PDA

View Full Version : in need of all the info i could get about eea family permit

marikistin
15th January 2011, 19:18
hello all i havent been here for a good while.i have managed to gather most of the documents needed for our application but my problem is
that i dont knw how am i goin to sort it all and can anyone enlighten me about the savings we need. Is it really have to be worth 2,000-3,000 pound on my husbands account as currently we dnt have any savings as everything goes to our expenses does anyone here had recently apply for an eea family permit.is the process same with spouse visa Iam starting to get scared that we might be refused or something..pl and also i if there are people who have been in a similar situation like mine (eea family permit application) i would like to ask your emaiil thank you so much in advance.

joebloggs
15th January 2011, 21:53
is your husband working in the uk ?

keithAngel
16th January 2011, 14:12
Hi im in this process as well please set out your details like Joes question where is you husband now? as much info as pos where are you now?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/eunationalsschemes/eeafamilypermit#22947085

lots of info here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
16th January 2011, 14:50
he needs to be excersing his treaty rights in the UK, what finances he needs to show depends on how he is excersing those rights (student, employed, self sufficent etc)

but if hes working, evidence of this eg pay slips, and of right to work should be enough
, savings should not come into it.

marikistin
16th January 2011, 21:07
thank you for your reply joe. my husband is currently in northern ireland and i am here in the philippines with the kids.yes he is working but only part time job is this enough to suffice the requirements.he had already sent me payslips n he will be sending more.he only started working last year so its only a year or so would that affect the application.thank you so much for the infos you are giving.

hi keithangel,like i have told joe i am here in the PI and my hubby is in UK how about you?have you lodge your application and are you going for the eea route too?where you from in the PI maybe we can talk and help each other out.thank you :)

joebloggs
16th January 2011, 21:30
your husband has an irish and a british passport ?

marikistin
16th January 2011, 22:01
yes joe he both have an irish and a british passport

keithAngel
17th January 2011, 03:45
From the linc i posted

EUN2.16 Can family members of dual British / Irish nationals qualify for an EEA family permit?

This guidance is under review due to a case being referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union (formerly ECJ).
Please refer to ECCCAT for guidance.

dont know what this will mean though

Im in Cebu and will be applying in Portugal Im British:xxgrinning--00xx3:

marikistin
19th January 2011, 03:16
oh ok does this mean we are now in a slim chance of getting our family permit granted if ever:(

joebloggs
19th January 2011, 21:51
i think the judgment has not been released yet.

Terpe
19th January 2011, 22:28
Joe is correct. No news on when the judgement will be made.
It would be highly advisable to wait on that before going down the same road.
Plenty of people in similar situation also waiting.

marikistin
20th January 2011, 00:15
you mean terpe we shouldnt apply for the eea family permit yet. do you think it is a gray area for us now :-s and for the case i tried to look at ECCCAT as what it said to refer to but i cant find it.I really wanted to know what is the case that is in it. I tried calling the embassy the day like just to ask but there was no answer.Please if you or joe know the case about this can you pleasepaste link here or even the case filed like the summary or something.it will be a very big help for us.thank you so much. my husband and i have waited a few good years like since 2008 and now it looks like we are losing our hope:(...any help would be highly appreciated.thank you so much again terpe,joe,and keithangel

keithAngel
20th January 2011, 08:52
Its not clear to any one at the moment patience i guess

Terpe
20th January 2011, 09:25
marikistin

Here is some information for you on this case. You can see it has been going on for some time.
Plenty of people waiting for the outcome.

As mentioned there has been no ruling on this so far.

Reference for a preliminary ruling from Supreme Court of the United Kingdom made on 5 November 2009 — Shirley McCarthy v Secretary of State for the Home Department
Case C-434/09

Look here:-
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2010:011:0018:0019:EN:PDF

Early press report look here:-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/lawreports/2155554/MCCARTHY-v-HOME-SECRETARY.html

joebloggs
20th January 2011, 11:56
i'd try apply asap, as it does cost anything to apply for a family permit or you'll have to go thru the spouse visa route and that will cost money and youre chances of refusal might increase, (thou probably slightly :rolleyes:)

marikistin
20th January 2011, 13:06
good day to you terpe and joe thank you so much for all these information. i was actually worrying about it and had started preparing the papers needed as i dont want it to be like the uk be making a decision on this and we havent applied yet our papers. it would be better to try it at this time i think than wait on the case and i really hope positive outcome will be ours soon as our kids are growing n he is missing so much of it.again,all of your insights have been and are very helpful thank you so much.

by the way,would it be okay if we put our evidences as well as our application on a clearbook folder when we submit it to them?what is the best thing to use for all the evidences we have got.especially the chatlogs they are loads lol.

i cant thank you all enough for the advice and infos you gave us.

have a wonderful day everyone :)

marikistin
20th January 2011, 13:07
forgot to mention you keithangel lol many thanks to you too :)

joebloggs
20th January 2011, 14:23
if you've got kids all the more reason to apply asap, becuase if you have to go the spouse visa way you'll have to pay for a settlement visa for them or to pay to get them registered as british (thats if they are british)

marikistin
20th January 2011, 22:34
joe i have another question, as my husband is not the dad of my first child would that be a problem whne i apply my daughter her eea family permit?please enlighten me on this.
And on her birth certificate there is no name of the father indicated wotsoever. thank you again.and good day.:)

marikistin
20th January 2011, 22:59
and another question is, my husband is workin part time job would it affect our application too if ever?or as long as he is working either part time or full time it dont matter as long as hes working?again thank you so much.:)

keithAngel
21st January 2011, 04:19
joe i have another question, as my husband is not the dad of my first child would that be a problem whne i apply my daughter her eea family permit?please enlighten me on this.
And on her birth certificate there is no name of the father indicated wotsoever. thank you again.and good day.:)

Makes no difference as long as the child is dependant and a minor

marikistin
22nd January 2011, 11:40
hello thank you for the infos you have shared. i am now in the process of sorting out,scanning and photocopying all the documents we need to prepare for our application and i would like to know how would it be for my daughter's application as i would submit it the same time as mine.how would i split the birth cert of my husband or would it be ok like to have a scanned copy on my daughters application. and another thing would be where should i put this documents...should it be on a clearbook or a binder with dividers and contents and subcontents listed.any helpful information are welcome and thank you so much for all the helpful insights and information you are sharing here.it enlightens us a lot.good day :)

keithAngel
22nd January 2011, 11:47
Belfast dude had a sucessful aplication in june 2010

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/25312-i-am-the-happiest-person-on-earth.....or-am-i?highlight=

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
22nd January 2011, 13:49
As joebloggs has said, no harm in trying....it's free.