PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 18:49
Hi everyone

As my title says I am a newbie here. Found the site from a search engine and it's very interesting especially for people like who needs info about UK Visas.

I do thank the people behind this site and I may be a newbie here but I sure can tell that you lots are doing a great job! Thumbs up to all of you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Kind regards,

spring_baby11

stevie c
1st November 2010, 18:56
Hi spring baby & avery warm welcome to the forum you are sure to find many friends here:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 19:14
Sorry, I forgot to mention..I am Filipina married to a wonderful British man who works on a ship and we have a gorgeous daughter. We are living in Manila but we are thinking of moving to England after my husband's contract with the ship expires. So now, we are looking for everything we can possibly learn in order for us, or me mainly, to get a UK visa.

My hubby and I have been together since 2004. He's been working on ships ever since so its alright for us to live here in the Philippines. But about 2 months ago, my mother-in-law phoned me and asked if we could go to England and stay with her because she feels lonely at most times being on her own everyday and would appreciate if we live with her since my husband is always away anyway. Its perfectly ok with my husband but we are not sure how we are going to make the visa application. So our question is, what kind of visa will I apply for and what will be the requirements if it is possible for my mother-in-law to sponsor me and her granddaughter. By the way, my daughter was born in England.

Thank you all in advance for any info you can share.

Arthur Little
1st November 2010, 19:16
Hi everyone

As my title says I am a newbie here.

First of all, :welcomex: to the filipino/uk forum ...

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 19:16
Thank you stevie c!!! :)

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 19:17
thank you arthur :)

Englishman2010
1st November 2010, 19:25
Welcome, I'm sure you will find the answers to your questions, plus a lot more on here

Arthur Little
1st November 2010, 19:27
Hi everyone

As my title says I am a newbie here. Found the site from a search engine and it's very interesting especially for people like who needs info about UK Visas.

I do thank the people behind this site and I may be a newbie here but I sure can tell that you lots are doing a great job! Thumbs up to all of you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Kind regards,

spring_baby11

... :68711_thanx: for your kind compliment. Are you expecting a happy event :baby1: in the Spring ... as your pseudonymn suggests? :rolleyes:

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 19:27
thank you Englishman2010

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 19:31
hehe no Sir Arthur Little i'm not expecting but my daughter was born spring time in England :)

mickcant
1st November 2010, 19:40
Hello spring_baby11:Wave:
Welcome to the forum.
Mick.:)

Arthur Little
1st November 2010, 19:42
Sorry, I forgot to mention..I am Filipina married to a wonderful British man who works on a ship and we have a gorgeous daughter. We are living in Manila but we are thinking of moving to England after my husband's contract with the ship expires. So now, we are looking for everything we can possibly learn in order for us, or me mainly, to get a UK visa.

My hubby and I have been together since 2004. He's been working on ships ever since so its alright for us to live here in the Philippines. But about 2 months ago, my mother-in-law phoned me and asked if we could go to England and stay with her because she feels lonely at most times being on her own everyday and would appreciate if we live with her since my husband is always away anyway. Its perfectly ok with my husband but we are not sure how we are going to make the visa application. So our question is, what kind of visa will I apply for and what will be the requirements if it is possible for my mother-in-law to sponsor me and her granddaughter. By the way, my daughter was born in England.

Thank you all in advance for any info you can share.

Ah ... I see my posts have obviously crossed with yours! :) Well, now ... you'll be looking at how to apply for a Spousal Visa and there's a wealth of information on this site to guide you through the process. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 19:42
Hello Mick! Thank you for the warm welcome :)

laurel
1st November 2010, 19:46
Hi and welcome to the forum , you may find these two sites useful , as well as the experience of loyal members here.....good luck:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 19:52
Ah ... I see my posts have obviously crossed with yours! :) Well, now ... you'll be looking at how to apply for a Spousal Visa and there's a wealth of information on this site to guide you through the process. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have read some details about spousal visa and it's a bit confusing for me because my husband is not settled in UK but here in the Philippines with me and our daughter. So if we go to England, we will be staying with his mum. Will it be possible for me to apply for a Spousal visa even if my husband's not in UK? and is it ok if his mum will be my sponsor? hubby still have a year and half left with his contract. if i apply for a visa and do get a visa, me and our daughter will go to England first if I get the visa before his contract expires, if not, then we will go all together.

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 19:53
thank you laurel :)

rani
1st November 2010, 19:59
a warm welcome to the forum spring baby.. where r u in the phils? :Hellooo:

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 20:01
a warm welcome to the forum spring baby.. where r u in the phils? :Hellooo:

Hi rani,

Thank you...I'm from Metro Manila :)

rani
1st November 2010, 20:02
i'm in pasig :xxgrinning--00xx3:

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 20:10
i'm in pasig :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cool ;)

Terpe
1st November 2010, 20:10
:Hellooo: Hi spring_baby11 welcome to this forum :Wave:

spring_baby11
1st November 2010, 20:17
:Hellooo: Hi spring_baby11 welcome to this forum :Wave:

Hellooooooooooo Terpe!!! Thank you :)

I'm off to bed now but will be back tomorrow!!!

