PDA

View Full Version : live concert

stevie c
3rd December 2010, 18:00
what is the best live concert you have ever been to.
mine was guns & roses when they were the original line up with axl rose & slash what a performance absolutely superb rock band:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
3rd December 2010, 21:53
nice one there steve, the O jays in a small place near niagra falls just happened to stumble on them a good night and not that big of a crowd, tried to see the boss once but just could not get the tickets while there too

laurel
3rd December 2010, 22:39
Many years ago Gary Numan at Hammersmith Odeon...............i'll wait for the insults ....please form an orderly queue:)

alanmf1
3rd December 2010, 23:05
Phil Collins @ Earls Court..... awesome value for money.. i think he stopped for 15mins over a 2 hour gig.....His drumming is just the best!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Come to think of it it was even greater value "freebe tickets! ":hubbahubba:

joebloggs
4th December 2010, 02:36
I saw James live at Manchester on their last day of their tour before they broke up in 2001 ( and got back together years later), it was filmed and sold on dvd, i'm somewhere in the crowd :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpb2Wt6HJHk

in fact when they were playing this song 'tomorrow' i phoned the misses on my mob in the phils and let her hear it, she said where the :censored: was I :D

Gotta keep faith that your path will change
Gotta keep faith that your luck will change tomorrow :rolleyes:

Tawi2
4th December 2010, 02:41
Shirley Bassey,during the 90's in Hong Kong,only went because a girlfriend took me,thoroughly enjoyed the performance and been a fan ever since:)

KeithD
4th December 2010, 10:30
Hmmm.... I don't go to crap gigs, all of them put on great shows, Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, Meatloaf, Michael Jackson, Status Quo, Scorpions, Hawkwind, Judas Priest, and so on :hubbahubba:

Sim11UK
4th December 2010, 10:55
Definately The Smiths...my all time favourite band...love them or hate them?

Joe, James were the support band :xxgrinning--00xx3: I also saw James at a Festival & I'm pretty sure I saw them somewhere else, but can't remember where? :Erm:

joebloggs
4th December 2010, 14:20

Joe, James were the support band :xxgrinning--00xx3: I also saw James at a Festival & I'm pretty sure I saw them somewhere else, but can't remember where? :Erm:

http://www.creativematch.com/newsfiles/salfordladsclub_smiths.jpg
I use to walk past the 'Salford's lads club' every time i went to college :D

smiths yes :xxgrinning--00xx3: but i like James better, their still having hits :D

i think we've posted this b4 sim, you can get much better than weller and marr :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKRdBHL6H0

joebloggs
4th December 2010, 14:24

not long after i first chatting to the misses (10yrs ago) , her mom was a lecturer at Palawan State Uni, and she up a chat room for her students which i joined and the first person i chatted to was telling me they were a smiths fan :rolleyes:

Sim11UK
4th December 2010, 15:40
Love the video Joe "What!...Johnny :censored: Marr!" :icon_lol: Thanks for posting :)

He's still got it & he's a bit older than me. :icon_sorry:

Yes we did have a 'conversation' about The Smiths before :xxgrinning--00xx3:...just an influential band.
I think they opened a lot of doors, for indie type bands, them & the likes of John Peel. They got very little Radio 1 daytime air play, but became very popular. The charts at the time, were full of Stock Aitken & Waterman pap!...Unfortunately, we seem to have gone back full circle, with the x factor.
:doh

Fortunately, we're lucky to have the internet now, so people can search out their own type of music & bands can get their message accross, a little easier.

Anybody still awake? :D

Gavanddal
7th December 2010, 08:19
Genesis on the Mama tour at the NEC. Saw them again at Wembley stadium but it was too big and lost the atmosphere.

Also the Les Miserables 25th anniversary concert at the O2 with my idol Lea Salonga.

sars_notd_virus
7th December 2010, 09:17
I've watched Metalica Live in Manila in the 90's...it was also a year when they released their black album.. 'Enter Sandman' for opening real cool :D:xxgrinning--00xx3: