PDA

View Full Version : uk spouse visa

iamsupernikki
5th January 2011, 08:50
hello everyone! please give me advices or tell me your experiences regarding with the uk spouse visa...
i am nikki from cebu philippines and i am engaged to an English bloke named peter xxxxxxx.. our relationship is almost a year now, we are very close to each other and decided to get married this october 2011.. we met last feb 2010 and he then visited me here in the philippines last october 9-29,2010.. we decide to get married this year.. now my question is, how many months after we get married can i apply for a uk spouse visa? he's work in the uk is a 7.5 toned driver, he earns like 1,200 pounds per week.. i am wondering if my fiancee's work in th uk depends if my visa will be approved soon or not.. i am scared to apply for visa again because i was refuse the last time i applied for a visit visa. please give me advice about it. thank u guys.. belated happy holidays!:)

stevewool
5th January 2011, 09:23
hi nikki and welcome, first you sy you was refused before , what visa was that,if you get married this year to peter you can aply straight away and yes its better that peter is working and has savings too , lots of things to sort out but you are with a great site so just keep asking questions, good luck:)

aposhark
5th January 2011, 12:59
This is a good place to start iamsupernikki:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/26857-Applying-for-a-Fiance-or-Spouse-Visa-A-quick-guide

Your fiance's job will be ok.
He will just have to produce his bank statements for your visa at a later date.
It will be better if he has say £2000 and has not been overdrawn for a year at least.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
:drivingx: :drivingx: :drivingx: :drivingx:

As time goes on, suggest he goes for class 2, then class 1 HGV.
These cost money but, in the long run, the pay will be better for your family.

HGV 1 (C&E) pays £30,000 to £35,000 per year so he will be able to recoup the costs of training and tests later, I think he will need to spend £3,000 to £5,000 to get trained up to class 1 (C&E) but is an investment for the future.

Tell him I am a class 1 (C&E) driver and got married in the Phils, now my wife is here with me for 20 months already and we have a baby daughter too. I can support our family but I work all the hours I can.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Best of luck to both of you and ask more questions of me and others here :)
I will be able to answer questions better in the middle of February when we return from Cebu Island :)

I also suggest you ask the mods to delete your fiance's family name from your first post - he may not want other people to know his real name.
Also, don't post any of his personal details later, it is safer to be this way.

joebloggs
5th January 2011, 14:15
I also suggest you ask the mods to delete your fiance's family name from your first post - he may not want other people to know his real name.
Also, don't post any of his personal details later, it is safer to be this way.

done :D

your refused visit visa should not effect you getting a settlement visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
5th January 2011, 16:25
Hello,mod joebloggs is right,my visit visa applcation was refused too but it never affect my fiance visa application.But when i arrived in Heathrow airport the officer incharge was asking me the reason why I was refused and no more further question ask.So I would say,dont worry about your previous application.

gWaPito
5th January 2011, 21:19
Apo, I'd never thought I would say this, we both have something in common We are both HGV Class 1 or LGV C+E truck drivers. I past my HGV 1 licence at 21yo It cost me £75. Where I am, you can earn up to the tax band where you go into paying 50% not good! So, we have to be aware of our monthly wages. In other parts of the country like for example Cornwall they are paying min wage and still get drivers. Its just pot luck where you live.

aposhark
5th January 2011, 23:17
Apo, I'd never thought I would say this, we both have something in common We are both HGV Class 1 or LGV C+E truck drivers. I past my HGV 1 licence at 21yo It cost me £75. Where I am, you can earn up to the tax band where you go into paying 50% not good! So, we have to be aware of our monthly wages. In other parts of the country like for example Cornwall they are paying min wage and still get drivers. Its just pot luck where you live.

gWapito, if you're one of the ones driving at night with the "cross" in neon, I'll run ya off the road (only joking :laugher:)
I have a limited co. and invoice agencies for services, it works out ok.
I moved to the midlands from the North West as the rates were much worse up there.

gWaPito
6th January 2011, 00:31
No Apo, ive got no neon cross. Im with Tesco fresh food division Oxfordshire. They would work Christmas day if the law allowed them. I cant grumble, I get ample leave and the money is good. I live in Swindon where there is loads of driving work but, its £12000 less than what im getting now. So until the site where I work closes, im staying with the 60 mile per day commute. As they say 'a truckers lot, is not a happy lot' I wouldn't change it though. Ive tried other stuff but, I couldn't settle. Driving is in my blood. At least im home every day.

joebloggs
6th January 2011, 01:14
At least im home every day.

thats all that matters :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
6th January 2011, 02:29
Thanks Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3: One thing I would like to add, my wife never complains never moans never whines. Its suprising what a life time of (in my opinion) adversity can do to one. She means the world to me.