PDA

View Full Version : Nanay's coming - help!!

Piamed
20th January 2011, 19:44
Hi guys

Quick questions please.

Pia and I plan to have nanay come over round about last week in June. The timing is pretty important as the plan is to have her arrival coincide with a happy event :)

The questions are around the following:

Has anyone any recent experience of bring a relative over who is not working, so therefore will struggle to perhaps prove there is a necessity to return home at the end of the granted VISA period (hopefully 6 months)?

Any thoughts on the associated timelines?

Cheers for your help!

T

Arthur Little
20th January 2011, 21:51
Haven't - so far - had experience of bringing any of Myrna's relatives over from the Phils, Toks :NoNo: ... but Joe could well be the person to advise you on this. However, we're both delighted :BouncyHappy: to learn about the forthcoming addition to your family. Heartiest Congratulations to you and Pia, my friend. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
20th January 2011, 22:24
Thanks for your kind response Arthur and also for the congrats. We are behind 2 of our close forumers who are also expecting :) Another Marikit:yikes: At least in the last 2 weeks she has begun eating regularly - finally. Believe it or not I almost have to stop her sometimes as she can really pack food away now. Funny thing is that i was exactly the same at her age. If she'd sleep through the night that would be wonderful.

Hope all is well with you Myrna; please greet her for us!

If i can work out how to do it i will post videos of Marikit singing and dancingto Poker Face and Fireworks. I'm told she gets it from me :)

joebloggs
20th January 2011, 23:00
:Hellooo: toks

appy for a family visit visa, your going to sponsor her i take it :D

something like this should help

http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/sil/sampleInvitationLetter.pdf

fred
21st January 2011, 00:46
My Mrs applied for a visa for her mum that was also not working..
We had no problems whatsoever..She stayed with us for 6 months.:doh

Pete/London
21st January 2011, 01:34
We have had most of my wife`s family to visit over the years, her Mum twice, her Dad,sister,2 brothers and I can only say there may have been an element of luck in the applications. Only once was her brother initially refused but we appealed and the visa was granted, he was 19 at the time. At the same time I sent a letter of invitation for the visit I would send a copy to the embassy with a covering letter, not sure if it was any help but the success rate was pretty good. Everything else was in place, such as good bank accounts, plenty of room for accommodation, and getting prepared for the interview.

Its been about 3 years since the last visit so not sure the procedure is the same.

The flip side is that I had a good reputation with Dee`s Aunts and cousins who live over here and they asked me to help with an application for the Aunts sister (another of Dee`s Aunts) who had been refused a visa. She made another application and I was in Manila and went with her for an appointment with someone who I thought was the Consul, but may have been the manager of the section, at the Embassy. That was when you had to get a lift up to the visa applications floor. I spoke on her behalf, explained that she had to return to the Philippines as her elderly Mother relied on her, and was assured that the visa would be granted ,no problem. Everyone was celebrating, went back to Angeles and had party and I was the bees knees.
We returned home and 2 weeks later came the news that her visa had again been refused as they thought she intended to stay. As I say it can be pure luck sometimes.
She eventually got here for her nieces wedding last year but they used a lawyer. Never been asked to help since.:icon_lol:

Piamed
21st January 2011, 08:21
:Hellooo: toks

appy for a family visit visa, your going to sponsor her i take it :D

something like this should help

http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/sil/sampleInvitationLetter.pdf
Thank you amigo. Very helpful as always.

My Mrs applied for a visa for her mum that was also not working..
We had no problems whatsoever..She stayed with us for 6 months.:dohThanks for the confidence booster mate!

We have had most of my wife`s family to visit over the years, her Mum twice, her Dad,sister,2 brothers and I can only say there may have been an element of luck in the applications. Only once was her brother initially refused but we appealed and the visa was granted, he was 19 at the time. At the same time I sent a letter of invitation for the visit I would send a copy to the embassy with a covering letter, not sure if it was any help but the success rate was pretty good. Everything else was in place, such as good bank accounts, plenty of room for accommodation, and getting prepared for the interview.

Its been about 3 years since the last visit so not sure the procedure is the same.

The flip side is that I had a good reputation with Dee`s Aunts and cousins who live over here and they asked me to help with an application for the Aunts sister (another of Dee`s Aunts) who had been refused a visa. She made another application and I was in Manila and went with her for an appointment with someone who I thought was the Consul, but may have been the manager of the section, at the Embassy. That was when you had to get a lift up to the visa applications floor. I spoke on her behalf, explained that she had to return to the Philippines as her elderly Mother relied on her, and was assured that the visa would be granted ,no problem. Everyone was celebrating, went back to Angeles and had party and I was the bees knees.
We returned home and 2 weeks later came the news that her visa had again been refused as they thought she intended to stay. As I say it can be pure luck sometimes.
She eventually got here for her nieces wedding last year but they used a lawyer. Never been asked to help since.:icon_lol:
Thanks Pete. That really provides useful insight. I suspec all wil be well with us also. Interesting anecdotes. I suspect their decision making is often spurious :) Thanks again.

keithAngel
21st January 2011, 10:06
Congrats Toks Im sure your confident attitude will win the day:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
21st January 2011, 11:57
Congrats Toks Im sure your confident attitude will win the day:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Here's hoping my friend. Cheers. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
21st January 2011, 13:12
Piamed,
Just for your info, my wife's sister came to UK for a 3 month visit without any problem.
She had previously been denied Australian visit visa twice.

Piamed
25th January 2011, 00:32
Thanks Terpe. This helps :xxgrinning--00xx3: