PDA

View Full Version : Where can we get this?

macky
1st December 2010, 13:32
A certificate issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM) confirming that the applicant is free from infectious tuberculosis (TB) Applies to all applicants aged 11 years and over.

tnx

Terpe
1st December 2010, 14:35
Hi macky

Please check this:-
www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/tbscreening/

Is this for Philippines? The UKBA website implies that you do not need
IOM certification.
Maybe just an X-ray is all thats needed?

Just for my interest where did you learn about this IOM requirement.

macky
1st December 2010, 14:43
tnx Terpe...sorry yes Phils.

macky
1st December 2010, 14:45
oh...so we dont need need TB check if we're from Phils?

Terpe
1st December 2010, 14:55
oh...so we dont need need TB check if we're from Phils?

According to the UKBA link you do not need IOM TB check or certification.

I have seen some posts here about X-Ray being done at UK airports upon arrival.
Hopefully someone with experience will respond about this.

macky
1st December 2010, 15:27
Hi:xxgrinning--00xx3: Terpe.. Just seen on one of the posts here..thought it was a general requirement..didnt know just certain countries apply on this..tnx much again:hubbahubba:

joebloggs
1st December 2010, 19:36
the phils is on the list of countries, if you can easily get an X-ray taken it might save you a bit of time when you land and if your stopped and asked if you have an X-ray with you, if not you might be asked to have one taken at the airport (more likely if you land in one of London's airports) if not you'll probably get a letter from a local clinic within a month or so asking you to attend for an X-ray to be taken,,

so which ever happens its should not a problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
2nd December 2010, 11:20
My ex-mrs was X-rayed at Heathrow (or was it Gatwick ? :Erm:) when she first arrived.

Only took 10 minutes or so. :)

axelandpixel
13th December 2010, 00:33
the phils is on the list of countries, if you can easily get an X-ray taken it might save you a bit of time when you land and if your stopped and asked if you have an X-ray with you, if not you might be asked to have one taken at the airport (more likely if you land in one of London's airports) if not you'll probably get a letter from a local clinic within a month or so asking you to attend for an X-ray to be taken,,

so which ever happens its should not a problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's right because I wasn't asked at Manchester airport when I got back. London's airport is stricter I think.