PDA

View Full Version : Text Advice of Visa from Embassy/VFS

alfiemoon
23rd November 2010, 10:42
Just a query about how the Embassy/VFS advises applicants by text when their decision has been made.

First question - is it the embassy or VFS that texts the message? - I would imagine it is VFS.

Secondly, I was just wondering about the format of this. Do they just say "Your passport is ready for collection" - so you dont know if the visa has been granted till you pick it up or do they say "Your visa has been granted (or refused) and your passport is ready for collection"

Or maybe the wording isnt standardised and it just depends on who at the embassy/vfs is sending the message.

Any recent experiences anyone?

Cheers
Alfie

Arthur Little
23rd November 2010, 11:26
Yes ... it's VFS that sends the text - which is worded along either of the following lines:

"Processed Passport Ready for Collection" OR "Processed Passport Returned via Courier" - depending on which of the two methods the applicant has selected to be notified by. If it is being delivered, an appropriate additional charge will have been levied at the time the application was lodged.

No mention of the outcome is made at this stage. :NoNo:

alfiemoon
23rd November 2010, 12:22
Thanks Arthur,

So presumably when you get your passport there is either a visa stamped in it :Jump: or a letter expaining the reasons for rejection:NoNo:

Alfie

Arthur Little
23rd November 2010, 12:57
Thanks Arthur,

So presumably when you get your passport there is either a visa stamped in it :Jump: or a letter expaining the reasons for rejection:NoNo:

Alfie

Yes, Alfie ... mind you, I'm basing this assumption on my own wife's experience. Her passport came by Courier with the visa affixed inside. Have you been texted already? :rolleyes:

alfiemoon
23rd November 2010, 13:20
No text yet 'cos havent applied yet! Just like to know the mechanics of these things in advance.

Cheers Arthur

Alfie

Terpe
23rd November 2010, 13:24
Alfie,
They may not always say if visa is approved or not.
Some members have posted about this before.

omskie recently posted
"My fiancee submitted the application last monday. She got an email that "a decision has been made" for her application and that they've sent it through courier. Hopefully it's a good decision. "

On the good side I don't recall that anyone received a refusal in that way.

Arthur Little
23rd November 2010, 13:41
Alfie,
They may not always say if visa is approved or not.

No ... they NEVER do ... as far as I'm aware ... more's the pity! And, to be honest, I cannot fathom why not! :anerikke:

On the good side I don't recall that anyone received a refusal in that way.

:iagree: ... that's usually the case, yes!

alfiemoon
24th November 2010, 08:46
When you get the text saying the passport is ready for collection is it possible to phone VFS to find out what the decision is? It would be nice to know before you trot along there if it has been granted or not. If it hasnt been granted then applicants can start thinking about appeals etc and be ready to ask all the right questions at VFS.

Cheers
Alfie