PDA

View Full Version : applying for spouse visa with a child

jeanelovesdeano
19th January 2011, 03:37
hi everyone
i married a british man last nov.,2010.and we will have our baby soon.im 2 months pregnant now.my husband wants me to be in Uk before i will give birth to our baby.its very painful that we are not together specially we will have our baby soon..

do i need to put in the application that im pregnant?..will it be against us knowing that my husband doesn't have got disposable income ?how much is required savings needed if there's a baby already to consider?
your response is much appreciated..thank you..Godbless

aryM
19th January 2011, 07:30
hi everyone
i married a british man last nov.,2010.and we will have our baby soon.im 2 months pregnant now.my husband wants me to be in Uk before i will give birth to our baby.its very painful that we are not together specially we will have our baby soon..

do i need to put in the application that im pregnant?..will it be against us knowing that my husband doesn't have got disposable income ?how much is required savings needed if there's a baby already to consider?
your response is much appreciated..thank you..Godbless

Hello jeanelovesdeano, i think it is important to let the embassy know that your pregnant,. i understand how you feel, i got married to last november but its hard to far from your hubby specially now that your pregnant. He has to prove that he can support you there, he should have enough savings in the bank for the last six months, i think 2k - 3k gbp is fine.

jeanelovesdeano
21st January 2011, 03:11
hi aryM..thank u for the information..best wishes with your husband.

if it happen that i will apply a spouse visa with our child ( my British husband is the father )after giving birth here in Philippines , how much is the exact amount of disposable income my husband will suppose to have?..do they have a standard disposable income of a sponsor to consider if i apply a visa with a child?

your response is much appreciated ..thank you

aryM
21st January 2011, 07:25
Hi, I am not an expert but as per search I made, your husband need to show that he has around £100 extra a week (which calculates as around £400 a month) disposable income. I think this is the amount that is required for a couple to be able to support themselves. I dont how reliable this info i've got but I will do further search on this and will update you :D

Terpe
21st January 2011, 10:04
jeanelovesdeano

There really isn't any actual amount stated in the 'immigration rules' that indicate
just how much is considered as 'sufficient'.

Basically, the UKBA will be looking at the amount of money left after any key fixed/regular expenditure (such as rent or mortgage payments etc). We all have different key fixed/regular outgoings.

The best guide for a couple with child would be to show clear evidence of a disposable weekly amount of £160 (£103 per couple and £57 per child)

Hope this helps you

jeanelovesdeano
21st January 2011, 12:06
thank you aryM and terpe for the information..if it happen that my husband cant show disposable amount of 160 pounds per week,do we have no chance at all to approve the spouse visa?..what if he can only show less than 160 pounds per week, do we still have chance?

Terpe
21st January 2011, 12:16
thank you aryM and terpe for the information..if it happen that my husband cant show disposable amount of 160 pounds per week,do we have no chance at all to approve the spouse visa?..what if he can only show less than 160 pounds per week, do we still have chance?

What is your understanding of 'disposable income' ?

I cannot say exactly what the ECO may decide, however he may well refuse the visa if you cannot show sufficient finances.
In principle this means that if it is likely that the amount of money you and the sponsor will have to live on would fall short of the amount of money available for a family of similar size from UK welfare benefits then the ECO may consider this as appropriate grounds for refusal.

keithAngel
21st January 2011, 12:48
Child benifit and Tax credits do not count as expence on the public purse and should form part of his income once you arrive:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
21st January 2011, 14:19
having some savings would help :rolleyes: