PDA

View Full Version : firecrackers..anyone have?

mindanao
21st December 2010, 00:25
while travelling this week, i saw small makeshift stalls lining the streets/ highways of nearby provinces. ask them what is that for? Ma'am its for the firecrackers and other pyrotechnics for christmas and new year:Hellooo: Upon arriving Davao, I haven't seen one of those. Davao City totally banned selling of firecrackers or even lighting one. :omg:

RickyR
21st December 2010, 04:24
Davao City, the strictest city in the Philippines! Break the rules at your own risk! haha.
Unfortunately here in Cebu, we have no such luck, will be a noisy few weeks!

mindanao
21st December 2010, 04:31
:doh right ricky, am trying to find one so i can lit some.. all i got was the small sparklers:icon_lol:

Tawi2
25th December 2010, 12:53
Some of the smaller firecrackers are lethal,I blew a coke can apart with one,a friend in Manila had a son whose hand was damaged when he held onto one just a second too long,he was only a kid about 8 years old back then:NoNo:Reminds me of the blast fishermen you sometimes see around Zambo,one hand,scarred face,and deaf due to holding their carbide bombs and mis-timing the fuse.

joebloggs
25th December 2010, 14:08
my old boss stupidly decided to hold a Catherine wheel in his hand :yikes:
his finger were stuck together as his skin burnt:yikes::doh

Englishman2010
25th December 2010, 15:43
my old boss stupidly decided to hold a Catherine wheel in his hand :yikes:
his finger were stuck together as his skin burnt:yikes::doh

I'm not a fan of fireworks, they should be banned for sale to the public, and only used by trained pyrotechnic experts at organised displays. Sorry if it's not entering into the Christmas spirit, but some of the fireworks on sale these days are like mini bombs

fred
25th December 2010, 17:16
his finger were stuck together as his skin burnt

look on the bright side.
I bet he`s a better swimmer then he was before.

mindanao
25th December 2010, 23:30
Pinas had lots of firecrackers related accident happening during xmas and new year. That prompted Mayor Digong to ban firecrackers. My workmate from Tagum spent around 5000 for the paputok.:omg: That's a lot of money going to burn .:Erm:

HEY New Year is in few days I am excited to see the pyrotechnics display during the midnight of 31st. That's all we can get here.

Tawi2
26th December 2010, 12:28
firecrackers related accident happening during xmas and new year
More dangerous at this time of year,particularly new years eve,are the trigger happy drunken loons who loose off their weapons indescriminately and kill innocents,I remember a few years ago reading of one guy who fired a shot into the ceiling killing a kid sleeping upstairs :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
26th December 2010, 19:51
More dangerous at this time of year,particularly new years eve,are the trigger happy drunken loons who loose off their weapons indescriminately and kill innocents,I remember a few years ago reading of one guy who fired a shot into the ceiling killing a kid sleeping upstairs :rolleyes:

I used to spend every Xmas and New Year in Goa in the late 90's and early 00's, they used to go crazy for firecrackers and any other fireworks they could get. The beach shacks had parties most nights and the 11 or 12 yr old poor migrant kids from Karnataka used to hold Roman Candles in each hand or above their heads while they were in full flow:yikes: I never saw any really bad injuries, but most nights at least one of the kids would have a few burns blisters on their hands

Arthur Little
27th December 2010, 00:12
Davao City, the strictest city in the Philippines! Break the rules at your own risk! haha.

It's certainly Strict - with a capital "S"! :Smokin:, for instance, is only permitted in certain designated areas ... even though the dense reek emissions from street barbecue spits seem to be tolerated in the suburbs.

Arthur Little
27th December 2010, 00:31
Davao City totally banned selling of firecrackers or even lighting one. :omg:

Lasting legacy of Mayor Duterte', I expect! :rolleyes: Tagum City, 55km distant - in Davao del Norte' Province - doesn't seem to be affected ... at least it wasn't during the 2008/9 festive period when I was there!

