PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to amend it all?

scottishbride
26th October 2010, 21:58
Hello fellow members and moderators!

Just a quick question? Just want to confirm, if it's really mandatory to change my maiden name to married name? I just recently amend my passport and am thinking weather I need to amend everything including.. Drivers licence, bank statement, utility bills etc. Is there any conflicts if I apply ILR when my documents showing my single name and my passport is married name.I will really appreciate if anyone response to my post. Thank you.

Terpe
27th October 2010, 09:05
In practice, you can just keep using your maiden name if you wish, or you can use your married name. Your marriage certificate and birth certificate are usually
all the cross reference evidence you need.
It need not really be a problem.

People use lots of different names at different times in their lives.
However problems can happen when your name is not consistent with important documents especially those commonly used as ID.
Organisations are asking more and more for ID and the least amount of confusion the better.
A 'Mix & Match' approach will inevitably become a headache.

scottishbride
27th October 2010, 15:55
Thank you so much Terpe for replying to my post, so kind of you.. Well, I am starting to change it all. I have just mailed my old and new passports to DVLA today.. hope it will not be missing in the post.. Waa... I wish I used my married name before so no need to send all my important documents. i guess it's too late to regret. :icon_lol::doh

Terpe
27th October 2010, 17:07
scottishbride,
You are very welcome.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Are DVLA asking a passport for name change now??
I have no idea how long they will take, but used to ages.:doh
Hope they have changed.:)

scottishbride
27th October 2010, 22:50
Yes, they even ask a letter and Original Marriage certificate! I called them to inquire and they said I need to send all that! I thought it will be easy to amend everything here. :doh Ooops.. they said it will take 3 weeks to process.. :doh:doh