PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Christmas??

sars_notd_virus
20th December 2010, 22:46
Hi everyone!!! shopping, gifts , party, work , 5 days to go ..... and its Christmas!!!!
:holiday08::holiday08::holiday08::holiday08::holiday08:

..Everybody ready????

bornatbirth
20th December 2010, 22:49
we have one more present to get and the food shopping then we are all done :D

turkey and rice for xmas lunch :hubbahubba:

Tawi2
20th December 2010, 22:53
we have one more present to get
is it MINE?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
20th December 2010, 22:57
turkey and rice for xmas lunch :hubbahubba:

Not Balut and roast potatoes/parsnips:NoNo:

bornatbirth
20th December 2010, 22:58
is it MINE?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hmmmm...what do you get the man who spent the last year in the philipines...nothing :icon_lol:

you can come round and help the wife with her new stock of dried fish :D

gWaPito
20th December 2010, 23:02
Food shopping tomorrow, my rest day. As for pressys, we got those start of the month. So, yes We are on top of it.

bornatbirth
20th December 2010, 23:06
Not Balut and roast potatoes/parsnips:NoNo:

we will have a very full traditional xmas lunch, rice will get a day off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
20th December 2010, 23:10
we will have a very full traditional xmas lunch, rice will get a day off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Best Xmas day lunch I had was Steak, fried egg and chips in a beach shack in Goa about 10 years ago, looking out on to the beach and the various sandmen and sand santa's I'd sculpted out of the beach :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
20th December 2010, 23:51
Everyone is getting pickled onions of me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
21st December 2010, 00:10
Everyone is getting pickled onions of me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

do we get cheese and crackers too :Erm:

mindanao
21st December 2010, 00:18
the pig for lechon hasnt arrived yet.:doh

RickyR
21st December 2010, 04:15
yeah all prepared here, toys bought for the kids. Picked up some christmas crackers and christmas puds in November when I had a 4 hour transit in London Heathrow.
We have a lot of family with us for Noche Buena, but the mother in law will be cooking that (I bought them a Queso de Bola / Edam Ball), so don't need to worry about that. Then Christmas Day will just be close family for Dinner.
I was originally going to do Turkey, Mashed Potato, Veg and Yorkshire Puds, but after I did home made Chicken Kiev, they've decided they want that instead, but still with Yorkshire Puds for Christmas Dinner.
Then Boxing Day, I head back to Barcelona to take a yacht across to the pond to Miami.

febmary
21st December 2010, 07:23
Guys,

Just wanted to greet all of you! Have a Merry, Merry Christmas. A time to cheer, family reunion, carollers, food trips, Party party! Hope you have a great time spend with your family, friends and love ones.:):):)

Englishman2010
21st December 2010, 09:39
Then Boxing Day, I head back to Barcelona to take a yacht across to the pond to Miami.

How the other half live Ricky ;)

Seriously, I realise it's work not play - hope you and your family have a great Xmas:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
21st December 2010, 10:03
All ready now for Xmas.
A few more cards to deliver around the village on our Christmas Eve walk.
Oh, and still need to collect the lovely plump capon from the local butcher on Friday morning.
Always have the full traditional xmas lunch with all the trimmings. It will take me all morning on xmas day to prepare and cook, but I love to do it. Plenty of chefs liquid treats too.
First time Carina was here for xmas we did have turkey but she didn't really like it.
She just loves yorkshire pudding. Yesterday I bought and tried the Aunt Bessies yorkshire puddings that are frozen batter in foil cups. Just cook for 20 mins or so.
Not bad at all, in fact Carina said she prefers those to my home made. So I will have to buy another box for the big day.
Merry Christmas one and all.

Doc Alan
21st December 2010, 10:04
..Everybody ready????
Yes ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Keep the cheerful posts coming over Christmas, I'm happy to read everyone's plans :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I just don't read the posts which have no relevance to the forum :NoNo:

Englishman2010
21st December 2010, 10:23
This will be my first Xmas as a single dad and I want to make sure my kids enjoy it. My son has had a big say in what we eat at Christmas - Definitely NO sprouts and lots of real meat, he's a carnivore just like me:D:D We're having a stuffed pheasant and stuffed chicken breasts with chargrilled mediterranean veg. Forget tradition, we're having what we like, and I don't want lots of leftovers going to waste.
On the other hand, if I'd let my daughter choose what we have for Xmas dinner, it would be chocolate, sweets, cakes and more chocolate:icon_lol:

RickyR
21st December 2010, 12:33
Now that sounds like a good Christmas dinner Englishman!

Englishman2010
21st December 2010, 13:06
Now that sounds like a good Christmas dinner Englishman!

Which one? My daughters idea :yikes:

purple
21st December 2010, 18:52
Which one? My daughters idea :yikes:

That is my idea of Christmas too Englishman!

Christmas will be spent on skype with hubby's family in england and by boxing day with family back at my parents place along with my children, brother's family and first degree cousins over turkey, adobo, pansit, and unwrapping the xmas gifts.

I'm excited about my hubby's first Christmas Eve here in the Phils where firecrackers/fireworks dominate at 12 midnight :Jump::Jump::Jump:

My 3 neighbors are already in Christmas festive moods... karaoke all together plus the carolers.. oh what a joy of christmas!

sars_notd_virus
22nd December 2010, 15:34
Looks like most of us have Christmas under control, we are having Christmas dinner down brothers' so no cooking or dishes for us yehey !! ..we will bring our karaoke machine so we are expecting a lot of singing !! my first Christmas with my new family!! :holiday08::holiday08::holiday08:.....and we have snow to make it complete,what a lovely white Christmas!!!

Happy Christmas and God bless everyone!!!

raynaputi
22nd December 2010, 23:25
All set for the Christmas here for me too...the whole family will be at Cavite just like last year...and oh, gotta prepare for the massive naughty and super kulit kids for this weekend! :omg:

jimeve
23rd December 2010, 12:07
This is a Xmas I wish was over already gone, I thought this was the 21st century. all my appliances blown up, the insurance won't do anything till the new year. this country is getting more like a third world country all the time.
Have a nice Xmas.

sars_notd_virus
24th December 2010, 16:58
Christmas Eve!!! 12midnight!!! My Family in the Philippines is celebrating Christmas already,lechon,lumpiang shanghai,meatloaf,pansit,suman,buko pandan
Merry Christmas Philippines!!!:holiday08::holiday08:

Englishman2010
24th December 2010, 17:10
Christmas Eve!!! 12midnight!!! My Family in the Philippines is celebrating Christmas already,lechon,lumpiang shanghai,meatloaf,pansit,suman,buko pandan
Merry Christmas Philippines!!!:holiday08::holiday08:

Merry Christmas Philippines, still another 8 hours to go here, but for anyone over there already have a great Christmas:)

alanmf1
24th December 2010, 17:12
Indeed MERRY CHRISTMAS Philippines!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump: