PDA

View Full Version : i m confused about mat citizen ship

Inqueztive
15th October 2010, 03:35
hi....
i came to uk in 2004 on setelment visa.. from 2004 to 2010 i live in my bak home in 2006 to 2007 and after that i lived again 2008 to 2009 .. i got my ilr here my wife is british natational and i hav to kids here.. i want to knw that there is anyother way i can aply for britsih citizen ship
thanks

Terpe
15th October 2010, 07:29
:Hellooo: Hi Inqueztive, Welcome to the forum. :Wave:

If I understand your message correctly, you have had ILR for at least 3 years and been married to British National during that period.
Based on what you have said I assume that you did not leave UK for more than 2years at any one time (otherwise you may have been subject to a re-entry review right?)

First I suggest you read through this UKBA guide to Naturalisation:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/nationality/guide_an.pdf

You will need to demonstate a basic understanding of English language and pass the Life In UK test.

However from what you have said it may be that your absences from UK could become an issue to think about carefully.
In principle you should not have had more than 270 days absence during the past
3 years. Additionally no more than 90 days during the past 12 months.
There is some discretion to allow absences above these limits and you will need to review these against your actual absences and the reasons for them.

The application fee for naturalisation is £735

You need to attend a naturalisation ceremony locally.

There is no alternative process.
Hope this helps.