PDA

View Full Version : Question RE Part 8 of the Immigration Rules, unsure what this means.

CoolBreeze2106
24th November 2010, 14:08
Hi Hope you can shed some light on this....

This is a paragraph from the rules. Which have to be met to apply for FLR(M)

" Requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom

284. The requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom are that:

(i) the applicant has limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom which was given in accordance with any of the provisions of these Rules, other than where as a result of that leave he would not have been in the United Kingdom beyond 6 months from the date on which he was admitted to the United Kingdom on this occasion in accordance with these Rules, unless the leave in question is limited leave to enter as a fiance or proposed civil partner or unless the leave in question was granted to the applicant as the spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a Tier 1 Migrant and that spouse or partner is the same person in relation to whom the applicant is applying for an extension of stay under this rule; "

It then goes on to list other requirements you have to meet but I just don't understand this. Inparticular the 6 month part.

Basically my partner has 1 year left on her student visa, we are in the process of waiting for COA to be approved and just want to be ready for when we apply for FLR(M) after we get wed of course. :Jump:

joebloggs
24th November 2010, 20:33
yes, i think what it is waffling about is that you will satisfy this requirement if didn't enter on a leave which enable you to stay in UK for only 6 months from the date of entry.

for example if you had a visit visa you would fail the requirement.

just apply for your COA asap( as you know it could be scrapped soon anyway) :rolleyes:

CoolBreeze2106
25th November 2010, 10:45
Thanks for that. They could of just wrote that :icon_lol:

Yup COA is going in the post Saturday :Jump: