PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to win the 2010 F1 Drivers title?

Englishman2010
11th November 2010, 20:09
I have a horrible feeling that cheating, spoil sport Fernando 'Eyebrow' Alonso is going to win his 3rd World Championship this Sunday - boooooooooooo
Good luck to Mark Webber, I'd love to see him win in what could be his last chance to race for a top team:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
11th November 2010, 20:42
Alonso FAV TO WIN

sars_notd_virus
11th November 2010, 20:49
Although I like Jenson Button a lot,,the standing is not that good for him lately:NoNo:
I will go for Webber(Oz) :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tomboo
11th November 2010, 21:09
who cares, its become boring these days (although i still watch) in the last race i cant remember and overtaking between the top few after the first lap, i question if the racing is about the driver these days, if i had to choose it would be either of the Red Bull drivers. they have had the best car for sure this year. and i dont agree with how Ferrari have almost been allowed to get away with cheating so much

laurel
11th November 2010, 21:29
I have a horrible feeling that cheating, spoil sport Fernando 'Eyebrow' Alonso is going to win his 3rd World Championship this Sunday - boooooooooooo
Good luck to Mark Webber, I'd love to see him win in what could be his last chance to race for a top team:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Spot on about Alonso...........and IMO Ferrari as well.
Good scraps this yr in General....think Lewis will be pushin hard next yr. Hope Webber does it

Englishman2010
11th November 2010, 21:38
After the debacle with Massa giving a win to Alonso, if he wins the title by less than 7 points he should do the decent thing and give the title to Webber (or Vettel) or forever hang his head in shame.

I really would like to see Webber win instead of the cheat or the German crash kid, and then go and tell Christian Horner where to stick his contract for next year, and go and sign for McLaren instead of Jenson Button.

Lewis blew his chances with a couple of silly crashes into Webber and Massa, I hope that he really has learned his lesson and is back in contention next year.

stevewool
11th November 2010, 22:24
alonso i think and yes its been boring for a few years i think, or do we get older and sound like our dads:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Englishman2010
11th November 2010, 22:40
alonso i think and yes its been boring for a few years i think, or do we get older and sound like our dads:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I've been a F1 fan for over 30 years, and my favorite era had always been the 80's when the likes of Senna, Prost, Mansell & Piquet were doing battle. F1 became dull post Mansell retiring and Senna's death. In the Schumacher era it was just a boring procession with no real competition except for Mika Hakkinen and Alonso and possibly Kimi Raikkinen. For me that all changed in 2007, Schumacher had gone and Lewis Hamilton the mixed race rookie came along and blew everyone else away, including his double World Championship winning team mate. F1 now, for me is as exciting as it's ever been, there is a great crop of drivers again, and the way the lead in the title has changed so much bares testament to that. My son and I sit glued to the screen every second Sunday with our hearts in our mouths as we cheer on Lewis and boooo at Alonso the cheat:icon_lol:

stevewool
11th November 2010, 22:44
true Ian but the exceitment has gone with the pitstops and fuel stops, yes its got to be safe always but many many times its a procession many many races, hamilton is still the best driver i think out there

les_taxi
11th November 2010, 22:47
I'm going for Penelope pit-stop,with dick dastardly and mutley a close second:xxgrinning--00xx3:

laurel
11th November 2010, 22:48
For me that all changed in 2007, Schumacher had gone and Lewis Hamilton the mixed race rookie came along and blew everyone else away, including his double World Championship winning team mate. F1 now, for me is as exciting as it's ever been, there is a great crop of drivers again, and the way the lead in the title has changed so much bares testament to that. My son and I sit glued to the screen every second Sunday with our hearts in our mouths as we cheer on Lewis and boooo at Alonso the cheat:icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
11th November 2010, 23:03
I go to Silverstone every year, but I also went to Singapore in 2009. It wasn't the greatest race of the year, but Lewis won and it was a fantastic experience.

Terpe
12th November 2010, 08:39

I agree. For me, anyone but Alonso.

KeithD
12th November 2010, 10:29
Which ever position they are in after lap 3 is statistically likely to be the finishing positions.

I wish they'd extend the Indycar season so I had some descent motor sport to watch.

Mathematically Alonso will win it unless his car breaks down.... maybe Lewis can run him off the road :)

Englishman2010
12th November 2010, 10:38
Mathematically Alonso will win it unless his car breaks down.... maybe Lewis can run him off the road :)

That's possible, he is driving a FIAT:icon_lol:

It would be great to see the Crash Kid (Vettel) do his team mate a favor and take Alonso out, but I can't see Vettel doing anything to help Webber

alanmf1
13th November 2010, 06:30
Ian, have to agree that the Spaniard looks favourite and is holding most of the cards!
My instinct says he will be Champ but not in a straight fight....

My heart is saying Webber.. but thats biased as i was his Chief Mech @ Jaguar....

Hamilton to win the race..
Alonso Champion...
Vettel to cause an accident..

a lot could depend on the outcome of qualifying... Hamilton Webber front row..?

Its a great end to a good season ... just what Bernie wants, all down to the last race so maximum TV figures!

Could the championship be decided in the Stewards Room....????:hubbahubba:

look forward to asian coverage tomorrow night with a few red horse and sml....

rgds

Englishman2010
13th November 2010, 07:38
You may be right Alan:xxgrinning--00xx3: Have a great time watching it in Bohol

Terpe
14th November 2010, 21:05
Well, if you didn't already know.....
Just to record that the race today was won by Sebastian Vettel and he became the new F1 Drivers’ World Champion, the youngest ever at the age of only 23.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
14th November 2010, 21:20
Ferrari made a terrible strategic mistake with tyre change and Fernando 'Eyebrow' Alonso got cuaght up in 'rush hour' traffic on the M25
Justice is sweet :)

Englishman2010
14th November 2010, 21:30
Ferrari made a terrible strategic mistake with tyre change and Fernando 'Eyebrow' Alonso got cuaght up in 'rush hour' traffic on the M25
Justice is sweet :)

Vettel was a deserved winner and congratulations to him, he's been by far the quickest driver in qualification all year and he has been a bit unlucky with reliability - jokingly I call him the crash kid, but that is down to lack of experience and youth (similalrly with LH), he is a phenomenal talent, and I'm sure him and Hamilton will dominate F1 for the next 10 years or so. I would have preferred another Brit or Aussie world champ, but no complaints from me with Vettel winning it. LH will have plenty more opportunities to win it again.

KeithD
15th November 2010, 11:05
All the press had setup in the Ferrari camp before the race :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
15th November 2010, 19:04
All the press had setup in the Ferrari camp before the race :icon_lol:

Like Terpe said " Justice is sweet". After the place switch with Massa earlier in the season, if he had won the title it would always have been a tainted victory in most people's eyes.

stevewool
15th November 2010, 19:19
looks amazing the last race , went to silverstone a few years back and well a lot of money to get wet standing on a hill but i did enjoy it and when you are with mates its all the better,

Englishman2010
15th November 2010, 19:25
Silverstone's always a great day out Steve, I try to go every year (well, I blag a free corporate hospitality ticket from Abbey/Santander or other sponsors every year). I'd love to do a few more of the overseas ones, I did Singapore last year, and had an invite for Brazil this year, but couldn't make that due to family commitments (and lack of annual leave remaining after 3 trips to the Phil's so far this year :D).

stevewool
15th November 2010, 19:33
the first time we went was so long ago but we hire a motorhome got there friday night late and pitched camp, told the lads that only peeing was aloud in the rv and not pooing, there was 4 off us and what a laugh we had, bbq was lite that night and what a feast we had , lots off drink then off to bed,next morning the bbq was still so hot we had breakfast on it, but somesod used the loo for number 2 the sod him stunk the place out all the next day:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Englishman2010
15th November 2010, 19:38
the first time we went was so long ago but we hire a motorhome got there friday night late and pitched camp, told the lads that only peeing was aloud in the rv and not pooing, there was 4 off us and what a laugh we had, bbq was lite that night and what a feast we had , lots off drink then off to bed,next morning the bbq was still so hot we had breakfast on it, but somesod used the loo for number 2 the sod him stunk the place out all the next day:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sounds like a great time:D Some mates of mine always run their Italian beasts down to Le Mans for the 24 hr race. I haven't done it myself yet, but hopefully one day

stevewool
15th November 2010, 19:42
yes my mates do that in there subaru,s , last time most got tickets for speeding the fools dont realize the frence dont chase you but wait in ambush up the road and theres lots of them and they have guns too:)

Dedworth
15th November 2010, 19:57
Pity our blokes didn't do better but at least slippery Alonso got his just deserts

Englishman2010
15th November 2010, 20:09
Pity our blokes didn't do better but at least slippery Alonso got his just deserts

It was in Lewis' hands a few races ago too, but a couple of stupid collisions blew his chances. Hopefully, he will learn his lesson finally:doh

KeithD
16th November 2010, 10:52
Well Vettel blew a couple of races as well, but it's down to who has the best car, not really driver, and Red Bull were ahead of the game this year.

Englishman2010
16th November 2010, 11:34
That's true, the same as Braun had the best car last year. Over the course of a season, no driver is going to get it right in every race, they will all make mistakes and have silly crashes. It would make it more interesting if they all had the same equipment (Like the A1 series). That way we would have a better chance of seeing who the best drivers really were. Having said that, I still believe that Vettel is a great driver, and Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton are a class above the rest of the field. Button is a good driver, but not a great driver IMO

bornatbirth
16th November 2010, 13:47
having no team orders and letting the team mates drive against each other is losing them races and world titles, webber could of had it won, so could hamilton as we all know hes a better driver than buttton :doh