PDA

View Full Version : help

toging
12th November 2010, 02:14
i got my decision (annulment) yesterday after waiting for 2 years it finally came thru....as we (me and my scottish bf) had been waiting for it for a long while....i am so excited to know the things that i need to learn to process a fiancee visa.....but when i keep on reading it i didnt realized how it will be hard for us....especially in the department of his financial stability.....my bf is on his retirement age.so i wondered if the embassy will allow me to enter UK since he is only a pensioner now....does he needs to be back at work again b4 i can apply a fiancee visa???and how long does it take for me to wait till i can apply>>>pls help i really need ur advice.....thank you very much!!!

Arthur Little
12th November 2010, 03:56
i got my decision (annulment) yesterday after waiting for 2 years it finally came thru....as we (me and my scottish bf) had been waiting for it for a long while....i am so excited to know the things that i need to learn to process a fiancee visa.....but when i keep on reading it i didnt realized how it will be hard for us....especially in the department of his financial stability.....my bf is on his retirement age.so i wondered if the embassy will allow me to enter UK since he is only a pensioner now....does he needs to be back at work again b4 i can apply a fiancee visa???and how long does it take for me to wait till i can apply>>>pls help i really need ur advice.....thank you very much!!!

Firstly ... :welcomex: to the filipino/uk forum.

Secondly, I have merged your two threads into one ... since the content is identical.

Thirdly, :) I think you're perhaps worrying yourself needlessly over the fact that your Scottish boyfrend is a State Pensioner. I say this, based on my own experience of being early retired - and nine months short of pension age - when I married my Filipina wife in December 2008, applied for a Spousal Visa and was able to bring her to the UK 12 weeks later. The main difference as far as you're concerned is, I imagine you'll be planning to hold the wedding in Scotland ... as opposed to the Philippines ... which is presumably why you mention applying for a Fiancee Visa.

There are some excellent threads on here to help you through the procedure; one I can highly recommend is entitled 'Applying for a Spouse or Fiancee Visa - A quick guide' compiled by one of our Trusted Members, Ricky R on September 2nd this year. If you have any difficulty in finding it using our 'Search Facility' located at the top right-hand corner of this page, then please let us know.

I'm glad you've finally been granted your annulment after such a long wait ... and wish you both every happiness in your future together. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

toging
12th November 2010, 04:39
thank you very much for the help mr.arthur.....after reading the article that u told me im still confused...my bf is 62 yrs.old now (im 33) and he also an early retiree (55) and since then he is a state pensioner....we met 1st quarter of 2008 visited me many times...just want to know if theres a goodchance to get a spousal visa/fiancee if his back to work again>.....thanks and have a good day!!!

Terpe
12th November 2010, 09:41
toging

Here is an extract from the UKBA website for Fiancee visa:-

■you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually 6 months);
■you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership;
■you have met each other;
■until you are married or have registered a civil partnership, there is somewhere for you and any
dependants to live without help from public funds (see Rights and responsibilities for more information on what this means); and
■you and any dependants can be supported without working or needing help from public funds.

If we allow you to come to the UK in the category of fiance(e) or proposed civil
partner (not as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership), you will normally
be given permission to stay here for 6 months. You must not work during this time.
After you have married or registered your civil partnership, you can apply to
stay here as the husband, wife or civil partner of a settled person.
If we approve your application, we will give you permission to live and work here for 2 years.
Near the end of the 2 years, you can apply to settle here permanently if you are still
married or civil partners and intend to live together.

The really key points are:-

Provide evidence that you have both met and that the relationship is genuine and ongoing.
You would need to provide evidence such as travel,photographs showing you together and correspondence between you both demonstrating the relationship.

Evidence of sufficient finances which clearly shows that your fiance can support you.
Don't forget you will not be allowed to work until after you are married.

Your fiance will need to provide bank statements for at least the previous 6 months
As your fiance is retired he will need a statement from his pension scheme and/or P60's.
In so far as your fiance can meet the financial requirements from his pension and savings he does not NEED to be working.
Accommodation - Your fiance needs to have adequate accommodation

If he owns his home, he needs to provide details such as a certified copy of the deed or details about any mortgage he has (Land Registry entry and details of mortgage payments).

If he is renting accommodation he will need to provide the tenancy agreement.Also a statement from the landlord (or estate agent) showing agreement that you can also stay there.
Any tenancy agreement should have at least 6 months before it expires. If it does not then he will need to provide a statement from the landlord indicating that it will be renewed under existing contract terms.

Hope this helps

toging
12th November 2010, 13:00
thank u very much mr.terpe....after reading ur reply i think i am very much enlighted...and i know for a fact that this will be a very big help for us.....take care and keep on helping to those who needs it like me.Good day!!!