PDA

View Full Version : tv programs

stevewool
17th October 2010, 10:34
hi there friends, this x factor lark, to me its not even entertaining but each to there own, the show is more about the judges then the artists, and this spoils the show, it could be may age or seeing the same show every day being repeated, now strickly dancing wow what a show, this makes me want to get up and dance ,so graceful they look and so funny too when they want to be, a great show and i will be taking emma to blackpool soon to see the lights and the ballroom might stay the night too, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jamesey
17th October 2010, 13:55
Hmmm, maybe I'm turning into a boring, miserable old git, but Saturday night TV is generally rubbish! Pop Idol, X-Factor, Strictly Dancing, Britain's Got Talent, etc.... all cr@p! :action-smiley-081: I really can't work out why those programs are so popular. :Erm:

The best thing on Saturday Night is Match Of The Day! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th October 2010, 18:03
thats killed this thread football :yikes::yikes:

mickcant
17th October 2010, 18:30
Hmmm, maybe I'm turning into a boring, miserable old git, but Saturday night TV is generally rubbish! Pop Idol, X-Factor, Strictly Dancing, Britain's Got Talent, etc.... all cr@p! :action-smiley-081: I really can't work out why those programs are so popular. :Erm:

The best thing on Saturday Night is Match Of The Day! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi, totally agree about the crap Saturday night shows, dont watch any of them, and as I am not into sport, its pre recorded p[rogramme I do like, good war films, Grand Design ect:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

stevewool
17th October 2010, 18:59
cant beat grand designs all off them

jimeve
17th October 2010, 19:03
I prefer homes under the hammer.

Terpe
17th October 2010, 19:11
Me , I prefer a good documentary. Like 'A Idoit Abroad' :D
Yesterday I watched four hours of 'How The Universe Works' on sky but missed how Saturn was made, well nearly, coz I fell asleep :doh

stevewool
17th October 2010, 19:23
was watching star trek yesterday wow

jimeve
17th October 2010, 19:27
Me , I prefer a good documentary. Like 'A Idoit Abroad' :D
Yesterday I watched four hours of 'How The Universe Works' on sky but missed how Saturn was made, well nearly, coz I fell asleep :doh

Saturn, that one with rings,or is that Uranus. :Erm: :icon_lol:

stevewool
17th October 2010, 19:30
neither its a rocket aint it:doh:doh

Terpe
17th October 2010, 19:35

I think I saw Uranus last night!!!!!:D:D

Steve.r
17th October 2010, 20:43
I have just been watching the Inbetweeners on 4oD on tinternet. Give it a watch if you've never seen it, it cracks me up.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-inbetweeners/4od#3123907

KeithD
17th October 2010, 22:47

Actually, they both have rings.

Arthur Little
17th October 2010, 23:47

:Erm: ... you're not alone! :NoNo: Back in the 1960s, the evening began at 6.30ish with 'Dixon of Dock Green' ... followed by some Variety Show or other - featuring artistes of real talent! Next, it was time for a good ol' fashioned Western - like 'Wagon Train' - starring [among others] the late, great Hoagy Carmichael :olddude: (who [then] must've been somewhere around the age I am, now!)

And, to round-off Saturday nights' entertainment, there was usually a half-decent film ... often a thriller ... all programmes, of course, being in black & white in those days!! :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
18th October 2010, 00:03
... is that Uranus. :Erm: :icon_lol:

Eh? ... well ... I can assure you ... it ain't my anus, :action-smiley-081: Jim!

Arthur Little
18th October 2010, 00:11
I think I saw Uranus last night!!!!!:D:D

:cwm24: ... naughty!

Arthur Little
18th October 2010, 00:27

:xxsmilie_fussball:?:football21:?:football3:? Pah ... that's a lotta balls!!!

grahamw48
18th October 2010, 00:38
I like X-Factor.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/18/getmecoat8692890.gif

Dedworth
18th October 2010, 14:52
Appalling tripe like X Factor, Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity etc are synonymous with dumbed down broken Britain. There is something sad about untold muppets phoning up to "vote" on premium rate numbers, it is no wonder ghastly Simon Cowell is laughing all the way to the bank.

