PDA

View Full Version : ILR Processing Time

RuBiX
7th January 2011, 20:24
Hi to all!! Happy New Year!! I hope you had a great new year celebration:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

I'm just wondering for those people who got their ILR, how long did you wait for your ILR visa? It's just because I'm planning to travel in December this year or January nxt year and I'll be applying for ILR this October. I know it says, 3 months of process. But, from your own experience, is it really 3 months or less than that coz I really wanna visit Philippines on Dec or Jan...:D. I wanna book my flight in advance too;)
:D

Cheers to all!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Terpe
7th January 2011, 21:31
If you present your application in person you get a decision within a couple of hours.
Together with all docs etc.
Ah, naturally you do pay a little extra for this VIP treatment:D

RuBiX
7th January 2011, 22:55
I think I'll do it by post to save for the flights to Thailand and Philippines:D.

But, if I'll do it in person, do they have an office in Birmingham or just in London?

Thanks Terpe..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th January 2011, 08:44
I think I'll do it by post to save for the flights to Thailand and Philippines:D.

But, if I'll do it in person, do they have an office in Birmingham or just in London?

Thanks Terpe..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Birmingham - Yes

Take a look here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/applyinginperson/

joebloggs
8th January 2011, 10:13
probably around 28 days for many people.

RuBiX
8th January 2011, 22:15
Thanks Terpe and Joebloggs:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh 28 days, that's sounds good! Do you think I'll take a risk to book flights before applying or having ILR? I'll be applying on September coz my FLR will expire on October and planning to travel on late December..:)

Would really like to do it by post to save for the flight fees!!:D

Arthur Little
9th January 2011, 22:09
Would really like to do it by post to save for the flight fees!!:D

:iagree: Probably just as well. My wife should be able to apply for her ILR next month ... based on the 2yrs less 28 days calculation ... and I'd originally been keen that she did so in person at our nearest PEO office - which is in Glasgow - but given the ever-widening gap in the price difference following the latest fee increases :rolleyes: ... we've since reckoned it's worth doing it by post at a saving of around £400! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
9th January 2011, 22:22
2yrs of being in the uk - upto 28 days Arthur ( but im sure you know that) nothing wrong with the post , i refused to go to a PEO , they should be processing it that quick by post to :angry:

Arthur Little
9th January 2011, 23:15
2yrs of being in the uk - upto 28 days Arthur ( but im sure you know that)

Yes ... 2 years of being in the UK minus up to 28 days, Joe ... you're right! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
9th January 2011, 23:18
nothing wrong with the post , i refused to go to a PEO , they should be processing it that quick by post to :angry:

Absolutely ... :iagree:!

RuBiX
10th January 2011, 01:04
Yes ... 2 years of being in the UK minus up to 28 days, Joe ... you're right! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I just wanna ask I was on a fiancee visa, got the visa February 2009 but decided to fly May 2009 coz of work and to spend more time with family and friends in Phils. Then, got my FLR last October 2009. So when should I apply for ILR? April or September this year coz of the 28 days rule?:D

Oh well, I think I'll just wait till I get my ILR. I don't wanna risk my flight fees and the leave I'll be asking from work and not sure if I can get the ILR late December. Oh well, Philippines will be waiting for me next year or two. And mind you, £780 for the naturalization fee, I'd rather save the flight fees for the visa and after that I can roam around the world:rolleyes:.. Oh I hope the whole process and spending loads of £££ will end for the visa, passports,etc...:rolleyes::cwm3::D

Oh, maybe I can still change my mind in a few months. I miss my family, friends, Pinoy food, wihite sand beach, sun, the people, etc..Oh well, great sacrifice comes great reward:rolleyes::D:xxgrinning--00xx3: So, just keep on waiting:NoNo:

Cheers to all!!Have a good night..:D