PDA

View Full Version : flr

cherrysorra
17th October 2010, 01:17
im filpina getting married to a uk citizen. after marriage how long before i can apply for FLR?

Terpe
17th October 2010, 07:35
im filpina getting married to a uk citizen. after marriage how long before i can apply for FLR?

With spouse visa you need 2 years.
Before ILR application you will need to pass Life In UK test.

alanp
17th October 2010, 07:48
you can apply as soon as you are married if you are coming over on a fiance visa

Terpe
17th October 2010, 08:12
you can apply as soon as you are married if you are coming over on a fiance visa

Yes, that's right. I had a senior moment, I was think ILR. :doh
Sorry Cherry.

Alan, Cherry is already in UK (from her previous posts)

stevewool
17th October 2010, 09:31
thats right straight away myself and emma are to be married this saturday 23rd, then we are going to sheffield on november 5th for our flr fingers crossed for both:icon_lol::icon_lol:

cherrysorra
17th October 2010, 23:08
my fututure hubby is on benefit once we get mariied i know i cant staight away get a job. and i know i can claim benefits too but how long does it take before i can apply for that benefits. coz i know im not qualified yet for those good jobs.

Arthur Little
18th October 2010, 01:41
my fututure hubby is on benefit once we get mariied i know i cant staight away get a job. and i know i can claim benefits too but how long does it take before i can apply for that benefits. coz i know im not qualified yet for those good jobs.

:cwm12: ... well ... strictly speaking you can apply for *FLR straightaway as soon as you're actually married. Indeed, you must apply for *it within 6 months of the ceremony - since you are already in the UK ... and, presumably, hold a Fiancee Visa. But as you aren't allowed to work until after the wedding has taken place, it would be in both your interests if your partner were to obtain paid employment before that time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bear in mind, too ... that - even then - YOU, yourself, are NOT entitled to claim benefits of ANY kind :nono-1-1: without first becoming a [I]naturalised British Citizen ... which requires a minimum stay of 3 years in the UK prior to eligibility.

joebloggs
18th October 2010, 10:55
you can't work til you have FLR in your passport, and you can't claim benefits in your own name until your free from 'no recourse to public funds' ie when you have at least ILR.

stevewool
18th October 2010, 15:30
just a thought there this flr in your passport , we are going nov 5th for ours the premier one if it is granted will it be in the passport straight away

Arthur Little
18th October 2010, 15:42
just a thought there this flr in your passport , we are going nov 5th for ours the premier one if it is granted will it be in the passport straight away

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... should be, I imagine, Steve.

stevewool
18th October 2010, 17:02
that would be great then arthur

Terpe
18th October 2010, 17:17
Steve, I don't think things have changed, but when Carina did her FLR and ILR at Croydon, after going through the application both times they told us to come back after a couple of hours to collect the fully completed and documented passport.

stevewool
18th October 2010, 19:30
i throught it could be like that but you never know, i am trying to get interviews for emma once she gets the flr:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, have to get her out that kitchen my waist is expanding fast:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

pijah
20th October 2010, 22:09
hello i just got married last oct 16 and im planning of applying for my FLR its just i dont see any list of documents wriiten on the home office site like the checklist i got before for my fiance' visa can anyone give me any idea of what documents to pass? and which is better way to do it by post or by the premier one day process? thanks

Bluebirdjones
25th October 2010, 15:46

Steve,
Just an update ..... Emma will not get an update in her passport.
The system has now been changed to the ID card.... which she'll have to carry
with her whenever she exits the UK (as they'll demand to see it on her return).

(but u can apply for your National Insurance number without it ... the letter confirming
FLR is sufficent for that purpose).

Arthur Little
25th October 2010, 18:54
Steve,
Just an update ..... Emma will not get an update in her passport.
The system has now been changed to the ID card.... which she'll have to carry
with her whenever she exits the UK (as they'll demand to see it on her return).

So ... does this ...:Erm: ... "new system" :rolleyes: apply to ILR too?

cherrysorra
25th October 2010, 20:24
im confused i know i can apply flr after married can i apply ilr same time?

stevewool
25th October 2010, 20:34
no that is after 2 years after the flr

cherrysorra
25th October 2010, 20:44
oh thank u, and i can get any jobs?

stevewool
25th October 2010, 20:49
after the flr and once you have a insurance number you could start work or apply for work yes

cherrysorra
25th October 2010, 20:55
when is the best time to get that flr and insurance number?
:)

joebloggs
25th October 2010, 21:47
when is the best time to get that flr and insurance number?
:)

what visa are you applying for ?

but if your getting married in the uk, as soon as your married and have FLR :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
27th October 2010, 08:22
So ... does this ...:Erm: ... "new system" :rolleyes: apply to ILR too?

Arthur, that I don't know.
Would be interesting to hear from people who've just received their ILR....
was it an entry in the passport or an ID card ?

.... however, the ID cards were only introduced about 12mnths ago,
so I'd think that those who got one (when applying for the FLR) have not
yet hit the date on applying for their ILR.

Time will tell, eh ?

Arthur Little
27th October 2010, 12:46
Arthur, that I don't know.
Would be interesting to hear from people who've just received their ILR....
was it an entry in the passport or an ID card ?

.... however, the ID cards were only introduced about 12mnths ago,
so I'd think that those who got one (when applying for the FLR) have not
yet hit the date on applying for their ILR.

Time will tell, eh ?

Indeed, time will tell, Marc ... Myrna will be eligible to apply for ILR come February. :68711_thanx: