PDA

View Full Version : tourist visa or family visit

eileen
16th December 2010, 00:58
Hi all,

I had previously posted a thread here about "sole responsibility" as my daughter has been refused of a settlement visa. I have appealed against the ECO's decision and the reply we have got is to wait until March 2011 for the decision.

I am faced with another dilemma again. My boyfriend wants to sponsor my older daughter who is graduating from college in March. He is British with a good paying and stable job and owns a two-bedroom maisonette. I have checked the requirements/checklist on the UKBA website. My boyfriend will support my daughter's trip and holiday here in the UK. We are planning for a two-week holiday for her here. However, I am confused whether she needs to apply for a family visit and me as her sponsor as I have an ILR or a general visitor visa and my boyfriend as her sponsor. She will be graduating in March and that holiday will be my boyfriend's graduation gift to her. But to show evidence that she is going back is quite difficult for me and yet she really needs to go back to the Philippines as she will attend review classes for her nursing board exams. Shall include a certificate of enrollment to prove that she will attend review classes in the Philippines? Please advise me so I would know what to do.

Thanks a lot.

joebloggs
16th December 2010, 11:53
do you live with your b/f ?
but your right if your b/f is the sponsor it have to be a visit visa.
if you sponsor her then a family visit visa and co-support from your b/f.

eileen
16th December 2010, 12:53
i don't live with my boyfriend as i am based in Berkshire and he lives in Essex. Is it ok if he would sponsor my daughter? They have been in contact through Facebook and would that suffice to establish that they have been friends-to establish their relationship. HOw would he co-support me then if i sponsor my daughter for a family visit?

Thanks for the reply, Joebloggs, i really appreciate it :)