Arthur Little
18th October 2010, 15:12
Appalling tripe like X Factor, Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity etc are synonymous with dumbed down broken Britain. There is something sad about untold muppets phoning up to "vote" on premium rate numbers, it is no wonder ghastly Simon Cowell is laughing all the way to the bank.

:gp: ...:iagree:!!!

mickcant
18th October 2010, 15:23
:gp: ...:iagree:!!!
Same here waste of a phone call:crazy:
Mi:xxgrinning--00xx3:ck.

Arthur Little
18th October 2010, 15:50
Same here waste of a phone call:crazy:
Mi:xxgrinning--00xx3:ck.

Yup ... I reckon that's how the producers of those inane shows make their money! :doh

Dedworth
18th October 2010, 19:31
The slimeball X Factor judges are falling out with each other - pass the sickbag

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/205991/-X-Factor-judges-go-to-war

stevewool
18th October 2010, 19:34
thats the whole point they are bigger then the contestants, and dont they know it,who can remember that program about moving abroad and living there, the one about the builder who brought a place in france with the fish lake, what a great program, and who watched the secrete millionair lastnight

jimeve
18th October 2010, 19:36
neither its a rocket aint it:doh:doh

Saturn's a rocket :Erm:

stevewool
18th October 2010, 19:52
well saturn v is a rocket :rolleyes:

jimeve
18th October 2010, 20:02
well saturn v is a rocket :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
Me , I prefer a good documentary. Like 'A Idoit Abroad'
Yesterday I watched four hours of 'How The Universe Works' on sky but missed how Saturn was made, well nearly, coz I fell asleep

Youv lost me :Erm: saturn was made :Erm: thought god made these :icon_lol:

Lancashirelad
18th October 2010, 20:03
I have just been watching the Inbetweeners on 4oD on tinternet. Give it a watch if you've never seen it, it cracks me up.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-inbetweeners/4od#3123907

I love the Inbetweeners, funniest thing i seen on TV for ages :laugher:, it reminds me of how me and my friends were at that age!
Im sure lots of people wont like the bad language and adolescent adolescent humour though.

SteveL
19th October 2010, 01:02
I gave up on terestrial tv over a year ago as well as sky. I was paying sixty squid a month and everything i was watching was available within an hour on all the more reputable download sites such as Demonoid or Piratebay. You can download UK tv as well as lots of pinoy films and the latest movies including blu ray releases foc before they're available to buy in the shops let alone rent or be seen on tv. And whats more, because i dont have any ability of watching or recording tv as it's broadcast, i now dont need to pay for a tv licence - 150 spondulix in me back pocket

And as an added bonus, you can get digital copies of FHM Philippines, Maxim Philippines and Playboy Philippines (not that i download the last one you understand)

fred
19th October 2010, 01:40
it is no wonder ghastly Simon Cowell is laughing all the way to the bank. Yes but its not just the Brits that pick up the phone..Those damned yanks will probably make the **** a billionaire! Not to mention that other nasty..Piers Morgan.
The kids were watching a Brit show here on satellite channel .. A dance show competition with Davina mcall...Here we go again!
When did that come out in the uk?

JimOttley
19th October 2010, 04:12
Gravity "made" Saturn out of the stuff that condensed to form the solar system, same as the rest of the planets, the recipe for any one planet is determined by its distance from the sun as different materials condense out at different distances from the star at the centre of any new solar system.

JimOttley
19th October 2010, 04:16
Well Sky has plenty of good channels, I like Sci-fi but I also like documentaries so I watch a lot of Nat Geo and Discovery channel stuff.

Fx on 164 an 165 is good for NCIS and reruns of Babylon 5 at the moment.

But yes I agree most of it is inane these days.