Again, Thank you all for the warm welcome and quick replies :heartshape1:;)

purple
1st November 2010, 21:28
welcome to the forum spring_baby, for sure you will find all the answers here. there has been many threads that will surely meet the queries you have.

mikey73
2nd November 2010, 06:21
:Hellooo:hi spring baby:Hellooo:
welcome to the forum:)

DaveUK
2nd November 2010, 13:58
Welcome to the forum! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 13:33
spring_baby11

I'm sure you know all this but anyway here is my take on your questions:-

You should apply for spouse visa.

For this you must show that:-

■you are legally married to each other or have registered a civil partnership;
■you are going to live together permanently as husband and wife, or as civil partners;
■you have met each other;
■you can support yourselves and any dependants without help from public funds;
■you have adequate accommodation where you and your dependants can live without help from public funds; and
■you are at least 21 years old (or 18 years old if you or your husband, wife or civil partner is a serving member of HM Forces).

As long as you can demonstrate that you meet all of the requirements for this category you will have no problems.

■currently living and settled in the UK; or
■returning to the UK with you to live here permanently.

The definition of this includes those at the time an application under these Rules is made, is physically present here or is coming here with you or to join the applicant and intends to make the United Kingdom their home with the applicant.

Interestingly it also says:-

We may be able to give you permission to live permanently in the UK as soon as you arrive, if:-

■you and your partner married or formed a civil partnership at least four years ago;
■you have spent those four years living together outside the UK;
■you are both coming to the UK to settle here together; and
■you have sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK.
(You do not need to meet this last requirement if you are aged 65 or over.)

I have no idea if the Life in UK test is available in Phils, but if it is, then this would be the route for immediate ILR

I take it your daughter is British citizen?

Hope that others can fill any missing information.

joebloggs
3rd November 2010, 14:23
I have no idea if the Life in UK test is available in Phils, but if it is, then this would be the route for immediate ILR

I take it your daughter is British citizen?

Hope that others can fill any missing information.

no, life in uk test only available in the uk, if your husband was going back to the uk with you and you had been married and lived together for 4yrs or more you could have applied for ILE subject to KOL , meaning once your in the UK and passed the life in uk test you might be able to apply for ILE (same as ILR)

bher
3rd November 2010, 15:42
welcome to the forum...

spring_baby11
4th November 2010, 03:16
wow! thank you very very much for the info. i have been busy these past couple of days and i haven't had time to read and search that much so i am so glad that this site is full of people who are so helpful. Again thank you terpe and joebloggs.

now i know i can apply for the spouse visa while hubby is still away. our gorgeous daughter at the moment still have the old Philippine passport but I have inquired at the British embassy and was told she is eligible for a British passport since her daddy is British and we have been married since 2006. And that gives us four years of married life.

But please do help me clarify my head about the ILE subject to KOL. How do I apply for it? do i apply for it here or when i get to England? Sorry, I have no idea about the ILE..or is there any chance you can give me a link please about this so I can read more. Thank you so much.

spring_baby11
4th November 2010, 03:22
thanks mikey, purple and daveuk for welcoming me. this site have been so informative. thank you all :heartshape1:;)

DaveUK9
5th November 2010, 19:03
Hi
I am Dave
Am new guy on here just having a look around at the moment
Married to a Filipina From Bataan
Trying to learn Tagalog ha ha haha

Arthur Little
6th November 2010, 13:02
... you'll be looking at how to apply for a Spousal Visa and there's a wealth of information on this site to guide you through the process. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

One particulary useful - and relevant - thread is:- "Applying for Fiance'(e) or Spouse Visas - A quick guide" ... compiled by one of our senior members, Ricky R. You'll find it under 'Quick Links' on the navy blue rectangular bar [3rd from the top of this page]. Scroll down with the arrow, and click on 'Today's Posts'. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th November 2010, 13:16
Hi
I am Dave
Am new guy on here just having a look around at the moment
Married to a Filipina From Bataan
Trying to learn Tagalog ha ha haha

:welcomex: DaveUK [Mark II]; :) please feel free to browse around our site ... and good luck in your efforts to learn Tagalog! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th November 2010, 13:19
:Hellooo: Hi DaveUK9, welcome to the form :Wave:

stevie c
6th November 2010, 13:25
hi dave welcome to the forum:Hellooo:

lyka
6th November 2010, 15:03
welcome....spring baby
im looking also a pinay here in glasgow,we can meet up in city centre.hehe

spring_baby11
25th November 2010, 11:36
One particulary useful - and relevant - thread is:- "Applying for Fiance'(e) or Spouse Visas - A quick guide" ... compiled by one of our senior members, Ricky R. You'll find it under 'Quick Links' on the navy blue rectangular bar [3rd from the top of this page]. Scroll down with the arrow, and click on 'Today's Posts'. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Arthur...I've been really busy lately sorry for the late reply...hello to all again :Jump:

benlin910
21st December 2010, 10:13
my name is ben and i am new here, its my pleasure to join this community to find some information and good friends here.

alanmf1
21st December 2010, 10:17
Hi Ben,:welcomex:
Welcome to the Forum.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Perhaps start a new thread of your own introducing yourself and you may make a lot more friends!

keep posting:Wave:

Happy Holidays:xxparty-smiley-050: