calling in the loan as they know they'll be getting paid when the deal goes through.

tomboo
10th October 2010, 09:05
i cant believe for one minute Rbs would jeopardise their money with liverpool, with 9 points less they would be potentially be serious relegation contendors and therefore reducing the value of the club further.. I sense a silver lining for the scousers. i hope so for the sake of british football

Dedworth
10th October 2010, 09:10
All rumours cos the papers have nothing better to do..... RBS will not be calling in the loan as they know they'll be getting paid when the deal goes through.

I guess it all depends on the RBS playing ball

KeithD
10th October 2010, 09:37
Well they can call in the loan and lose £Millions or they can delay and get the loan paid back in full.... what do you think? ;)

les_taxi
10th October 2010, 10:15
It's getting tedious Livepool/Man utd doomed etc etc,I watch a bit of entertainment to escape the football last night and what do i get?

Bloody x factor featuring pooftas and gay dressed dancers:omg:

I'm not homophobic but give us a break,even 2 blokes snogging on Emmerdale the other night:yikes:

Pete/London
10th October 2010, 10:45
It's getting tedious Livepool/Man utd doomed etc etc,I watch a bit of entertainment to escape the football last night and what do i get?

Bloody x factor featuring pooftas and gay dressed dancers:omg:

I'm not homophobic but give us a break,even 2 blokes snogging on Emmerdale the other night:yikes:

Strictly come dancing was a good watch Les, as they have to perform and do the dance, unlike xfactor where i`m never sure whether the voices have been manipulated.

Pamela Stephenson, who I never liked much, was shaking it about last night and looked pretty good, also the two from eastenders, but you have to put up with Brucie.

On the xfactor I thought the big irish lady who sang Mans World was the best of the night, and watching bitchy Cheryl keep having a dig at Danni. :D

Ah! my life`s getting boring:yikes: I think I`m gona look for a mistress :rolleyes:

stevewool
10th October 2010, 10:57
sad thing about crap factor is you have to watch it every day on catch up just incase the missis missed something, utter crap this time i think but who am i to say that,

les_taxi
10th October 2010, 11:08
It should be re-named the ego factor!

There were a couple of decent performances,but I cant stand danni she is so false and cashed in on her sisters fame.
IaKIltfDJXM&feature=related

She looked better here though before the plastic face surgury:icon_lol:

Dedworth
10th October 2010, 16:44
Well they can call in the loan and lose £Millions or they can delay and get the loan paid back in full.... what do you think? ;)

Depends if they will carry on waiting - the club is decreasing in value and there is a scarcity of buyers.

KeithD
10th October 2010, 16:51
:Erm: The sale is all ready agreed!

Dedworth
10th October 2010, 17:20
:Erm: The sale is all ready agreed!

I'd have thought nothing's agreed till the money changes hands and the sale goes through - bit like flogging a house the buyer can pull out at the last minute - got cold feet, finance fell through, was a timewaster etc etc. Anyhow Jackie Chan and the Hong Kong 7 are probably waiting in the wings if a "reduced for quick sale" sticker gets put on the club :xxsmilie_fussball: