PDA

View Full Version : Zubuflakes!

Win2Win
11th November 2010, 21:20
http://www.marketmanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/141.jpg It isn't original. But it's the first time I have thought to do this with lechon meat. Shred the meat by hand or with two forks. Season with a touch of kikkoman soy sauce and some kosher salt. Place a pan over high heat and add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the oil is HOT, add two hands full of shredded lechon and fry until crisp. Serve with rice and a fried egg. OMG. This was seriously good. Similar to adobo flakes but with lechon. Crunchy, crisp and chewy. Drizzle with chili vinegar and I guarantee you will eat more rice than you should. So simple, so delicious. Don't forget to try this the next time you have leftover lechon. I actually used the flakes to top a lechon sinigang this lunch. As the flakes sank into the broth they became a little chewy, but provided a nice contrast to the soup. When will the wonders of a simple roasted pig end? :)

Content from... (http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/zubuflakes)

sars_notd_virus
11th November 2010, 21:40
woow very similar to adobo flakes....very good with beer:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
11th November 2010, 21:43
Looks like crispy duck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th November 2010, 07:14
Looks like crispy duck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's just what I thought.

How about this:-

Take a good slab (3kg) of bones-in pork belly

Put it on a trivet of sliced apples in a roasting tin and cover with foil.

Place in pre-heated oven at 140°C and cook for a good 3 or 4 hours or until the rib bones pull out easily and the flesh is tender.

Shred the meat and quickly fry until crispy

Stuff a flour tortilla with the the crispy pork, shredded lettuce and a hint of pureed apple sauce.
Roll up and away you go! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
12th November 2010, 14:21
looks soooooo yummy :hubbahubba:

joebloggs
12th November 2010, 14:25
:vomit-smiley-011:
:action-smiley-082:
:NoNo:

sars_notd_virus
12th November 2010, 20:18
:vomit-smiley-011:
:action-smiley-082:
:NoNo:

yes Joe,that happens when u eat too much of that (pork flakes)and drink beer at the same time:icon_lol: