PDA

View Full Version : Step father sponsoring a chid

macky
9th November 2010, 19:58
I have seen a thread here that was a very useful guide for a step father sponsoring a child..But it didn't say if it has an age limit. My son is turning 18 this January would it matter if he will not be a minor?
tnx

bornatbirth
9th November 2010, 20:03
oh, i think its best to get him over here before hes 18 as he will be considered a adult, maybe get some better replies first.

joebloggs
9th November 2010, 20:12
yes as over 18, your no longer a minor under uk law.

make it easier for yourself get that visa app in asap.

thou it could be possible if he was over 18 but really only if there are 'Serious and compelling family or other reasons.

does he work ? who does he live with, do you support him ? does he have contact with his bio father ?

stevewool
9th November 2010, 20:21
you can take mine and i will sponser you for having them

macky
9th November 2010, 21:26
I(Filipino) am already in UK on a resident card my husband(British) I have acquired this visa in practising European rules under ECJ Singh. I have tried to get my son through my residency but I have found out that I have to wait till I get my permanent residency.
So can my husband act as his sponsor instead? All supporting documents are available and biological father has no objection to this, since I was the sole provider for the child. My son lives with my mother as his legal guardian. We have details of his biological father but never gave moral or financial support after our annulment.