PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

Englishman2010
20th October 2010, 19:06
Evening all, in case you are wondering why I went AWOL for a few weeks, I've been busy redecorating the whole house and haven't had time to surf (other than Facebook:Erm:). I'm taking a breather for a few weeks before I continue with my living room, kitchen and utility room/laundry, so hope to catch up with the comings and goings on Fil-UK

Steve.r
20th October 2010, 19:08
Welcome back Ian nice to see you again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
20th October 2010, 19:09
welcome back :Wave:

KeithD
20th October 2010, 19:18
Only 56,763 unread posts :laugher:

Englishman2010
20th October 2010, 19:18
Thanks chaps, I feel a bit guilty for abandoning you:D

Englishman2010
20th October 2010, 19:19
Only 56,763 unread posts :laugher:

I'll read them all in the next 10 minutes :D

rani
20th October 2010, 20:23
ian did a great job!!! are you changing career ian???? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
20th October 2010, 21:07
ian did a great job!!! are you changing career ian???? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

haha, nope :) I do enjoy decorating but it is a hobby not a profession. I do this every 3 or 4 years, I get an idea to decorate a couple of rooms and end up doing the whole house over a 2 month period, but then I need a 3 year gap to recover :D Hope you like the pics on FB

Terpe
21st October 2010, 08:16
haha, nope :) I do enjoy decorating but it is a hobby not a profession. ...

I also enjoy decorating.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I find it quite relaxing (usually). Just finished the kitchen, during which I found both inch and metric pipework.:doh Additionally, the builder who lived there previously had made some very 'strange' modifications. Always seem to discover these just before the local shops will close.:bigcry:

The only thing I do not enjoy doing is painting.:NoNo:
Fortunately, Carina enjoys painting.:xxgrinning--00xx3: Not too bad a job either.
Nice teamwork.

sars_notd_virus
21st October 2010, 10:37
Welcome back Ian!!!

purple
21st October 2010, 16:08
Wow Ian.. I did not know you went AWOL here... I always see you in FB. You were talking about coming back to Phils. I'm not sure if you heard of Hash House Harriers. It is everywhere in the world started by Brits in KL before WWII. It is a nice way to see the other sides of the world, city by running with these people. They claim to have a beer/running problem. Been a member with it since 1997 here in Cebu since my stepfather, a Brit too introduced it to us. He is known Wildman and known in middleast and some parts of asia. But we are not active in Cebu. But there are places in Phils and other parts of the world.

stevewool
21st October 2010, 18:08
hi there ian so you have mentioned all this decorating and thats the reason you have been awol , well i think there is something else keeping you busy too, :) and she is beautifull just like my emma:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

Englishman2010
21st October 2010, 18:57
Thanks Steve, yes she is and so is your Emma :) Good luck for Saturday, I'm sure you will both have a fantastic day. make sure you post the pics on FB.

yes Purple, I did go AWOL :D I only just found enough time to keep my FB status updated. I've not heard of the Hash House Harriers, my experience would lead me to think it sounds like a Coffeeshop in Amsterdam :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And Terpe, yeah I agree, decorating is a nice way to relax and forget about the stresses of day to day life and work