PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Chaplin's time traveler is BLOCKING THE SUNLIGHT!! ADJUSTING HER HAT! :-)

nigel
28th October 2010, 22:21
This YouTube vid and what people are saying about it is doing my head in!:doh
It's much talked about at the moment...people are claiming that the lady in the old black and white footage is a time traveller using a mobile phone!:doh It does look rather strange but I think she is just blocking the sunlight from her eyes with her hand...or perhaps adjusting her hat!:doh Everyone thinks I'm cuck:Cuckoo::Cuckoo: yet they believe this rubbish!:icon_lol: (there's no sound your PC didn't break..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3qesTjOE8&feature=email&email=comment_reply_received

joebloggs
28th October 2010, 23:43
i wonder if it was pay as you go :Erm:, if so where does she buy her top ups :rolleyes:

so someone has technology so advanced to time travel, do you really think they would be using some mobile type of communication device, and if it uses radio signals wouldn't it take years to reach outta space. i would have thought they would have some sort of device built in their brain :Cuckoo:

JimOttley
29th October 2010, 21:48
A cellular phone in the 1920's :) where are the transmitters and receivers? :laugher:

Either that or it's a beam me up Scotty Star Trek communicator :)

Or much more likely she's got a tin can to her ear and a long thin bit of tight string between her and her friend behind her, camera right, off stage :)

Or - Or, much more likely, the movie is a clever fake, dead easy (relatively speaking) to do this convincingly nowadays, show me some 90 year old original film stock that has these images on it!!

somebody
31st October 2010, 13:56
Or possibly a hearing aid someone posted somewhere that the first electrical hearing aids were coming out in the 20's and that sort of sizes.
why would it be a mobile phone surely it would be a communicator so would be on her wrist:D

Prehaps she was just one of those people who likes to talk to themsleves pretending she is on a communicator to not look mad:D

Nearly everyday I notice people talk on there phones when they suddenly ring or beep so plenty of people who like to so it nodays :icon_lol:

Terpe
31st October 2010, 14:07
..... it's a beam me up Scotty Star Trek communicator :)

Anyone remember the Freddie Starr story about when he was in court on a drink drive charge. When the judge asked for his comment he pulled out his cigarette lighter or something and shouted 'beam me up Scotty' :icon_lol:
Got done for contempt of court as well as drink drive. :doh

JimOttley
31st October 2010, 15:29
Anyone remember the Freddie Starr story about when he was in court on a drink drive charge. When the judge asked for his comment he pulled out his cigarette lighter or something and shouted 'beam me up Scotty' :icon_lol:

Got done for contempt of court as well as drink drive. :doh
Good lord no I never heard that one :laugher:

Seem's a bit harsh doing a comedian for contempt of court, I mean how could he resist it :D

Terpe
31st October 2010, 17:10
Good lord no I never heard that one :laugher:

Seem's a bit harsh doing a comedian for contempt of court, I mean how could he resist it :D

Jim, if you remember Freddie Starr he was really OTT and totally unpredictable.
But a lot of his early stuff was very funny.

stevewool
31st October 2010, 17:13
last time i saw him was on one of these wife swaping shows and what a pig he was, once a very funny man but he seemed to lose it

Terpe
31st October 2010, 17:54
last time i saw him was on one of these wife swaping shows and what a pig he was, once a very funny man but he seemed to lose it

Yes Steve, he really lost the plot.
Shame really.

somebody
31st October 2010, 19:31
Yes Steve, he really lost the plot.
Shame really.

OD'ed on Hamsters:rolleyes:

JimOttley
31st October 2010, 21:50
Jim, if you remember Freddie Starr he was really OTT and totally unpredictable.
But a lot of his early stuff was very funny.

I have vague memories of his unpredictability and as you and Steve say he rather lost the plot.

Not my favourite comedian by a long shot, I'm an Eric and Ernie man myself, also a great fan of Spike Milligna the well known typing error.