PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone in the UK Filipino community.

MikeinYork
16th December 2010, 09:05
Hi.My name is Michael ,I live in York and I am married to a lovely lady called Dina who is from Iloilo City In the Western Visayas region of the Philippines.
We got married on April 10th this year 2010 in Iloilo City and are now living here in York UK.
Dina has a BA in English. obtained from WVSU Iloilo in 2000. She has taught at all levels both in the Philippines and more recently taught Science with Integrated English at a Catholic college in Thailand.
We were told that she can teach for 4 years in the UK before having obtain the UK PGCE.
She has applied for many teaching jobs and TA jobs too but to no avail. I really feel sad for her because she really is a good teacher and loves children. I really hope she can get a decent job here in the future.
She will go back to university eventually after obtaining her citizenship here.
Thanks for listening all...Chat any time...Mike.

mickcant
16th December 2010, 12:35
Hello Mike.:Wave:
Welcome to the forum, I cannot help on the job search but I hope somone will be able to.
Mick.:)

alanmf1
16th December 2010, 12:42
Hi Mike & Dina,
:)Welcome to the Forum...
Im sure you will receive good advice here soon...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Keep posting...:Wave:

Englishman2010
16th December 2010, 13:42
Welcome, and I hope that you wife manages to find a suitable post very soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
16th December 2010, 13:59
Welcome to the forum Mike, nice intro. Lets hope Dina has luck in the new year :)

mikey73
16th December 2010, 14:44
hi mike
:Hellooo:welcome:Hellooo:

stevewool
16th December 2010, 21:07
hi there welcome and a great place you live too

grahamw48
16th December 2010, 21:48
Hi Mike and Dina. Welcome to you both, from a fellow 'Yorkie' :)

I suppose it's possible that the govt. cuts may have something to do with the lack of work, but good luck anyway.

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 03:14
Hi.My name is Michael ,I live in York and I am married to a lovely lady called Dina who is from Iloilo City In the Western Visayas region of the Philippines.
We got married on April 10th this year 2010 in Iloilo City and are now living here in York UK.
Dina has a BA in English. obtained from WVSU Iloilo in 2000. She has taught at all levels both in the Philippines and more recently taught Science with Integrated English at a Catholic college in Thailand.
We were told that she can teach for 4 years in the UK before having obtain the UK PGCE.
She has applied for many teaching jobs and TA jobs too but to no avail. I really feel sad for her because she really is a good teacher and loves children. I really hope she can get a decent job here in the future.
She will go back to university eventually after obtaining her citizenship here.
Thanks for listening all...Chat any time...Mike.

:welcomex: to the filipino/uk forum, Mike. I can empathise with Dina, as my wife, Myrna graduated with a BSc in Agricultural Science & Animal Husbandry from the University of the S.E. Philippines. And ... despite having taught for 22 years back home ... she's been told she needs to update her qualifications in order to be eligible for a teaching career in Scotland.

Terpe
17th December 2010, 09:56
:Hellooo: Hi Mike, a warm welcome to the forum :Wave: