PDA

View Full Version : uk settlement visa help!dessss

belle29
19th October 2010, 16:00
hi to all i am going back to philippines on november 11 2010 to apply for settlement visa. im married to british citizen for 5 years now but we been together for 8 years on december. we have 3 children they all have a dual passport, we get married in the philippines oct 12 2004. our relationship started in february 15 2003, since then we been leaving together in philippines, My 2 children just started school here in england last september 2,2010.

to come here in uk i used my 5 years multiple visa 6 months duration to stay, the uk immigration say that i have to go back in the philippines to apply for settlement which is i understand. The thing is for me as a mother it will be very hard for me to leave my husband and 2 children in the uk just to do this thing. i will be bringing my 3rd child with me in the philippines his only 11 months old. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you think my application for settlement visa will be granted as soon as possible like a week or 2 maybe?

I have to go back in the uk asap cos it will be hard for my husband to look after the 2 boys and he has to work from 8 am to 6 pm.
nobody will be able to bring them in the school everyday and bring them home

hope anyone can give me your opinion will be appriciate thanks

joebloggs
19th October 2010, 17:47
you've asked this b4 :doh
, why dont you click on your name and find the posts by you and read the replies :D

belle29
19th October 2010, 18:06
ok thanks i dont know how to post before he he

joebloggs
19th October 2010, 18:08
have you spent 6 months in the uk every year ?
why didn't you apply for a spouse visa years ago ??
your lucky you got in the uk on a visit visa if your married to a Brit :D

joebloggs
19th October 2010, 18:11
you've been living with your husband in the phils since oct 2004 until sept 2010 ??

belle29
19th October 2010, 18:21
yes we been leaving there most of the year. well we stayed in romania for 8 months year 2007 and when were planning to go back to philippines again i got my residence card in romania expired 2013. well anyway we still went back in the philippines and this year we come to the uk may 12 and im leaving soon on november 10 as stay 6 month then.

belle29
19th October 2010, 18:25
i didnt apply for settlement before because my hubby working in the philippines at that time then thing went wrong and we decided to go in england to stay for 6 months see if we can settled and see if our children will like to live there and go to school and so they do like it to be in the uk. so everything is settled now with my hubby having a job 8 weeks ago and my children been going to the school since septemberr 2, and all we need now is to change my status for settlement visa.

joebloggs
19th October 2010, 18:29
:Erm: you have a residence card for Romania ?
didn't you show immigration in the UK your residence card when you entered the uk ?

belle29
19th October 2010, 18:33
no! they just want to know if i have a visa to come in the uk. by the way the last time i apply for tourist visa for uk is 2007 before we did'nt know that we will go in romania on that same year

belle29
19th October 2010, 18:39
well when apply for settlement this time i will show them my residence card from romania and also the application form that we use to get that. i will send everything that i ve got to the uk embassy application center

joebloggs
19th October 2010, 18:40
has your husband a well paid job ? does he claim tax creds for his kids ??

belle29
19th October 2010, 18:52
no my hubby doesnt have a great job at the moment. his only earning 800 pound a month working as a service reception manager. the only public fund that we receive is the child benefits. i believe that because my hubby been in philippines for long time and not working in the uk for the last 10 years it will be harder fOr him to get a descent job and so he took this job for a while so we can have some money Coming in at least and that we are not keep using our saving

joebloggs
19th October 2010, 19:01
the reason i ask is he will probably be able to get free legal advice from your local law centre, get him to phone his local law centre tomorrow, they should have an immigration solicitor, and from what you've said it could cost you nothing..

http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/lawcentres/detail/find/

and get him to give these people a call

http://www.iasuk.org/home.aspx

they can advise you better than anyone on here, because they might advise you not to leave the UK and go back to the phils, because

1) you have a residency card for Romania
2) they might advise you to not leave and apply for FLR(m)

so get him to phone tomorrow :xxgrinning--00xx3: