PDA

View Full Version : Happliy Married now, Need advice on Condos in Makati

tomboo
24th October 2010, 01:39
Hi girls and guys :Hellooo:, Our wedding went well last week and now back to work in saudi (some wedding pics on my profile)

Now for the big decision, to stay in saudi or accept transfer to Phils.

Really hoping fellow members can help with advice on condos in the Makati area, My budget will be about 40-70k per month for long term lease. Has anyone stayed anywhere they would reccommend on their travels to Manila?

Cheers

Tom

RickyR
24th October 2010, 09:15
Hey Tom, CONGRATULATIONS. welcome back to Riyadh.
Firstly about Makati, I think you'll be quite dissapointed with what you'll get for that kind of budget there, as its quite expensive. Is there any reason that your wanting to live that centrally. If you choose someone further out on the LRT like Marikina, you'll get a lot more for a lot less. And if your want to live well, why not look further out like in Laguna or Tagaytay, where the rich Filipino's have holiday their weekend homes.

tomboo
24th October 2010, 09:24
Hey Tom, CONGRATULATIONS. welcome back to Riyadh.
Firstly about Makati, I think you'll be quite dissapointed with what you'll get for that kind of budget there, as its quite expensive. Is there any reason that your wanting to live that centrally. If you choose someone further out on the LRT like Marikina, you'll get a lot more for a lot less. And if your want to live well, why not look further out like in Laguna or Tagaytay, where the rich Filipino's have holiday their weekend homes.

Thanks Ricky. I have looked at some in Makati and your right, I could spend more but looking at building a place in Baguio too. The reason for Makati is i will be working there, But will see if i can find any site online in Marikina, Tagatay is just too far to commute, im lazy and used to travelling 2 mins to work :)

RickyR
24th October 2010, 09:37
I'm not sure whether you've delved into the real estate rental market in the Philippines much, but you'll find that whatever prices you see on the websites can be neogiated into something else. If you see them asking for ridiculous deposits, that can also be changed, particularly as a Westerner.
Have a look at Google Maps, and have a look through the LRT/MRT lines into Makati, because as long as you live near one of those stations, you can rocket into Makati in 10-20 minutes from almost anywhere in Manila.

We lived in a nice place in Marikina for a while, and thats clean and tidy area, fairly modern and with everything you need in walking distance.

I would suggest that you definately have a holiday over in Manila to purely check out the places you want to see, and make sure your happy with the places you find.

As far as driving goes in Manila, it's not that difficult and after a few weeks you'll find it easy. But if you commute in and out of Makati, it will take you several hours in the morning and night. The locals tend to get up at 4 or 5am and commute in, and are home around 8 or 9. The other thing when owning a car is that you'll have a colour code on your car which means on one particular day per week your not allowed to drive.

nigel
24th October 2010, 10:06
Why lease when you can buy?:Erm:

tomboo
24th October 2010, 10:34
thanks again Ricky, my times in manila have been limited to Makati, so will take your advice, let me know the consultancy charges

rani
24th October 2010, 11:34
you may also want to consider ortigas.. can be reached via mrt and malls are within reach... in valle verde 6, you can rent a townhouse for 45k a month - first class village :xxgrinning--00xx3:

where in makati are you moving in??? i asked my friend and he said that you can get a furnished one bedroom condo in the fort area for 40-60k a month.. :)

tomboo
24th October 2010, 15:51
thanks nigel and rani....im not sure where right now, have 5 weeks to decide, but working opposite peninsula.... im having a look at val verde now, i wont buy in manila as im about to build a place in baguio hence trying to keep to a reasonable budget in manila. all fun though

RickyR
24th October 2010, 16:11
And congratulations on escaping the Sand Pit!

junior02
24th October 2010, 16:12
Cubao is 1 of the cheaper places to rent in manila, but with 1 downside the heavy traffic..

RickyR
24th October 2010, 16:15
There are some new developments going up in Cubao near to the LRT, and we very nearly bought a condo in one, very impressed with it and yes good prices.

rani
24th October 2010, 16:16
i think there's an available townhouse beside the condo where i am staying here in valle.. let me know if you're interested so i can ask the owner to get in touch with you :)

junior02
24th October 2010, 16:22
1 tip that many members know, get your wife to contact and haggle about the price of condo, dont contact them yourself..

bher
24th October 2010, 16:26
congratulations tombo:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Terpe
25th October 2010, 07:28
1 tip that many members know, get your wife to contact and haggle about the price of condo, dont contact them yourself..

Sound advice. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
25th October 2010, 11:53
:Erm: ... do you really need 'em?

tomboo
25th October 2010, 12:00
:Erm: ... do you really need 'em?

:yikes::icon_lol: i really do, i cant get one to fit over my head, i thought i found one but it wouldnt allow me to breathe ;)

tomboo
7th November 2010, 21:03
well back in the cold of the north east for a week now. currently looking for a flight to manila next monday to start my new life living there. will be working near mall of asia now so any advice on places to live near there would be greatly appreciated

sars_notd_virus
7th November 2010, 22:05
will be working near mall of asia now so any advice on places to live near there would be greatly appreciated

try this :
http://www.philippinelisting.com/PASAY_CITY_-_MALL_OF_ASIA/page_2095594.html

RickyR
8th November 2010, 17:15
www.sulit.com.ph is a good website for having a look around. Once you arrive, take a bit of time on Google Earth, check out the MRT routes, work out where you want to be, visit the area and decide whether you want to live there.
I'm biased because I like Marikina, and think, within Manila its one of the better places to be. You need to get familiar with the subdivisions and major apartment blocks, and then you can decide better where you are looking and how much you should be paying.

fred
8th November 2010, 17:26
well back in the cold of the north east for a week now. currently looking for a flight to manila next monday to start my new life living there. will be working near mall of asia now so any advice on places to live near there would be greatly appreciated

The Heritage??:icon_lol:
We have some units but they are 20 minutes away and we may well be fully booked..
I cant understand why Mall of Asia didn't build any next door??
(not been there for 2 years so maybe they have?)

rani
8th November 2010, 17:27
anyone wants to rent a house in marikina.. please let me know :)

Terpe
8th November 2010, 17:30
.... I'm biased because I like Marikina, and think, within Manila its one of the better places to be........

When we first bought our house in Marikina there was almost nothing there. Now
There is sooo much. Including SM Marikina mall. Our house is just within 10-15 mins
walk of SM.
There seems to be a lot of new condos around the area.