PDA

View Full Version : only 4 more sleeps :D

Englishman2010
24th December 2010, 07:55
...not till Christmas, but until I head out to Hong Kong for a few days and then back to the Phils.
I'm getting excited now, I've got a lovely Christmas planned with my kids, and then off to see a bit more of the world and my mahal again on New Years day.
Merry Christmas everyone:)

rani
24th December 2010, 08:19
enjoy your holiday ian :Hellooo:

Terpe
24th December 2010, 08:25
...not till Christmas, but until I head out to Hong Kong for a few days and then back to the Phils.
I'm getting excited now, I've got a lovely Christmas planned with my kids, and then off to see a bit more of the world and my mahal again on New Years day.
Merry Christmas everyone:)

Have a really memorable time and a safe journey.
Merry Christmas

Doc Alan
24th December 2010, 09:00
Merry Christmas to you Ian, being with your kids and then your mahal are so important each in their own way :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
24th December 2010, 09:23
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year............. sounds like a great time is lined up :)

Sim11UK
24th December 2010, 09:34
Happy Christmas, send our love to all in the Philippines...wish I was getting on that plane. :)

jimeve
24th December 2010, 11:52
Have a wonderful time with your kids and wife. Merry Christmas and Happy new-year :Wave:

Englishman2010
24th December 2010, 13:24
Have a wonderful time with your kids and wife. Merry Christmas and Happy new-year :Wave:

Thanks Jim.........wife:yikes: I've only just got divorced, not ready for a wife again yet :icon_lol:

raynaputi
24th December 2010, 14:18
Enjoy the holidays Ian! :Hellooo:

jimeve
24th December 2010, 20:26
Thanks Jim.........wife:yikes: I've only just got divorced, not ready for a wife again yet :icon_lol:

OOPS, my Tagalog not very good thought mahal was wife. :NoNo: Asawa= wife :doh

Englishman2010
24th December 2010, 20:45
OOPS, my Tagalog not very good thought mahal was wife. :NoNo: Asawa= wife :doh

No need to apologise Jim:xxgrinning--00xx3: ....and your Tagalog is probably much better than mine:icon_lol:

AdamB
24th December 2010, 22:03
Ian,

Whats your flight costing??

I found this
http://www.thewisemiser.co.uk/FlightResults.aspx?Search=InDirectReturn&Depart_To=MNL&Depart_From=LON&D_Loc=LON&R_Loc=MNL&D_FullDate=01/06/2011&R_FullDate=21/06/2011&Adults=1&Children=0&Infants=0&Journey=R&Direct=N&Currency=GBP&Country=GB&PrefClass=XX&PrefAirlines=XX&Flex=N

Englishman2010
24th December 2010, 22:24
Ian,

Whats your flight costing??

I found this
http://www.thewisemiser.co.uk/FlightResults.aspx?Search=InDirectReturn&Depart_To=MNL&Depart_From=LON&D_Loc=LON&R_Loc=MNL&D_FullDate=01/06/2011&R_FullDate=21/06/2011&Adults=1&Children=0&Infants=0&Journey=R&Direct=N&Currency=GBP&Country=GB&PrefClass=XX&PrefAirlines=XX&Flex=N

I had a quick look, those prices do seem quite reasonable with Saudi. As it happens I have a flight to Manila over Easter already booked with Saudi it wasn't much more that what's quoted there, which I thought was pretty good as Easter is a peak travelling period (but I did book it in July 2010).

You should take into account that the prices for Heathrow are generally cheaper than regional airports, but it's not always practical for many of us to fly from Heathrow - time to get there, cost of a taxi, cost of parking/overnight hotel...etc. Heathrow adds 2 and half hours each way and about £150 to my journey. I can get to Birmingham in less than 30 minutes and a taxi is only £30 EW. Both KLM and Emirates fly to the Far East from Birmingham and as long as they are no more than £100 dearer than a Heathrow flight, I'll always go with them.

Regarding your question about my next flight, I'm going with KLM from Birmingham/Amsterdam to Hong Kong for 2 weeks, it was £530, but on top of that I've also got onwards return flights with PAL from HK to Manila and Manila to P/Princesa which obviously adds a bit more.

Unless it's peak season £600 - £650 seems to be the going rate to Manila from Birmingham, but these prices go up to £800 - £1000 over Easter, Christmas and the July/Aug holiday periods.

Tawi2
24th December 2010, 22:37
it's not always practical for many of us to fly from Heathrow

I can get to Birmingham in less than 30 minutes
I guess I am lucky,I can actually be at Heathrow within 20 minutes of leaving the house:) In Davao I am even closer to the airport when I stay on Angliongto.

Englishman2010
24th December 2010, 22:47
I guess I am lucky,I can actually be at Heathrow within 20 minutes of leaving the house:) In Davao I am even closer to the airport when I stay on Angliongto.

I've done Leicester to Heathrow in about 80 mins in the past, but that was before speed camera's, and in the middle of the night with little traffic and no road works. The other problem now is a hotel with 14 - 18 days parking is about £120, shuttles are another £10 and it costs about £30/£40 in fuel to get there. A taxi each way is about £90/£100 from here:yikes: Even the National Express coach is about £25 each way and it takes about 3 hours allowing for stops/drop offs up the M1

AdamB
24th December 2010, 23:19
Well i just run the same info again but from aberdeen.
Yikes it's good 200 extra.
But if you think about it no hotels no travel down the road.

Does not say if there's a transfer but i assume there would be. Other option is glasgow 610quid and that's direct.

Think i'll book it turn of year after festive bank account recovers :crazy:

Enjoy your break Ian,

Englishman2010
25th December 2010, 10:04
Well i just run the same info again but from aberdeen.
Yikes it's good 200 extra.
But if you think about it no hotels no travel down the road.

Does not say if there's a transfer but i assume there would be. Other option is glasgow 610quid and that's direct.

Think i'll book it turn of year after festive bank account recovers :crazy:

Enjoy your break Ian,

If it were me I'd take the flight from Glasgow, it might be more, but when you take into account the cost, time and hassle of getting to Heathrow, it is probably better value for money. (who is it with? KLM, Emirates?..both good airlines....don't forget Saudi is a dry airline, so only soft drinks)

Arthur Little
25th December 2010, 16:47
Merry Christmas everyone :)

Christmas is for families, Ian ... enjoy the day with yours ... let the kids pamper their dad before he sets out on his next BIG adventure. We, your many friends here, wish you Bon Voyage! Have a safe and pleasant trip, a nice stopover in Hong Kong ... and a great holiday with Elaine. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
25th December 2010, 20:25
Christmas is for families, Ian ... enjoy the day with yours ... let the kids pamper their dad before he sets out on his next BIG adventure. We, your many friends here, wish you Bon Voyage! Have a safe and pleasant trip, a nice stopover in Hong Kong ... and a great holiday with Elaine. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3: Hope that you're having a great Christmas too:)

mickcant
25th December 2010, 20:36
It will be a good start to 2011 for you and your mahal:)
Hope your children enjoy Christmas.
Mick.:)

Englishman2010
25th December 2010, 20:39
It will be a good start to 2011 for you and your mahal:)
Hope your children enjoy Christmas.
Mick.:)

Thanks Mick, I'm getting excited now, and yes I've had a lovely afternoon and evening with the kids. The little one's in bed now, and the older one is playing on his computer game.
Hope that you've had a good day too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

AdamB
25th December 2010, 21:49
Hi,

Ian, Sorry mate i have not had chance to look.

I've been preocupied with a very attractive woman speaking to me the best part of the day.

Merry Christmas to one and all.
Have a great time Ian.