PDA

View Full Version : halloween

shrek48
30th October 2010, 08:08
been invited out for halloween and have excepted as it wont cost much.
no need to buy a mask as i already have a face like a bull dog chewing a wasp.
have a good halloween everyone :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:olddude:

stevewool
30th October 2010, 08:12
well if you was closer ash you would be more then welcome here, here its going to be differant with emma just lighting a candle in memory of her mom, anyway are you only going out so you dont have to give the poor kids sweets and money:icon_lol::icon_lol:

shrek48
30th October 2010, 08:16
u no me soooo well steve :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
30th October 2010, 11:54
... anyway are you only going out so you dont have to give the poor kids sweets and money:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Many's the true word said in jest, :D Steve! When I was a kid back in the early 1950s, "guisers" were given mostly apples, oranges, sweets and [literally] peanuts. If you were really lucky, you might've got the odd 3d bit thrown in. Sixpence ... and you considered yourself rich!

And you had to earn it too - with your 'party piece' :xxparty-smiley-050: - in those days!!

Now, though, :rolleyes: the young 'uns seem to expect so much ... although, in our case (touch wood!) it's usually only the wee lad from next door, accompanied by his mum!

stevewool
30th October 2010, 13:10
well we have no sweets just piles of 40 pences ready emma was going to offer portions or rice to each kid :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

joebloggs
30th October 2010, 13:20
well we have no sweets just piles of 40 pences ready emma was going to offer portions or rice to each kid :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

i just put a pic of my misses in the window, that keeps the kids away :yikes: :Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th October 2010, 13:42

Better she will offer dried fish and bagoong. They won't be back...
EVER. :D

joebloggs
30th October 2010, 14:42

Better she will offer dried fish and bagoong. They won't be back...
EVER. :D

thats one way of asking for a brick thru your windows :Bricks: :cwm3:

if any kids get past the pic of my misses i just give them some of my misses cookies :repuke::vomit-smiley-011::icon_eek:

bher
30th October 2010, 16:44
i just put a pic of my misses in the window, that keeps the kids away :yikes: :Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

oohh thats bad joe... i will tell your misses wat u have said and done...:NoNo::doh:Cuckoo:...

look out' your in BIG :angry::cwm23::furious3: trouble...

raynaputi
30th October 2010, 19:33
Look how cool Google's page today! :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l286/raynaputi/stuffs/GoogleHalloween.jpg

KeithD
30th October 2010, 19:39
Halloween's tomorrow :Erm: :D

mickcant
30th October 2010, 20:14
Round this way I have not seen any kids out tricking or treating for years, must get too much pocket money:omg:
Mick.:)

stevewool
30th October 2010, 20:19
its a dying art just like carol singing , guy fawks , the great sunday roast, arrow bars and gob stoppers:icon_lol:

KeithD
30th October 2010, 20:27
I love Halloween.... I save up all the out-of -date stuff and give it to the kids who come round :D

mickcant
30th October 2010, 20:29
its a dying art just like carol singing , guy fawks , the great sunday roast, arrow bars and gob stoppers:icon_lol:

Steve, even though I live alone I still have a Sunday roast, I buy beef dripping from my local butcher to roast the spuds in they come up lovely:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.

stevewool
30th October 2010, 20:41
its been ages since a sunday roast , it put me off many many years ago with my mum cooking for us all on a sunday 15 dinners the washing up:doh, rather just please ourselves now , plus with Emma here well what delites she can cook may not be the roast but to me its just right for the time

nigel
31st October 2010, 12:46
Nigel was a rather unconvincing witch at his Halloween party..:doh

nigel
31st October 2010, 12:52
Freddy Cruegar was good enough to turn up though!:icon_lol:

Terpe
31st October 2010, 12:58
Steve, even though I live alone I still have a Sunday roast, I buy beef dripping from my local butcher to roast the spuds in they come up lovely:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.

I still do a Sunday roast too. Same as you Mick, roast pots in beef dripping.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Well, except when I do roast lamb. Carina just will not touch it, so she does dried fish
Everybody happy!:)

shrek48
1st November 2010, 18:11
i go to the pub a fantastic sunday roast served by a delicious young lady and all for £6.99 cant buy it and cook it for that.:omg:

mickcant
1st November 2010, 19:36
i go to the pub a fantastic sunday roast served by a delicious young lady and all for £6.99 cant buy it and cook it for that.:omg:

Hi shrek a "delicious young lady":hubbahubba:
Yes worth going for and the meals a bonus:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick:)

grahamw48
2nd November 2010, 01:13
What happened to all the Tricky Treaters ? ..Battened down the hatches, car in garage, drew all curtains, TV off, all lights off , lay reading a book behind the sofa by the light of a small candle ... and NOTHING !:angry:

nigel
2nd November 2010, 19:28
What happened to all the Tricky Treaters ? ..Battened down the hatches, car in garage, drew all curtains, TV off, all lights off , lay reading a book behind the sofa by the light of a small candle ... and NOTHING !:angry:I had trick or treaters round my way...but the ran off before I could throw my bucket of water over them!:yikes:

Dedworth
2nd November 2010, 19:50
What happened to all the Tricky Treaters ? ..Battened down the hatches, car in garage, drew all curtains, TV off, all lights off , lay reading a book behind the sofa by the light of a small candle ... and NOTHING !:angry:

I did the same - not a peep out of them three stood in front of next door didn't clock me when I mistimed my foray out to the wheelie bin. I view them as a damn nuisance, but my Mrs (who's back home for a few weeks) is all for dishing out sweets & small change.

Sim11UK
2nd November 2010, 20:45
You should have jumped out of the wheelie bin Dedworth, that would have scared them. :omg: :omg: :omg:

Plus you could have let the cat out, at the same time.

Dedworth
2nd November 2010, 20:50
You should have jumped out of the wheelie bin Dedworth, that would have scared them. :omg: :omg: :omg:

Plus you could have let the cat out, at the same time.

:icon_lol:

Terpe
2nd November 2010, 20:56
We had only 3 or 4 come to our door.
All groups of 2 or 3 kids and all with at least one parent.
Must say a lot less than other years. Wonder if it's a sign 'of the times'
Carina said it's because we did not display a pumpkin outside. :Erm: