PDA

View Full Version : Tier 4 visa

ivy18
29th October 2010, 11:02
Hi there!

does anybody here know how a person from the philippines can apply to study in UK for a NVQ support teaching course?

or anybody knows a good consultancy firm in manila that doesn't only focus on Nurse applicants?

thank you.:)

Arthur Little
29th October 2010, 13:23
Hi there!

does anybody here know how a person from the philippines can apply to study in UK for a NVQ support teaching course?

or anybody knows a good consultancy firm in manila that doesn't only focus on Nurse applicants?

thank you.:)

:welcomex:, Ivy. Far be it from me to discourage you. But - despite having taught at a Government High School in the Phils for 22 years - my wife discovered when she came to the UK in March 2009 ... that the qualifications she'd obtained back home did not sufficiently equip her for a teaching career here in Scotland. :NoNo:

It seems that fully-trained nurses too, are having a hard time getting suitable work in hospitals ... and, instead, mainly find themselves assigned to Care Establishments for the Elderly. Unfair, I know ... but such is the job situation in the current recession.

However, don't despair; I see you're looking at "teaching support" ... and so it might be possible for you to enrol on an NVQ course leading to a 'classroom assistant' post at the end of it. And, in this respect, there will ... hopefully ... be someone on the forum who can point you in the right direction. Goodluck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
29th October 2010, 15:18
Welcome to the forum Ivy :)
I'm sorry I can't advise you, but just really to confirm what Arthur has said already. Even highly skilled non-EU migrants (so-called Tier 1 of the points based system) are not all in skilled jobs. Only a quarter are definitely known to have such jobs and it's not even known what jobs almost half of them are doing ! The UK Government is preparing to impose an annual immigration cap next year, not an easy task. EU citizens can't be restricted, legal, human rights and asylum laws allow entry for other migrants, and non-EU students are worth a lot of money to UK educational establishments.
Good luck, and I'm sure other members will be able to give you advice :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Terpe
29th October 2010, 15:49
:Hellooo: Hello ivy18, welcome to the forum. :Wave:

May I suggest you read the information on this page:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/points/sponsoringmigrants/migrantspoints/assessingstudentpoints/

As you can see from the last sentence. There is no other way to secure points.
Must have an approved sponsor and must have enough money.
Be very cautious of any agents who will charge you money. Unless you get the appropriate certificate from a licensed UK sponsor you will be wasting your money.

Sorry to say this.

ivy18
30th October 2010, 08:37
thank you for the responses...

most of the schools i found in the ukba list of sponsors offers health and social care, also most of the immigration consultants here in manila focus on this course.

for the schools that offer nvq in teaching suport, it is indicated that an applicant is required to be currently working in a school or even a volunteer in child care, does this mean that i need to apply for work visa first before i can apply for student visa?

i hope someone here knows a filipino who takes up this kind of course in the uk...