Arthur Little
27th December 2010, 00:38
I'm not a fan of fireworks, they should be banned for sale to the public, and only used by trained pyrotechnic experts at organised displays. Sorry if it's not entering into the Christmas spirit, but some of the fireworks on sale these days are like mini bombs

:iagree: with you Ian ... nor am I a fan! But, like you, I wouldn't wish to come across as being a "damp squib"! :NoNo:

Tawi2
27th December 2010, 00:49
Lasting legacy of Mayor Duterte'
The mayor is still a Duterte,its his daughter Sara :icon_lol: Rody Duterte is now vice-mayor :)

Tawi2
27th December 2010, 10:28
Cops in Manila have been told they cant throw firecrackers nor discharge their weapons into the air to herald in 2011 so as to set a "Good example":icon_lol:

Englishman2010
27th December 2010, 11:07
Cops in Manila have been told they cant throw firecrackers nor discharge their weapons into the air to herald in 2011 so as to set a "Good example":icon_lol:

Can you imagine if the cops in Trafalgar Square did that

Tawi2
27th December 2010, 11:54
Can you imagine if the cops in Trafalgar Square did that
Pinoy cops are a law unto themselves sometimes,I once asked a cop a specific address in Manila,he was a motorbike cop and next thing I knew I was on the back of his bike weaving in and out of traffic as he dropped me off at the place I was looking for,that was back in the early '90's :icon_lol: Another time I was on a superferry doing an overnight journey,I bought drinks for 2 cops,both were slightly pickled and we started chatting about side-arms,one of them unholstered his piece and insisted I discharge it over the side of the boat:NoNo:I said it would wake sleeping passangers,he told me take no notice of them,just shoot it :icon_lol: A mate of mine was mugged years ago in ermita,he sat in the back of a cop car while they drove around the area looking for likely suspects,he spotted one guy who he thought might have been involved,coppers pulled over and punched the guy to the ground before bringing him over to the car :yikes:My mate had mistakenly identified an innocent guy but he told me for the short time he rode in the cop car it was like he had the power of god,his provate cops who would beat up anyone he pointed out :icon_lol:

Tawi2
27th December 2010, 12:02
firecrackers..anyone have?
Did you watch TV patrol earlier about the kids in hospital in manila because they were burnt at christmas time with Picolo firecrackers?They injured their eyes and hands.:NoNo: They are cheap,maybe 10-15 pesos for a box containing a dozen?

mindanao
27th December 2010, 13:33
dense reek emissions from street barbecue spits seem to be tolerated in the suburbs. :xxgrinning--00xx3: smelling those makes me hungry :hubbahubba:

Did you watch TV patrol earlier about the kids in hospital in manila because they were burnt at christmas time with Picolo firecrackers yes , flash report on tv as well as many local reports of burnt fingers due to various firecrackers blowing on their hands:bigcry:

mindanao
27th December 2010, 13:33
dense reek emissions from street barbecue spits seem to be tolerated in the suburbs. :xxgrinning--00xx3: smelling those makes me hungry :hubbahubba:

Did you watch TV patrol earlier about the kids in hospital in manila because they were burnt at christmas time with Picolo firecrackers yes , flash report on tv as well as many local reports of burnt fingers due to various firecrackers blowing on their hands:bigcry:

Tawi2
28th December 2010, 11:40
Couple of firecracker stores caught fire and burnt down last night wasnt there,in Ipil(zamboanga sibugay province)?

Arthur Little
29th December 2010, 02:12
Couple of firecracker stores caught fire and burnt down last night wasnt there,in Ipil(zamboanga sibugay province)?

:omg: ... how horrble!!

Arthur Little
29th December 2010, 02:17
:omg: ... how horrble!!

Hopefully ... since it happened at night-time ... there were no casualties!!! :doh

mindanao
29th December 2010, 05:14
no casualties arthur as what the news report says. However with 2 days more to go till 31 midnight, pretty sure some will have burnt hands:doh

mindanao
29th December 2010, 11:51
hey , heard on TV about the firecrackers named Goodbye Phils , Goodbye Earth and the most lethal is called Bin Laden :omg: strange names. Police are saying that those 3 named firecrackers are little bombs made from Bocaue.:cwm23: Please please don't :NoNo:ever try lighting one of those

Bought trumpets for my nieces and nephews, instead:)

macculumsean
29th December 2010, 13:51
i have ordered them online . . . !!!
there are many sites which offers them online .

Terpe
29th December 2010, 14:36
i have ordered them online . . . !!!
there are many sites which offers them online .

Is it allowed ??
I thought such items not allowed to ship or post :omg: