PDA

View Full Version : P45 for Big Fat Sam

Dedworth
13th December 2010, 21:18
Blackburn have announced they have sacked manager Sam Allardyce.

Allardyce, 56, was relieved of his duties along with his assistant Neil McDonald by the club's new owners, the Venky's Group from India.

Rovers have lost three of their last five games, including a 2-1 defeat by his former club Bolton on Sunday.

"I am very shocked and disappointed to be leaving Blackburn," said Allardyce in a statement released through the League Managers' Association.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9283395.stm

KeithD
13th December 2010, 21:21
I didn't see that coming and it's not as though they are playing below normal standards.

Dedworth
13th December 2010, 21:24
I didn't see that coming

Sam didn't either ! Does he still talk on a headset to a bloke in the stand ? I doubt if he had an inkling of it either :D

tomboo
14th December 2010, 01:04
When will average team owners realise they own average clubs. for a team like Blackburn or the TOON to win the title they simply need to spend hundreds of millions. Otherwise their goal should be a european place. Blackburn were one point off 8th place. In my eyes it was so far so good for them

Englishman2010
14th December 2010, 10:16
Even an oligarchs billions can't buy success. Look at Chelsea, they may have won a few Premier Leagues but they are still awaiting European honours. No other English team is ever going to have the level of success or history that Utd or Liverpool have. It's not something you can buy, it has to be earned and won over a 40 or 50 year period, and these owners have to realise that. Blackburn and Chelsea may have both bought the premier league in recent times, but it never lasts because they don't have the history or the global support. Chelski have got through almost as many managers as the Toon in recent years

KeithD
14th December 2010, 10:51
I loved the commentator comment on Sunday, when the camera panned in on a Newcastle kid in the stands he said: "The kid can't be that old, he's probably only seen 12 managers" :laugher:

jimeve
14th December 2010, 13:11
Even an oligarchs billions can't buy success. Look at Chelsea, they may have won a few Premier Leagues but they are still awaiting European honours.s

Successful teams need a good Manager, plus money. Brian clough at Nottingham forest.

European Cup

* Winners: 1979, 1980

UEFA Super Cup

* Winners: 1979
* Runners-up: 1980
not bad eh.

Englishman2010
14th December 2010, 18:04
Successful teams need a good Manager, plus money. Brian clough at Nottingham forest.

European Cup

* Winners: 1979, 1980

UEFA Super Cup

* Winners: 1979
* Runners-up: 1980
not bad eh.

Cloughie was a one off, a genius. There are very few British Managers with really impressive CV's......Fergie, Clough, Busby, Shankley, Paisley....I can't think of anymore

Ako Si Jamie
14th December 2010, 22:17
Even though his style of football isn't particularly pleasing to watch, Allardyce isn't a bad manager. He knows how to wheel and deal and bring in decent players on the cheap. He did very well at Bolton and he was doing OK at Blackburn.

Like Chris Hughton last week, a strange decison.

bornatbirth
15th December 2010, 13:14
he wouldnt dress up as a chicken when on the touch line during a game to promote the new owners product :D