PDA

View Full Version : Salt Pepper Prawns a la Marketman

Win2Win
14th November 2010, 23:10
http://www.marketmanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/151.jpgSumptuous, festive and generous. But simple and quick to make. It screams special because prawns are not everyday fare, and should impress your guests without breaking the bank. Buy a kilo of medium to large black tiger prawns. Trim their whiskers(?), leave the shells on, but cut into the shell where the digestive tract is and remove any poopy looking matter. Rinse prawns clean. Place in a non-reactive bowl (stainless or ceramic or glass) and cover with cool water and add 1 tablespoon of sea salt (not iodized) and mix a bit before placing this is the fridge for an hour or so. The brine will make your prawns more juicy. Take the prawns out of the fridge and drain and dry well with paper towels.

Content from... (http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/salt-pepper-prawns-a-la-marketman)

raynaputi
15th November 2010, 00:12
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

purple
15th November 2010, 01:32
Rayna, I've noticed that Win2win has been posting really delicious food articles. Is it a way of letting you know that these are the foods that Keith wants you to prepare for him? lol

raynaputi
15th November 2010, 02:06
purple, if you must know, Keith only eats chicken...so whatever he or the RSS posts here, chicken is all he'll get! :coolchickendance: hahahahaha.. :icon_lol:

Terpe
15th November 2010, 07:24
I love prawns. Mmmmm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

In fact I love all seafoods. :hubbahubba:

mickcant
15th November 2010, 09:27
I love prawns. Mmmmm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

In fact I love all seafoods. :hubbahubba:

Me too, they look yummy:hubbahubba::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

KeithD
15th November 2010, 10:48
purple, if you must know, Keith only eats chicken...so whatever he or the RSS posts here, chicken is all he'll get! :coolchickendance: hahahahaha.. :icon_lol:
:icon_lol: :crazy: ..... I'd eat those prawns.... but I'm not peeling them .... I don't put anything in my mouth that hasn't had the outside shell/skin peeled back :cwm24:

raynaputi
15th November 2010, 11:11
:icon_lol: :crazy: ..... I'd eat those prawns.... but I'm not peeling them .... I don't put anything in my mouth that hasn't had the outside shell/skin peeled back :cwm24:

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

sars_notd_virus
15th November 2010, 12:34
is it nilasing na sugpo? sarap:hubbahubba:

rani
15th November 2010, 13:52
:hubbahubba: