PDA

View Full Version : tourist visa

stevewool
5th December 2010, 19:00
hi has any of our members tried to go to the usa for a holiday with there new partners if so was it easy trying to get the tourist visa for them:)

Arthur Little
5th December 2010, 22:27
hi has any of our members tried to go to the usa for a holiday with there new partners if so was it easy trying to get the tourist visa for them :)

Funny you should happen to ask this question, Steve ... I've often wondered the same thing, :rolleyes: and await the answer with interest!

Terpe
6th December 2010, 07:45
hi has any of our members tried to go to the usa for a holiday with there new partners if so was it easy trying to get the tourist visa for them:)

Steve, Emma will need to undertake an interview at USA Embassy to get a tourist visa.
Definitely do not book anything until the visa is granted.
The whole process is not too difficult, but they do ask loads of questions.

When we first looked into a US tourist visa a few years ago, the embassy kept mentioning that although travel would be OK entry was not automatic just on presentation of valid visa. So we decided to wait for her British Passport.

I have no idea if that's still the case. I'm sure there have been improvements during the past couple of years on that issue.

Better to study the requirements here:-
http://london.usembassy.gov/b2.html