PDA

View Full Version : unmarried partner

cherrysorra
2nd December 2010, 19:17
hi im on married visa how can i change it into a unmarried partner so i can still stay and apply for flr. is it possible for to do that?

Terpe
3rd December 2010, 10:19
hi im on married visa how can i change it into a unmarried partner so i can still stay and apply for flr. is it possible for to do that?

What visa do you have right now?
Is it Marriage Visit visa? 6 months validity then return home
Fiance visa? Valid for initial 6 months to get married. Possible extension.
or Spouse visa? You came to UK as the wife.

Arthur Little
3rd December 2010, 21:07

:NoNo:, Cherry ... you need to be actually married before you can be eligible to apply for FLR.

Arthur Little
3rd December 2010, 21:17
What visa do you have right now?
Is it Marriage Visit visa? 6 months validity then return home
Fiance visa? Valid for initial 6 months to get married. Possible extension.
or Spouse visa? You came to UK as the wife.

It is my belief she's the holder of a Fiancee Visa at present, Terpe. And I've already explained to her [several times] that she will not be entitled to work (which is her main aim!) until she marries and subsequently applies for FLR. :rolleyes:

gWaPito
4th December 2010, 00:47
7 times Arthur Are you sure you not making that up? Anyway, i think being unmarried and getting an FLR is perfectly reasonable.

Arthur Little
4th December 2010, 01:50
*7 times Arthur Are you sure you not making that up? Anyway, i think being unmarried and getting an FLR is perfectly reasonable.

:NoNo: ... *several times, is what I said; can you think of reason(s) - other than coming to the UK as a fiancee/same sex partner and getting married here - why anyone from the Phils (or, indeed, any non-European country subject to Entry Clearance restrictions) would afterwards [normally] require to apply for FLR? :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
4th December 2010, 02:22
Okay ... "how about those who came here as an OFW ... or as a student?" ... you might ask. But for people in such categories, we're talking about a whole different 'ball game', surely! :rolleyes:

joebloggs
4th December 2010, 02:53
you must have been living in a relationship akin to marriage for at least two years to be able to apply for a unmarried partner visa.

gWaPito
4th December 2010, 04:09
Arthur, as Rod Stewart would say ' I was only joking my dear'. I was being sarcastic in a ha ha way. Dont worry Arthur, it goes over my wife's head as well. It made me chuckle when you said that you already mentioned it several times before. (+)

cherrysorra
7th December 2010, 18:58
sorry guys just confused im having hard times here that is y. but dont were getting married nxt week and ill apply for flr and i want to know the cost for tenebeing patient. god bless u all:)

Terpe
7th December 2010, 20:36
sorry guys just confused im having hard times here that is y. but dont were getting married nxt week and ill apply for flr and i want to know the cost for tenebeing patient. god bless u all:)

:Erm::Erm:
Can you explain further?? I'm having a senior moment :)