KeithD
19th October 2010, 09:45
I pay about £140 a year to watch about 10 hrs on BBC :Erm:

Dedworth
19th October 2010, 11:30
I gave up on terestrial tv over a year ago as well as sky. I was paying sixty squid a month and everything i was watching was available within an hour on all the more reputable download sites such as Demonoid or Piratebay. You can download UK tv as well as lots of pinoy films and the latest movies including blu ray releases foc before they're available to buy in the shops let alone rent or be seen on tv. And whats more, because i dont have any ability of watching or recording tv as it's broadcast, i now dont need to pay for a tv licence - 150 spondulix in me back pocket

And as an added bonus, you can get digital copies of FHM Philippines, Maxim Philippines and Playboy Philippines (not that i download the last one you understand)

I thought Pirate Bay had to re-jig their operation after a court case. I'll have a look and also at this Demonoid outfit

KeithD
19th October 2010, 14:21
The court case is still going through appeals.

Don't use torrents, newsgroups or things like Rapishare.... although I tend to buy 2nd hand games off Ebay.

jimeve
19th October 2010, 15:45
i always go out on Saturday nite, so don't miss any rubbish TV. :D

SteveL
19th October 2010, 16:49
I thought Pirate Bay had to re-jig their operation after a court case. I'll have a look and also at this Demonoid outfit

There's always a court case going on somewhere because Hollywood or Sony are trying to close them down. As of now, it's hasnt happened so make hay whilst the sun shines. If anyone decides to start downloading , you need to download and install a downloading programme first, i recommend utorrent as it allows you to select part of a download instead of having to download everything inside a torrent, vey useful for books or comics which are oft bundled together with numerous other recent releases. Just google utorrent, its completely free.

For those who argue it's stealing there are many intellectual counter arguements based on logic , idealism and pragmatism. Personally, i prefer to reply with :censored: you !!:D

They have everything, movies, blu ray movies, tv shows, high definition tv shows, books, magazines, computer games, console games and lots of movies about :do_it:

Demonoid especially has lots of filipino stuff on it, i've just searched pinoy and it came up with 190 hits, mostly movies. Right now, registration is closed but if anyone wants to join, pm me and i will send u an invite code cos im a really really nice chappie hehehe

Also, www.ebook3000.com has lots of magazines from around the world including Philippines.

stevewool
19th October 2010, 17:03
that woman davina macbignosecall, have you notice how she trys to hide her conk in the hair adverts , imposible :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

JimOttley
19th October 2010, 18:11
For those who argue it's stealing there are many intellectual counter arguements based on logic , idealism and pragmatism. Personally, i prefer to reply with :censored: you !!:D

They have everything, movies, blu ray movies, tv shows, high definition tv shows, books, magazines, computer games, console games and lots of movies about :do_it:

Personally as a writer of computer programs and as a photographer I am not keen on copyright violations, I have used dodgy versions of computer program's in the past to try them out but if I continued to use them I invariably paid for them.

If someone works their ass off trying to build something useful they deserve to get some consideration for their efforts.

Many software products and tools are sold really really cheap and when I see these getting cracked and ripped off I get angry, the guys are selling it that cheap because they are trying to be fair in the first place, I mean the stuff that sells for as little as 10 or 15 dollars a pop.

I've never been very interested in torrents.

(P.S. cute, the English version of ass gets filtered :) I would not have imagined it to be a very bad word Boss :))

joebloggs
19th October 2010, 18:24
i don't see what's the problem if i download yanky tv programs b4 they are shown here in the UK (like csi, smallville etc) i'm not going to buy them - who does? and they will be shown in the uk anyway.. :doh

and if they say the advertiser is losing out, i try not to watch ads, even if i do i try and avoid their products anyway :doh

but downloading films or games/ programs that is naughty, but many, if not most are :censored: anyway..

torrents will get you in trouble :NoNo:, easily traced and you'll be done for distributing copyrighted programs.

while rapid share/news groups only the person who upped it could be done for distributing it.

and they try and workout how many people downloaded it from you and your fine will increase accordingly :cwm24: