PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from a 'Scouser' in Manila :)

espressolover83
23rd December 2010, 18:36
Hi everyone,

I've just come across this website as I am looking into information re living/working in the UK. I've always been an anglophile, and love everything about the UK - but have never been!!! :) Must be the English football that lures me in.

I'm also heavily Westernised, and aside from the football, I like British humour i.e. Black Adder, Allo Allo, The Fawlty Towers, Catherine Tate, The Office, Coupling etc.

Also - looking into going to the UK in the near future for a holiday. Might want to relocate in the future too, so just keeping options open and up to date with the ever-changing UK Immigration Laws!

Maligayong Pasko to all!

Cheers
EL83

alanmf1
23rd December 2010, 18:41
Hello & Welcome....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Merry Xmas to you..:santa:

fred
23rd December 2010, 18:43
Blimey!! You must be a posh geezer from Manila with better cable T.V than I ever had!!
Welcome to the forum BTW!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Maligayong Pasko!

Englishman2010
23rd December 2010, 19:09
Welcome to the forum:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck with your future plans

grahamw48
23rd December 2010, 20:12
Hi, and welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas and are you a young lady ?... and if so, I'm a lonely old man looking to meet anyone who likes Fawlty Towers.

I have modelled myself on Basil Fawlty....ie, tall dark and handsome...and slightly mad. :crazy:

:D

Englishman2010
23rd December 2010, 21:16
Hi, and welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas and are you a young lady ?... and if so, I'm a lonely old man looking to meet anyone who likes Fawlty Towers.

I have modelled myself on Basil Fawlty....ie, tall dark and handsome...and slightly mad. :crazy:

:D

Graham's on the pull again:icon_lol:

Terpe
23rd December 2010, 21:30
:Hellooo: Hi espressolover82, welcome to the forum :Wave:

Good luck in your quest and merry Christmas

bornatbirth
24th December 2010, 00:02

the image of a hitler comes to mind :icon_lol:

grahamw48
24th December 2010, 00:48
Who me ? :Erm:

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/2075/mehitleruniform.jpg

espressolover83
27th December 2010, 09:51
Fred - Well, I either watch at home or at the sports pubs. :) Mind you, it is way better to watch at the pubs as

LOL Graham :) I like Manuel though :P

I hope everyone is havign a festive holiday season!

Cheers

Manila_Paul
2nd January 2011, 14:12
Hi everyone,

I've just come across this website as I am looking into information re living/working in the UK. I've always been an anglophile, and love everything about the UK - but have never been!!! :) Must be the English football that lures me in.

I'm also heavily Westernised, and aside from the football, I like British humour i.e. Black Adder, Allo Allo, The Fawlty Towers, Catherine Tate, The Office, Coupling etc.

Also - looking into going to the UK in the near future for a holiday. Might want to relocate in the future too, so just keeping options open and up to date with the ever-changing UK Immigration Laws!

Maligayong Pasko to all!

Cheers
EL83

Good luck to you but it is getting very difficult now with these Liberal Tory idiots in office. They are clueless on most things but particularly immigration.

Good stuff on the British TV and football. I always ask people here what they know about the UK or what is the first thing that comes to mind about the UK. Half the time they mention the Royal Family (and not the TV show) and some just stare blankly and can't think of anything. :NoNo: I suppose that is Americanisation for ya!

Whereabouts in Manila are you?

Arthur Little
3rd January 2011, 01:26
Hi everyone,

Maligayong Pasko to all!

Cheers
EL83

Compliments of the Season to you, too ... and :welcomex: to the filipino/uk forum.

espressolover83
5th January 2011, 00:58
Good luck to you but it is getting very difficult now with these Liberal Tory idiots in office. They are clueless on most things but particularly immigration.

Good stuff on the British TV and football. I always ask people here what they know about the UK or what is the first thing that comes to mind about the UK. Half the time they mention the Royal Family (and not the TV show) and some just stare blankly and can't think of anything. :NoNo: I suppose that is Americanisation for ya!

Whereabouts in Manila are you?

Hey there Manila_Paul - I am not surprised with the reaction you get. I reckon not alot of folks here also know that Prince William is getting married this year, well, if they know all about the Royal Family (yes, not the TV show! Haha) Most people I know want to go to America, but I sometimes stick out like a sore thumb for wanting to relocate in the UK! :) I live in Mandaluyong, in between Makati and Ortigas :)

Happy New Year all!

Manila_Paul
7th January 2011, 14:53
Hey there Manila_Paul - I am not surprised with the reaction you get. I reckon not alot of folks here also know that Prince William is getting married this year, well, if they know all about the Royal Family (yes, not the TV show! Haha) Most people I know want to go to America, but I sometimes stick out like a sore thumb for wanting to relocate in the UK! :) I live in Mandaluyong, in between Makati and Ortigas :)

Oh, I'm not far from you then. I'm in Ortgas itself, just across from the Megamall. If you fancy meeting for a coffee one day let me know. :)

espressolover83
7th January 2011, 17:00
Oh, I'm not far from you then. I'm in Ortgas itself, just across from the Megamall. If you fancy meeting for a coffee one day let me know. :)

Oh how nice. You're near where I am! That would be fantastic. I am not sure how we can PM each other, I am pretty new to the forum and I don't think I am allowed to send you a PM yet. Further to that, I am not sure if it is permitted to give your email address in the forum for another forum member to get in touch with you.

Any brighter ideas - I am keen to know :)

Manila_Paul
9th January 2011, 12:24
Oh how nice. You're near where I am! That would be fantastic. I am not sure how we can PM each other, I am pretty new to the forum and I don't think I am allowed to send you a PM yet. Further to that, I am not sure if it is permitted to give your email address in the forum for another forum member to get in touch with you.

Any brighter ideas - I am keen to know :)

Yes, I can't PM yet either but e-mail should be okay. Mine is: paulmn@blueyonder.co.uk.

Tawi2
9th January 2011, 12:35
Mandaluyong
Inside or out?(pinoy joke)

espressolover83
9th January 2011, 15:51
Inside or out?(pinoy joke)

Haha. I see you've caught up with that.

OUT! :)

or atleast I think so...!

Oh btw. FA Cup 3rd round and it's currently ManU 1 - nil Liverpool, Berbatov scored after 3mns into the game for a goal from a penalty kick.. !@#$

Ako Si Jamie
9th January 2011, 18:06
Poorest Man Utd team I've seen in a long while and they had to cheat to win the game. Can't wait for them to come up against the likes of Barca in the CL and given a damn good thumping :icon_lol:

espressolover83
9th January 2011, 20:07
Poorest Man Utd team I've seen in a long while and they had to cheat to win the game. Can't wait for them to come up against the likes of Barca in the CL and given a damn good thumping :icon_lol:

Tell me about it - Man Utd is playing badly, but they are still winning!!!!

Ako Si Jamie
9th January 2011, 21:26
Tell me about it - Man Utd is playing badly, but they are still winning!!!!
Their luck will run out soon.

By the way here's a link to TV channels in the UK plus a whole load of other countries.

The UK listings are on the right but you need to scroll down. Bear in mind that not all of them work all of the time.

http://www.tvpc.com/ChannelList.php

espressolover83
10th January 2011, 05:47
Their luck will run out soon.

By the way here's a link to TV channels in the UK plus a whole load of other countries.

The UK listings are on the right but you need to scroll down. Bear in mind that not all of them work all of the time.

http://www.tvpc.com/ChannelList.php

Thanks for this, Jamie. I'll be sure to check them out.
Btw my new hero is Uncle Andy. :-)

Ako Si Jamie
10th January 2011, 20:43
Thanks for this, Jamie. I'll be sure to check them out.
Btw my new hero is Uncle Andy. :-)
Uncle Andy? :Erm: Heard of Uncle Albert but never Uncle Andy.

espressolover83
11th January 2011, 08:29
Uncle Andy? :Erm: Heard of Uncle Albert but never Uncle Andy.

Uncle Andy of Give My Head Peace!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/gmhp/

Ako Si Jamie
14th January 2011, 00:42
Uncle Andy of Give My Head Peace!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/gmhp/OK :xxgrinning--00xx3: