PDA

View Full Version : Losing Hope

cessxy
17th December 2010, 11:37
Its been 3 weeks and 3 days since I applied for my spouse visa. Till now I havent receive any news from them since I receive a text message from them On Nov 30 saying that it is already processed in the british embassy. Losing hope now that I cant celebrate christmas with my hubby. I know that I submitted the right documents that they need. But I cant understand why until now they cant make any decision. It's hard for us to wait longer because we have already plan for this coming holiday. So frustrated for this :doh

This is the documents that I submitted on Nov 23
1. Sponsor's Passport
Sponsor's Birthcertificate
2. Sponsor's Official Copy Of Register of Title
New Mortgage Statement
House Photo
3. Sponsor's monthly budget plan
Bank Letter
6 months bank statement ( no overdraft)
P60 2010, 2009, 2008
6 months pay slip
5. Sponsor Letter of Support
6. Telephone Bills
Emails
Print Screen of Chat messages in Yahoo Messenger
Skype Call Logs
7. My Birthcertificate
8. Marriage Contract NSO
Original Marriage Certificate
9. Sponsor's Divorce Paper
Certificate of No Impedement
10. My Children Birthcertificate
11. Supporting documents
~ In-laws letter of support
~ Council Tax Bill
~ Sponsor's shares
~ Sponsor's savings
~ Sponsor's work contract
~ Sponsor's Pension Plan
~ Sponsor's Company Benefits Details (Brochure)
~ Sponsor's Utility Bills
~ Sponsor's Children Financial Support
~ Our wedding and holiday photos
~ Sponsor's parents emails
~ Sponsor's children chat logs
~ Western Union Receipt
~ Wedding Receipt
~ Holiday Statement Account
~ Contract of lease where we stay
~ Business License
~ Contract Lease of my tenants
~ Letter of my Parents to the british embassy to look after my kids while im not here

Ohhh ECO why do you make this hard for us :doh lol

joebloggs
17th December 2010, 11:57
just because some people were lucky to get a spouse visa in a few days your complaining about 3 wks :D, it was only a year ago many people were waiting for 3 months or more for their visa, years ago i had to complain because they were taking so long :doh

so stop worrying, if there was a problem you would probably had a call from the embassy by now or a refusal. you'll just have to wait and hope for the best :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
17th December 2010, 12:14
Don't Panic, Purple's recent application took about a month

cessxy
17th December 2010, 12:23
just because some people were lucky to get a spouse visa in a few days your complaining about 3 wks :D, it was only a year ago many people were waiting for 3 months or more for their visa, years ago i had to complain because they were taking so long :doh

so stop worrying, if there was a problem you would probably had a call from the embassy by now or a refusal. you'll just have to wait and hope for the best :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ohhh Nooo! I dont want to experience waiting for 3 months lol.. I gonna be in Mental hospital at that time :D

bornatbirth
17th December 2010, 12:29
you should have to wait 6 weeks at least and im glad you waited and didnt give any bank statements which was overdrawn...just try and be patient, i hope you havent made plans already and will need to cancel them :D

cessxy
17th December 2010, 12:44
you should have to wait 6 weeks at least and im glad you waited and didnt give any bank statements which was overdrawn...just try and be patient, i hope you havent made plans already and will need to cancel them :D

Yep.. anyway I receive email from VFS cuz I ask them whats going on to my application this is what they said. "Your application is still at the Visa section of the British Embassy Manila for evaluation. It was delivered to the British Embassy last 23 November 2010. For Settlement visa applications the visa section of the embassy targets to process applications in 3 months. There will be one of 3 possible outcomes: Issuance of visa, Refusal of visa, or Interview. If an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) decides to require an interview, our office will inform her of the interview date and procedure. This could be done by calling her at her residence or by sending her a text message through her mobile."

SO theres a possibility that I need to wait for 3 months ?:NoNo:
Hubby planning is planning to book a flight going here on January if we will not receive any news from Embassy till next week.

bornatbirth
17th December 2010, 12:52
3 months is the standard waiting time but you should expect it after 6 weeks at the most, dont plan or book anything until you have the visa as there could be a delay, the reply you got was just to tell you that it was being processed, fingers crossed lets hope you get it sooner than later :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

mickcant
17th December 2010, 14:33
When my wife and I applied for her Spousal settlement visa in 2009 it took over 3 months
You should be ok:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 17:02
It's early days yet, Cess ... as others have explained, it isn't so long ago that applicants could expect to wait for up to three months. Sure ... some folk seem to've been extremely lucky in recent times, but 6 weeks is now regarded as being about average. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
17th December 2010, 21:01
I also had to wait for almost 3 weeks before I got my visa so don't worry you'll soon get yours, might be before Christmas :xxgrinning--00xx3:

belle29
18th December 2010, 18:05
think positive it will be alright. mine only took 2 days im just lucky :) at that time and also you have to remember that they are really busy be patient :xxgrinning--00xx3:

purple
19th December 2010, 06:17
Hi cessxy... I too applied my spouse visa last 09 Nov. 2010 and it took them more than 3 weeks to process the visa and like you I was worried and frustrated because some submitted their applications and got their visas right away.

In the end I got my visa and it was a relief.

You must consider though that UK Embassy is very busy at this time of year.. for lots of reunions going on and plenty of holidays... so rest assured that it will be a good news.
It always take them a day to refuse a visa... so for sure they are working and processing your visa.

Don't worry.. I got mine by Dec. 9.... that is exactly 1 month till I got my visa.

eula mackay
19th December 2010, 20:42
Try to relax whilst waiting for the decision. I've been there and I know full well like you do that all this worrying will not help you achieve the outcome you are hoping for.

3 weeks and 3 days seems like a lifetime I know, although realistically not long enough to loose hope on as it is still well within the processing time.

Im sure you will here the good news soon!