PDA

View Full Version : The Last Hurdle. Hopefully!

eula mackay
28th October 2010, 19:08
Its been agaes since I last posted.

Today I attended by NCS appointment and submitted my application for British citizenship. Very straight forward, was in and out in 25 minutes. Form AN, payment slip, passports (mr and mrs), marriage certificate and Life in the UK certificate was all that was required.

Its just a matter of waiting now.

Anyone else waiting to hear regarding their citizenship application?

Terpe
28th October 2010, 19:47
eula mackay
Well Done.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
It won't be long until you get your letter. Then off to the Citizenship ceremony.
As I've said before, personally I think it's a very nice and well organised event.
Just be sure you know the National Anthem:D
Oh, and don't forget the camera. (although for ours we could pre-arrange official photo shoots=== little bit expensive, but hey once in a lifetime.:)

eula mackay
28th October 2010, 20:03
3 years 2 days since I arrived here with my spouse visa. Might seem a bit keen with timing but with work and appointment availability today just seemed to be the right day for it.

luckily my referees have actually known me 3 years so thats all cool.

we are off to the philippines in 3 weeks, surely i would have received acknowledgement of application before then. if father christmas is in a good mood perhaps a favorable decision will be waiting together with bills and junk mail upon our return, although somehow i doubt it !

Terpe
28th October 2010, 20:16
eula mackay
Next on the list British Passport??:)
Don't forget to organise trip to Phils Embassy to make Phils Oath taking for dual citizenship.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Still busy times ahead.
But not so expensive;)

eula mackay
28th October 2010, 20:43
cheaper trips at that! :Rasp: