PDA

View Full Version : Filipino store in Surrey

ann_pinoy
21st October 2010, 21:24
hi everyone! I just arrived in england 2 weeks ago and Im staying in epsom, surrey. Does anyone here know if there is any Filipino store here? im missing Pinoy foods badly. I dont have any friends here yet so I have nobody to ask huhu Thanks!

Terpe
21st October 2010, 21:45
:Hellooo: Hi ann_pinoy, Welcome to the forum. :Wave:
Have no idea about Filipino store near Epsom. Sorry.:doh
I'm sure someone here can tell you.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
21st October 2010, 21:48
A search of the forum shows the following store

MABUHAY SARI SARI
27 WATERLOO ROAD
EPSOM
SURREY
KT19 8EX

01372 740 007

not sure if its still there but worth a look :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Baliw99
21st October 2010, 21:49
I have just done a quick search on google for you, there was a previous post on here about a Filipino store in Epsom, Surrey. Not sure if it is near to you though.

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/showthread.php/12667-Filipino-store-Epsom-Surrey?p=102305

ann_pinoy
22nd October 2010, 09:17
Thanks for the reply. I'll surely visit that store. Hopefully its still there. :) I miss Filipino foods. :):hubbahubba:

KeithD
22nd October 2010, 09:23
You can always look at online stores like http://www.wingyipstore.co.uk/goshopping.php

Terpe
22nd October 2010, 09:26
You can always look at online stores like http://www.wingyipstore.co.uk/goshopping.php

I love Wingyip in Cricklewood.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
They also have a really great restaurant (Dim Sum)

KeithD
22nd October 2010, 09:47
Last time I was in Cricklewood .... in the 70's :omg: .... it was a dump :cwm24:

Terpe
22nd October 2010, 10:28
Last time I was in Cricklewood .... in the 70's :omg: .... it was a dump :cwm24:

Keith, yeah maybe Cricklewood, :NoNo:
but Wingyip is great. The whole site has been extended and rebuilt. Even underground free parking. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Its hugh.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Loads of stock.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
22nd October 2010, 11:16
hi everyone! I just arrived in england 2 weeks ago and Im staying in epsom, surrey. Does anyone here know if there is any Filipino store here? im missing Pinoy foods badly. I dont have any friends here yet so I have nobody to ask huhu Thanks!

To the west of you is

Grey Oriental Foods
1a Corrie Road
Addlestone
Surrey
KT15 2HT

and to the East

Wing Yip
544 Purley Way
Croydon CR0 4NZ

While your in Croydon you can get a Hot Dog and furniture up the road in Ikea

Bluebirdjones
22nd October 2010, 13:38
There's also a Filipino grocery store in central Croydon (between Katharine Street & Park Street, in the covered shopping area).
Limited range, but OK

There's also a Chinese grocer now in Surrey Street market.

Additionally, there's a reasonable Filipino restaurant not too far from you, in Tooting
Does a good priced buffet (all u can eat etc etc) and the obligatory Magic Sing
Kusinang Munti
913 Garratt Lane
Tooting, SW17 0LT

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

nigel
22nd October 2010, 16:30
Hi Ann, I'm in nearby Chessington with my Filipina wifey...although she is visiting Philippines right now..

Somebody already mentioned Mabuhays the Filipino store in Epsom, You'll like Wing Yip in Croydon if you can get there...My wifey loves the fish they have on sale they're...um, you might get a bit shocked at the prices!:yikes:

South-east boy
13th January 2011, 14:48
Hi Ann! Have you any friends or family therein Epsom yet? A friend of mine has cousins there who she visits regularly.

Dedworth
13th January 2011, 16:35
Hi Ann! Have you any friends or family therein Epsom yet? A friend of mine has cousins there who she visits regularly.

Welcome back SEB long time no post ! I think the last time was when you were doing a "shall I" or "shan't I" about going to the Barrio Fiesta and you went to it in the end. Hope all's going well and you've not had anymore car probs.