PDA

View Full Version : Respect and discipline army foundation college

les_taxi
6th December 2010, 16:18
These young soldiers to be have my full respect:xxgrinning--00xx3:

On Saturday night I took one of the young trainee soldiers back to the Army college after he had been Xmas shopping.

On Sunday morning I noticed a wallet on the car floor belonging to the guy I dropped off,inside were various cards,rail pass etc and £40 cash.

I managed to get a job from town up to the camp and went to the guard room to drop the wallet off.

Meanwhile the soldiers were patiently queuing outside the guard room to be allowed to "check out" and go into town.

Being a civvy I just barged in and went to front of queue:icon_lol:

While the Sergeant was sorting me out I was so impressed at the politeness of the guys who walked in,did a little pirouette,saluted and asked if they may get their pass :)

Meanwhile the sergeant took my details and thanked me for returning wallet intact and promised they would be in touch.

Over the course of the weekend I took many of the soldiers to and from camp,they are all excited as the 16th Dec is the passing out parade for the seniors.

All the family come up and it is a proud moment for all the family and a great event.

They are all looking forward to being deployed to their units and after further training will eventually end up in Afghanistan etc.

I asked do they look forward to being in Afghanistan and how do they feel about it.

Without question they all could not wait to serve their country and all agreed the Army was a great career choice for them and could not wait to get into the "action":xxgrinning--00xx3:

What a credit to this country:xxgrinning--00xx3: and I told them they have my total respect and that of the majority of the British public:)

If only we had more youngsters like these guys instead of the lazy,drug taking can't be arsed kids we see on the streets everyday,brought up by parents who often were the same and believed the state owes them everything.

And as for those ******* poppy burners and British soldiers burn in hell *******s,well jump in my taxi and I will show you where you can have a nice picnic,close to the ahem firing range at the college:icon_lol:

grahamw48
6th December 2010, 19:12
Well as you know, my dad did 30 years Royal Navy and then taught at the college for 15 years, so what can I say....except agree. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
6th December 2010, 19:42
The young men and women of all our Armed Forces put the majority of lazy, work shy, rude, dole scrounging youth to shame. Bring back National Service for a minimum of 2 years and ensure that the next generation of young adults has far more respect and manners than the current one

Dedworth
6th December 2010, 21:21
A sound post Les:iagree:

somebody
12th December 2010, 22:31
Some of the nicest people I have ever met were the soldiers who i met at the barracks in Victoria London. Nothing was to much effort, polite and always smiling and joking.

From officers to squadies and like you say they never complain about the poor condtions in the barracks and are so proud of their jobs even though especially the squadies are on very low wages:NoNo:

Id go for National service for all and id make sure its not just those at 16 or 18 any that missed from when they stopped it in the 50's would have to do. Would affect me but think it would be a good experince so why not :)

les_taxi
12th December 2010, 22:56
Some of the nicest people I have ever met were the soldiers who i met at the barracks in Victoria London. Nothing was to much effort, polite and always smiling and joking.

From officers to squadies and like you say they never complain about the poor condtions in the barracks and are so proud of their jobs even though especially the squadies are on very low wages:NoNo:

Id go for National service for all and id make sure its not just those at 16 or 18 any that missed from when they stopped it in the 50's would have to do. Would affect me but think it would be a good experince so why not :)

Totally agree with that:xxgrinning--00xx3:

JimOttley
12th December 2010, 23:07

Erm :Erm: you're a normally sensible guy Andy, you mean everyone in the country over 16 and under 68 :Erm: Can't remember when they ended national service but the last folk to do it would be over 68 ish now? So everyone else should be eligible? And would we include women?

What will we do to keep the economy going? I know, if everyone is in the army we can go to war with someone :yikes:

grahamw48
12th December 2010, 23:27
I did 18 years as a RN recruit, until I left home.

Bless my dad...he DID teach me how to polish shoes til he could see his face in them, wash the back of my neck, march, stand up straight, and be up at the crack of dawn. :)

Mum's dad was a Major in the Cheshire Regiment for 35 years too, so there was no escaping discipline. :NoNo:

somebody
12th December 2010, 23:46
Erm :Erm: you're a normally sensible guy Andy, you mean everyone in the country over 16 and under 68 :Erm: Can't remember when they ended national service but the last folk to do it would be over 68 ish now? So everyone else should be eligible? And would we include women?

What will we do to keep the economy going? I know, if everyone is in the army we can go to war with someone :yikes:

Two years solid training maybe not be pratical if all included and why just the army. The Nurses used to be as regimented as soldiers were i understand as were people in many jobs.

With all the flooding we could have people doing work to clear rivers and help bulid defences. During the snows instead of army on leave helping out people on call could be drafted in.

The flooding and snows have caused huge costs to the nation and its people.

Why not a Volunteer corp where people have to give time each year to the the country and its people. Would bring quite a few people back to earth.

We have people who are territorial forces and special police members who hold down jobs so just expanding that idea.

Yes I would include 60 odd year olds why not if you preach it for others be ready to do yourself. Always belived never ask others to do something you wouldn't do yourself..

Yes of course Women would be included.

grahamw48
13th December 2010, 00:00
There are 80,000 prisoners playing with their Xboxes and smoking dope fit enough to clear some snow. :angry:

somebody
13th December 2010, 00:02
There are 80,000 prisoners playing with their Xboxes and smoking dope fit enough to clear some snow. :angry:

Exactly...

Let the soldiers rest and make the Prisoners give something back..