PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy grant

bbmick
28th October 2010, 09:03
hello I have an appointment for interview at job centre for my pregnancy grant and they told me to bring some documents like valid ID card which i dont have and i only have passport.
They also asked to bring home office documents which i am confuse what is it lol and i asked my husband he just said he dont know as well. And last they asked for residence document or card which i dont have and dont know what as well.

To those who had the interview already at job centre for there pregnancy grant what requirements did you bring? Can anyone please enlighten me. My husband just said i will just cancell my appointment but if i could claim a grant then why not it will really help me buy nappies.

sars_notd_virus
28th October 2010, 09:30
hello bbmick welcome here!!

what type of visa u have right now??
one of our respected member here (menchkin) have been recently granted an ilr and which she also claim a pregnancy health grant
anyway,joebloggs can answer more about ur queries..goodluck to u and ur baby!!!

joebloggs
28th October 2010, 10:51
as sars has already posted, what type of visa do you have ?

interview at the job centre for the health in preg grant :Erm:, are you sure the interview is not for a national insurance number ?

bbmick
28th October 2010, 10:51
My visa is spousal visa and i arrived here october last year. Just wondering if i dont have some of this documents will they still give me a grant. Or does anyone here had an interview for their national insurance number for pregnancy grant that didnt able to bring all the documents they asked. Thank you for your reply.

bbmick
28th October 2010, 10:55
yes your right mr joe its for national insurance number lol. My question is will they still process my application if i cant bring all of the documents they asked. coz i dont have valid id. I only have passport and dont have residence document or card as well

joebloggs
28th October 2010, 11:00
i think your passport is good enough for id, is your husband going with you?, take his passport, marriage cert, etc..

Terpe
28th October 2010, 12:39
bbmick,
Just to add that if they want Home Office documents, better to take any letters you have received from there.
Don't be worried about the NI interview.

Arthur Little
28th October 2010, 14:32
Don't be worried about the *NI interview.

:iagree: Goodluck ... *it's just a formality; please let us know how you get on! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bbmick
29th October 2010, 11:32
thank you so much to all of you :)