PDA

View Full Version : Help.. Applying for Spouse Visa

andrew2010
6th December 2010, 15:31
Hello Everyone

So im a British guy who has just returned from Davao after marrying my wife who is Filipina. We got married on 26th of November. Now i am returning there for xmas to spend it with my new family.

We are applying for a spouse visa soon for my wife to come here in uk to live with me, but we are very worried of things going wrong and the application being denied (as most people are worried)

I have just opened a bank account which i plan to put a couple of thousand in so then they can see that i have savings. I will supply all the documents they require. We have just started to send eachother letters because all of our contact has been through yahoo and sms.

we are applying for it in around 1 month because we must first wait for passport to be changed to my surname. we have been told that after applying it usally takes 2 to 4 weeks for it to be issued.

We are both very worried about this and its not helping our health.

Please can anyone help us.

Thanks

andrew2010
6th December 2010, 19:16
Hello everyone.

Please help us

Sim11UK
6th December 2010, 21:01
Have a look for spouse visa, in the search function. It's regularly discussed here, but here's a very useful thread, from RickyR. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/26857-Applying-for-a-Fiance-or-Spouse-Visa-A-quick-guide?highlight=rickyr+spouse+visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
6th December 2010, 21:04
...Forgot to say, congrats on your recent marriage. :)

joebloggs
6th December 2010, 22:29
I have just opened a bank account which i plan to put a couple of thousand in so then they can see that i have savings. I will supply all the documents they require.

if there are disproportionate deposits and withdrawals in the bank statements, they should be explained in the sponsor's letter.

how long have you known each other, how many times have you met ?

Dakila
7th December 2010, 10:49
Hello andrew2010,

We have just started to send eachother letters because all of our contact has been through yahoo and sms.

Welcome and congratulations on your marriage!

The embassy will also accept any online correspondence, i.e. chat logs and emails if you have any.

Good luck with your application.

Regards,
Daks

purple
7th December 2010, 14:05
The embassy will also accept any online correspondence, i.e. chat logs and emails if you have any.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: That's right, I've included in my application plenty of screen shots of me and hubby chatting :) so it should help.

Terpe
7th December 2010, 14:13
Andrew,
Suggest you take a look at the info on this site. Study the application requirements, application form and the application guide. You will find all on the UKBA website.
Any questions, ask away any time. This forum is so active you will always get a reply soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
7th December 2010, 16:53
Hello Andrew Welcome here

check this link and search for our forum threads about spouse visa
http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/

Jenky
8th December 2010, 13:09
Congratulations on your marriage.

Most people here have had little or no problem with spouse visa applications. In my own humble opinion getting married in the Philippines was more difficult! Just as long as you are financially secure hopefully with regular employment and have somewhere where you and your wife can live together without claiming benefits etc, then you will have no problem

Arthur Little
8th December 2010, 13:26
here's a very useful thread, from RickyR. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/26857-Applying-for-a-Fiance-or-Spouse-Visa-A-quick-guide?highlight=rickyr+spouse+visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As Simon says ... a VERY useful thread, indeed! :xxgrinning--00xx3: