PDA

View Full Version : Interview advise

rusty1234
17th October 2010, 19:06
I have a fiancee in the the Philippines, she is 30, i am 63, does anyone have experience if this age difference is a problem in the interview in getting a visa?
Also any advice on the interview would be helpful. we are in relationship for over a year and i hv visited twice. I live in the UK
thank you

joebloggs
17th October 2010, 19:17
use the search function and you'll find a lot of information :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/14606

Applicants/Sponsors with a large difference in ages The rules do not state that the applicant and sponsor must be within a certain age differential, but if there is a disproportionate age difference (for example, more than 25 - 30 years), additional care needs to be taken.

stevewool
17th October 2010, 19:22
hi rusty a big age gap but like many its just a number , you have been there twice as you say , so that must mean something, not to sure on what visa you are wanting just yet fiancee or are you planning to marry there

Terpe
17th October 2010, 19:42
rusty1234, As long as you can provide 'sufficient' evidence that your relationship is/has been genuine and 'durable' you should be OK. If you have only only met in person once or twice you may well need a stonger case. The 'officals' only need to be satisfied that the relationship is genuine. Age gap is not a reason in itself to be refused.