PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Phil's over the festive season?

Englishman2010
28th November 2010, 20:55
Just wondered which British based members of the forum are heading over to the Phil's over Christmas and the New Year?
A month today, and I'm off for a fortnight taking in 4 days in HK and 10 in the Phil's. I have to say I am more excited about seeing my mahal again on New Years day than I am about Christmas this year.

stevewool
28th November 2010, 20:59
wishful thinking on my part ian , last new years eve oover looking manila with emma by myside watching the fireworks. this year well with emma in england watching the new year in watching jools holland perhaps,

Englishman2010
28th November 2010, 21:07
My last New Years Eve was a 9 hour wait in transit at Doha airport en route to Manila. I'm not doing that again:doh This year I'll be in HK enjoying the fireworks and lasers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
28th November 2010, 21:16
thats on my wish list i wanted emma to meet me there last year but next time perhaps

alanmf1
28th November 2010, 21:22
I guess my :heartshape1: will be in Philippines!

Maybe next year!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have to say Ian HK has got to be one of the best New Years Eve celebrations! Probably only beaten by Sydney!

Englishman2010
28th November 2010, 21:41
thats on my wish list i wanted emma to meet me there last year but next time perhaps

The transit lounge in Doha or HK :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
28th November 2010, 21:42
I guess my :heartshape1: will be in Philippines!

Maybe next year!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have to say Ian HK has got to be one of the best New Years Eve celebrations! Probably only beaten by Sydney!

I hope so:) Although I'm looking forward to landing in Manila on NY Day far more

RickyR
29th November 2010, 02:21
I'll be here Christmas day, then flying back to work on Boxing day....

burdock
29th November 2010, 02:40
I fly to manila christmas day and meet my mahal for the first time boxing day:)

looking forward to seeing the festive season there

subseastu
29th November 2010, 10:34
Xmas last year was spent in a pool in an apartment block in singers whilst at "work". New years eve was spent in a tug crossing singers anchorage for 4 hours. News years day was arrive in batam dry dock! Still We where booked into the holiday inn there, all on expenses. Stupid ,stupid dock yard. Four sailors in a 5* hotel with free tab on everything at new year. Lets just say we made up for missing out bringing in the new year properly.

This year I'll be home (first time in 3 years), family are coming round for dinner so got to cook for 10:omg:

Not sure whats happening for new year but it may involve amounts of alcohol that are considered dangerous!!!

Terpe
29th November 2010, 13:04
Well for me, it's not Christmas in Phils this year. :bigcry:

I have spent some wonderful Christmas times in the Philippines, and really enjoy it.
Christmas 2011 is our next planned visit.

Alan
29th November 2010, 13:18
I'm off to Cebu tomorrow!! :Wave:

Al.:)

Englishman2010
29th November 2010, 19:12
I'm off to Cebu tomorrow!! :Wave:

Al.:)

Have a safe trip back tomorrow:xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
29th November 2010, 20:29
Have a safe trip Alan..:xxgrinning--00xx3: Enjoy!

Englishman2010
29th November 2010, 21:55
I fly to manila christmas day and meet my mahal for the first time boxing day:)

looking forward to seeing the festive season there

Happy Boxing Day Burdock:xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm sure you will have your best Christmas ever:)
How long have you been chatting to your mahal?

Englishman2010
29th November 2010, 21:58
I'll be here Christmas day, then flying back to work on Boxing day....

At least you get Xmas day with your missus and new son. He's probably a bit too small to know what's going on this year, by the time they get to 2 or 3, they are so excited by Xmas:D

andrew2010
16th December 2010, 06:37
Hi Guys

Il be fling off to Davao this monday. Spending a few weeks there. cant wait to have my wife back in my arms

aposhark
17th December 2010, 20:06
Hope you all know Boxing day is on the 27th this year!

Englishman2010
17th December 2010, 22:52
Hope you all know Boxing day is on the 27th this year!

I hadn't really given it a lot of thought, but you are correct Apo, as the 26th is officially Christmas Sunday. I don't really care what day the 27th is, because for me it's 'Packing my case' Day :D I'm out of here on Tues 28th

JimOttley
18th December 2010, 02:05
I hadn't really given it a lot of thought, but you are correct Apo, as the 26th is officially Christmas Sunday. I don't really care what day the 27th is, because for me it's 'Packing my case' Day :D I'm out of here on Tues 28th

Yes if your airport is open or your connecting airport is not in northern Europe, I can't believe the snow that has just fallen tonight here in Liverpool :( never seen anything like it even back home in Scotland.

RickyR
18th December 2010, 02:41
We'll be passing each other in the skies Englishman! Bet your looking forward to a bit of sunshine!

bornatbirth
18th December 2010, 09:30
i hope all your flights havent been cancelled :)

RickyR
18th December 2010, 09:36

I really hope mine does get cancelled. Would be a good excuse not to go back to work!

Englishman2010
18th December 2010, 09:40

I hope not, my flights were cancelled in April when the Icelandic volcano erupted. Looks like the current band of snow isn't going to hit the midlands:)

bornatbirth
18th December 2010, 09:51
where are you flying from?, klm have cancelled all filghts from amsterdamn.

stevewool
18th December 2010, 09:56
well i might have a few days up in yorkshire if the weather is good then after xmas might go to cornwall for a week, rather be in the phils but paying for 2 now so roll on next xmas thats when we will be going , i wish all whos flying a safe and pleasent trip and all a merry xmas too

RickyR
18th December 2010, 09:57
I'm flying Cebu-Hong Kong-Heathrow-Barcelona, departing on the evening of 26th December!

Englishman2010
18th December 2010, 13:01

KLM Brum to Amsterdam to Hong Kong, I'm not going for another 10 days, so I'm not too worried if they arent flying today

JimOttley
18th December 2010, 23:07

KL803 (Manila flight) made it out of Schipol yesterday 5 hours 40 minutes late at 19:40, today's KL803 was only half an hour late departing and two of the Liverpool-Schipol flights made it over one of them a couple of hours late the other just 50 minutes late but 2 other LPL-AMS flights were cancelled.

Englishman2010
18th December 2010, 23:18
I hope for everyone's sake who is travelling over the next few weeks, the weather clears up a bit. I haven't looked at the longer range forcast, on the basis the the balance of probabilities means that I can't be unlucky enough to have 2 separate trips to Asia delayed/cancelled out of my last 3:doh

tomboo
19th December 2010, 00:56
i will be still here in manila if anyone fancies a beer or 20

gWaPito
19th December 2010, 02:57
Englishman I hope you manage to get your flight on the 28th. I know how much you been looking forward to it so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. When we got back next October we will be flying either Singapore or KLM. God willing, we will have a baby and Jane's aunt in tow. I dont think the middle east will go down very well with all that waiting around! Good luck and enjoy your time in The Philippines