PDA

View Full Version : New in Cambridge

glai2010
5th December 2010, 18:30
Hi!! I'm Glai and I'm seeking friendly Pinoys who I can get along with.. I've just arrived here a couple of weeks ago so I don't have any idea of where Pinoys here in Cambridge are hanging around during days off. I'm a very cheerful person with a good sense of humour.. :Wave:

alanmf1
5th December 2010, 18:39
Welcome to the Forum...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

glai2010
5th December 2010, 19:08

stevie c
5th December 2010, 19:13
Hi Glai a warm welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find many Pinoys there in Cambridge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
5th December 2010, 21:34
Welcome, hope you manage to meet up with some Pinoys...if not, us Brits are a friendly bunch really :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
5th December 2010, 22:41
hi!! im glai ... im a very cheerful person with sense of humour.. :Wave:

:Hellooo: ... and :welcomex: to our fellowship.

Arthur Little
5th December 2010, 22:49
im seeking friendly pinoys who i can get along with.. ive just arrived here couple of weeks ago so i dont have any idea of where pinoys here in cambridge hanging during day offs.

I'm sure you will find many Pinoys there in Cambridge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You will, indeed ... 'Lady J' is one Filipina I can think of for a start ... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th December 2010, 23:12
...if not, us Brits are a friendly bunch really :icon_lol:

:iagree:; there's Rosie ... who's British and lives in the area too ...

Arthur Little
5th December 2010, 23:29
... and I'm very sure these two ladies will be delighted to tell you about seasonal activities :xxparty-smiley-050: being held in your vicinity!

Terpe
6th December 2010, 06:36
:Wave: Hi glai2010, welcome to the forum :Wave:
Lots of friendly people here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

There is large Philippine community in Cambridge. Lots working at Addenbrooke's hospital.

May I also suggest a visit to:-

St Philip Howard Catholic Church
33 Walpole Road
Cherry Hinton
Cambridge
CB1 3TH

I'm sure you will meet many new friends there :)

mikey73
6th December 2010, 09:41
welcome :Hellooo:

glai2010
10th December 2010, 23:12
thanks so much all of u and merry christmas!!

Arthur Little
11th December 2010, 23:06
thanks so much all of u and merry christmas!!

:) ... it's a pleasure, Glai ... same to you, too!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
12th December 2010, 00:30
Hi Glai ...... welcome to Cambridge and the UK. Although I don't live or work in Cambridge, I visit my brother there in hospital several times a week and I take along my Filipina sister-in-law every weekend. She has been in the UK for 5 weeks now and is eager to make new friends too. It would be nice to meet and introduce you both sometime! If you leave me a message on my profile page with your email address, I will email you back.

In the meantime, I've recently discovered a gem of a little shop called Cho Mee in Mill Road, Cambridge. It's run by Chinese and it sells quite a bit of filipino foodstuffs, much to the delight of my sister in law, so we usually go there to stock up every other week or so.

I do hope that you settle in to your new home quickly and that you make some new friends soon. :Wave:

alanp
12th December 2010, 09:17
Hello and Welcome Glai :Hellooo:
I am sure you will find lots of Filipino friends the in cambridge and if you get really homesick for Filipino Foods that a trip to Stevenage there is a great Pinoy Shop there with lots of foods from home. including balut