PDA

View Full Version : need advice thanks

ritchbellniesha
2nd January 2011, 19:16
hi there im new to this forum and badly needed help.i was living in the uk while i met my fiance, she had my baby while i was there, when my visa expired i had to return home.She came with me as we were going to get married here. but paper works was wrong so she has to return home with our baby.me and my fiance are planning to get married soon .my question is she is my sponsor but she is recieving maternity pay and taxcredits but has a job lined up the problem is babysitters so she can go back to work.anyway were going for a fiance visa so i can look after our daugter so she can work. her brother is working and earns good money and is willing to co sponsor me but we were unsure of the requirements. i want to be with them.can anyone please advice me what to do. thanks so much.

ritchbellniesha
2nd January 2011, 19:28
hi its me again, in addition to my querry, we have a good accomodation at her grandads for free till we get married.

joebloggs
2nd January 2011, 20:22
it would be more difficult to get a visa for you if she was on benefits (thou some people have managed it), becuase the benefits she get would really only be enough for her and the baby, the embassy could say its not enough to support you and you would need recourse to public funds. there is no set figure she would need to show the embassy that she can support you all, but a figure of about £130 a week after paying rent and community charge would be a guide.

on a fiancee visa your not allowed to work until you have been granted FLR, as for you needing to look after the baby, she would probably be able to claim the childcare element of tax creds if you were not there, where the gov/taxpayer payes upto 75% of childcare costs.

as for her brother co-sponsoring you, until recenlty 3rd party financial support was not allowed, but there has been a ruling that a 3rd party could offer financial support, but i dont think its been implemented by the Home Office yet.so dont count on that.

you've not mentioned if you g/f has savings ? also where is she living ? what type of property, how many people live there ?

i would say its better if you waited til she has started work, has 6 pay slips and bank state ments , hopfully showing £2000+ in savings, with no statements over drawn and
that would increase your chances..

joebloggs
2nd January 2011, 21:02
should not be a problem with that, as long as they will write a letter of support, provide evidence they own it or rent it and it will not be over crowded with you all living there..

you want her grand parents to support your accomodation, her brother to help with the finances and shes not working, it doesn't look good does it :NoNo:

ritchbellniesha
2nd January 2011, 22:04
thanks for the reply joeblogs but she has job lined for her, just needs babysitter so she can freely work.

ritchbellniesha
2nd January 2011, 22:07
her maternity pay covers that and she lives with her grandparents rent free with the use of 2 bedrooms for her and her own lounge for her and the baby i can stay there rent free to
her maternity isn't public funds she has earned that, just if she clams childcare element to tax credit's it will put her taking more public funds she currently gets child benefit y dose the ukba say you can have a co sponcer for a finance visa then i dont understand

ritchbellniesha
2nd January 2011, 22:16
as for the child care eliment her positon requires her to work unsocable hours and weekends the nursery is closed then and there is no-one to help her out :yikes:

joebloggs
2nd January 2011, 22:45
her maternity pay covers that and she lives with her grandparents rent free with the use of 2 bedrooms for her and her own lounge for her and the baby i can stay there rent free to
her maternity isn't public funds she has earned that, just if she clams childcare element to tax credit's it will put her taking more public funds she currently gets child benefit y dose the ukba say you can have a co sponcer for a finance visa then i dont understand

your right maternity pay is not a public fund but tax creds is, anyway maternity pay is not that much ,:NoNo: but you said she has a job lined up, so she doesn't have a job to go back to at the mo?

co-sponsor the accommodation shouldnt be a problem, but someone co-sponoring finances there might be as problem

http://www.gcnchambers.co.uk/gcn/news/third_party_support_and_or_joint_sponsorship_are_permissible_for_entry_clearance_applications_under_rules_281_297_and_317

as i've said i dont think its been implemented yet.

it could be possible to get a visa but your risks of refusal will probably increase compared to if your g/f was working and had savings..

if you are refused do you want to wait maybe 6 months for an appeal, thats if you win it. minimse your risks of refusal at the start.

registered childminders some will work from 7am up to 7pm.

what type of visa did you have in the uk ?

Arthur Little
3rd January 2011, 02:14
In order to assist you ... and others who read your posts - as well as maximise the responses you receive - I've merged your two threads into one. :welcomex: to the filipino/uk forum.

ellis
3rd January 2011, 04:29
By the way, do you have any saving?If you can demonstrate you have saving apart from your girlfriend (sponsor)does that help?Previously , I know of someone who as able to obtain a visa for his fiancee and he was working two days per week plus living in housing association with no savings.Now, I supposed is harder because they are controlling immigration esp non EEA. I hope you will be able obtain the visa without much problems.As long as you do not use public funds and have enough fiance till you obtain your ILR.If your girlfriend has own place it will be an advantage.Sometimes,one wonder how they screen all these cases the real genuine case have problems with visa whilst bogus cases get away without any problems with visa.Yours is definately a genuine case.I do hope you reunite with your girlfriend soon.

joebloggs
3rd January 2011, 08:13
I know of someone who as able to obtain a visa for his fiancee and he was working two days per week plus living in housing association with no savings.

well i dont know what he was earning for those 2 days a week, but if he did have no savings he was a bit lucky, as to how was he going to pay for her air ticket, the fiancee visa, wedding and FLR visa with no savings and working part time ?, also his g/f would not be allowed to work until they are married and been granted FLR so he would have to support them both.

of course people have got visa's with no job and savings but obviously the risk of refusal must increase

ritchbellniesha
3rd January 2011, 15:16
Salary slips for at least the previous 3 months, preferably the previous 6 months; AND
Bank statements for at least the previous 6 months; AND
The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) employment contract (if the sponsor is not independently wealthy); AND
The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) most recent P60.

If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is self-employed, owns his own company, or if the sponsor (co-sponsor) does not work, then the employment contract and P60 can be substituted with certified copies of the previous two years' tax returns accompanied by a notarized version of his business accounts.

If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is retired, then the employment contract and P60 can be substituted with a statement from his pension scheme.

If there are disproportionate deposits and withdrawals in the bank statements, they should be explained in the sponsor's letter.